Club Statement/ Departures and Arrivals

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
hockley dagger

Nothing about Terry Harris then.
Auntie Merge

As Steve Gritt is ‘joint Assistant Manager’, I’m assuming that Terry Harris is staying for the foreseeable.
Diggerthedog

People questioning the manager already, FFS. Terry is a really good assistant manager, let’s cut him some slack. The whole thing with Taylor didn’t work and I’m sure Terry did not see it coming either not sure they had work together previously? It might be a case of current knowledge is useful until the summer.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:50 pm People questioning the manager already, FFS. Terry is a really good assistant manager, let’s cut him some slack. The whole thing with Taylor didn’t work and I’m sure Terry did not see it coming either not sure they had work together previously? It might be a case of current knowledge is useful until the summer.
I’m not questioning Terry staying, in fact I am delighted that it appears he is.

He was no 2 to John Still
He was no 2 to Garry Hill
He was no 2 to Luke Garrard when Boreham
Wood got to the play offs

Don’t understand why anyone would criticise a man who has had so much success.
Mark

Cautiously optimistic with these changes. Hope we can make a couple of signings and make some progress. Glad Terry is still around.
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:04 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:50 pm People questioning the manager already, FFS. Terry is a really good assistant manager, let’s cut him some slack. The whole thing with Taylor didn’t work and I’m sure Terry did not see it coming either not sure they had work together previously? It might be a case of current knowledge is useful until the summer.
I’m not questioning Terry staying, in fact I am delighted that it appears he is.

Sorry merge should have said was about all the social media comments not your post.
Dag82

Keeping Terry is a good decision.

No comparison between him & Jody Brown, TH is a proven / successful assistant coach, and also it is correct to say, that keeping
someone onboard who really "knows the club", and can pass that knowledge on, is a smart move.

Another experienced coach in, with the confirmation of Steve Gritt.

Liking what I am seeing so far.

Wonder what the next changes wil be ??, reckon Dr. Shipman might be a bit worried. :eh:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:04 pm

More importantly I remember Grit from.his Brighton days, took over as Manager with them marooned at the bottom.of the Football League . Kept them up with a last game winner stays up loser goes down and out the FL game at Hereford. Very harshly sacked following season . That was over 20 years ago and rather surprised he fell out of the Management rat race.
Good appointment in my book