Why ???

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Why , when we have a new manager are we treated to a performance out of peter Taylor’s favourite play books????

A poxy nil nil with a front line that can’t score for toffee. How did luque and McQueen A... get picked and B... stay on. Useless the pair of them. Now I like Kandis work rate but he should have at least worked the keeper if he wasn’t gonna pass but he hit it 200 ft over the bar again. McMahon needs to sack Harris and the other bloke and really half of today’s team should look elsewhere for work because they ain’t our future. You’d think luque might have put in some effort in front of the new manager but he was just a passenger again.

Outfield Robbo , Liam, Manny , kenny Brown and wrighty put in good shifts but the rest were dire.
I hope the manager gets 4 or 5 players in this week.

I actually want my money back. Taylor out !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Problem is what are the alternatives in the squad?
Mark

I maintain that Luque is not good enough. But he's better than the alternative.

Thought today was about the best it can get with the players available, so can't criticise much. We know several of those players aren't good enough, but at least they applied themselves today. Credit to the coaches for that at least, under Taylor we'd have got beat.
RM1Dagger

I thought we played okay, better than recent weeks. I'm not sure how Torquay didn't score but we had a few chances too but second half I thought we played more like the away team, on the break whilst the Gulls pressed, but overall a point was fair.

As above, Luque not good enough, in fact he's awful and people wonder why he doesn't always make the team. He couldn't trap a bag of cement.
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

I don’t miss many games and that was a very similar game to the two Ebbsfleet matches. We still wouldn’t score from open play if the game was still going on now. Torquay had ample chances it’s just pure luck they didn’t get 3 or 4 from their chances. 2 points dropped I think. Not good enough.
Alan

The squad lacks goals. Kandi, Grant and Quigley are hopeless in front of goal. Lucque is hopeless - 30 seconds of decent play every 6 games at best from him. Dobson is even worse.
Diggerthedog

New manager has a huge job to keep us up based on our strikers, Balanta told me at least another 3 weeks before the game. Thanks very much Peter Taylor.
dagger4eva

1st half was a vast improvement on the last game I had the displeasure of being at in person VS Ebbsfleet.
A really good tempo, lots of pressing, some decent aggressive football and unlucky not to go in with a small lead.

2nd half was definitely a much tighter affair and probably got out of jail with Torquay hitting the woodwork what I think was a total of 3 times.

Manny played OK but my joint men of the match would have gone to Will Wright and Liam Gordon. Both played out of their skins and gave near faultless performances.

A shame the same couldn't be said for a few other players, namely Luque and McQueen who were complete and utter passengers.

Lots of huff and puff from Quigley but same old with him.
Grant might as well not have bothered coming on.

A real plus to see Sam Deering make the last few minutes.

We could've been playing until the end of Jan and still not scored. One thing is for certain - with what is largely a rabble, Mcmahon has one hell of a job on his hands.
2 or 3 decent attacking players will need to be added to the squad, as well as an urgent need to get Balanta back firing on all cylinders sooner rather than later.

A bit of an odd one having Thommo telling everyone up in the bar how having to phone Taylor to sack him on Sunday when it was his (PT's) wife's birthday was the "hardest day of his life"....

Funny how he told Time FM it was a 'board decision'.

I think its safe to say Peter Freund called him Sunday morning and told him it was an order that he sack him immediately.

One final thought, just listened to the latest interview with Jody Brown.
Gotta say, I've come full circle and completely warned to the bloke. He clear has a great affection for the club, genuinely gives a fu*k, and I hope Daryl can find a place for him on his coaching team.
RM1Dagger

ARNU wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:45 pm I don’t miss many games and that was a very similar game to the two Ebbsfleet matches. We still wouldn’t score from open play if the game was still going on now. Torquay had ample chances it’s just pure luck they didn’t get 3 or 4 from their chances. 2 points dropped I think. Not good enough.
Not sure how on one had we were lucky Torquay didn't score three or four but we also 'dropped' two points...
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:08 pm
ARNU wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:45 pm I don’t miss many games and that was a very similar game to the two Ebbsfleet matches. We still wouldn’t score from open play if the game was still going on now. Torquay had ample chances it’s just pure luck they didn’t get 3 or 4 from their chances. 2 points dropped I think. Not good enough.
Not sure how on one had we were lucky Torquay didn't score three or four but we also 'dropped' two points...
We had lots of chances and didn’t take them hence dropped points, and because we didn’t take them we were lucky that Torquay didn’t nick it with one of their 3 shots that hit the post. Hope that’s clearer for you.
Alan

dagger4eva wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:54 pm
Funny how he told Time FM it was a 'board decision'.

I think its safe to say Peter Freund called him Sunday morning and told him it was an order that he sack him immediately.
What’s funny about that? The board make a decision and the MD has to implement it. That’s the way boards work.
Dagger Steve

What a strange original post ARNU.

Literally nothing has changed since Wednesday - exactly the same players, new manager not yet at the helm, no chance to instil a change in methodology.

So what exactly was you expecting?

We could have won, lost or drawn today but the performance was always going to be what it was. (If not a slightly higher press first half to previous weeks)
ARNU

I think I expected because the new manager was watching, the players to put in a massive shift. 4 or 5 did. Luque for example didn’t. It was a clean slate for players to prove their worth. I wasn’t necessarily expecting to win, just a massive effort.
Mark

Luque did far more defending than I've ever seen him do but it was a low bar. I think it's unfair to say he didn't have a go, he's just not very good.
Dag82

Thought the effort today was great, but as we know only too well by now, half of this team are just not good enough.

2 new strikers has to be the immediate focus.

Have got 2 weeks now to get them, before next league game.