Why ???

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggerjamie

Strange one with luque he started the season well, there's a player there hopefully the new manager can get it out of him
ARNU

Luque was gonna be an exciting player, couldn’t believe he wasn’t getting starts but he’s been poor since aldershot and anonymous in quite a few games before that. Today he didn’t seem to be putting that much effort in and did nothing.
Passenger I’m afraid. Hope the new bloke can get a shift out of him.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

To be fair to any of our wingers you could have Ronaldo out wide for us and he’d look poor with our strike force, Luque has been much better with the Balanta in the team and that one game deering played too. I remember at least 5 sitters put on a plate by both Dobson and Luque that Our strikers have squandered. McQueen who we all know is better than his current showing is also evidence of that.
dagger4eva

Alan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:02 pm
dagger4eva wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:54 pm
Funny how he told Time FM it was a 'board decision'.

I think its safe to say Peter Freund called him Sunday morning and told him it was an order that he sack him immediately.
What’s funny about that? The board make a decision and the MD has to implement it. That’s the way boards work.
I've been in big business long enough to know that any managing director worth their salt, DOESN'T find it 'the hardest day of their life' to carry out the dismissal of a manager for reasons of abject failure.

So yes, I do find it hilarious that we have an MD who does.....
dagger4eva

dagger4eva wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:55 am
Alan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:02 pm
dagger4eva wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:54 pm

I think its safe to say Peter Freund called him Sunday morning and told him it was an order that he sack him immediately.
What’s funny about that? The board make a decision and the MD has to implement it. That’s the way boards work.
I've been in big business long enough to know that any managing director worth their salt, DOESN'T find it 'the hardest day of their life' to carry out the dismissal of a manager for reasons of abject failure.

So yes, I do find it very funny that we continue to employ an MD who does.....
lupins

Any person who had to make such a call to a decent man would and should find it difficult.

You keep banging on about the MD this is just another excuse to do so
Alan

There are valid criticisms to be made of things that have been done by the board, but every time the majority owners read stuff like this, or that Thommo was a pot boy, he trod on a spider etc, I’d imagine that any legitimate concerns are lost amongst the noise and they will think it’s petty point scoring.

The question they need to ask is can Thommo grow the club?
Diggerthedog

They already know the answer to that but decided to keep him on. If he took a step back and looked at the whole scenario and cares for the club as much as he and others claim he does he would walk away from it and let someone new take it on. How old is he now? Early retirement?

For sure he has done some really positive things but the negatives of his business decisions that last almost a decade far outweighs that, far too stubborn for his own good as he can never admit when he is wrong.

It’s a good question for the next fans forum where the owners are present on why they have kept him on and not brought their own person in. Question will be shouted down for sure but it’s needs asking, perhaps I’ll ask it to them when I see them next rather than publicly.
Alan

He’s 60. That’s some way off retirement age for most people.
RM1Dagger

ARNU wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:53 pm
RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:08 pm
ARNU wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:45 pm I don’t miss many games and that was a very similar game to the two Ebbsfleet matches. We still wouldn’t score from open play if the game was still going on now. Torquay had ample chances it’s just pure luck they didn’t get 3 or 4 from their chances. 2 points dropped I think. Not good enough.
Not sure how on one had we were lucky Torquay didn't score three or four but we also 'dropped' two points...
We had lots of chances and didn’t take them hence dropped points, and because we didn’t take them we were lucky that Torquay didn’t nick it with one of their 3 shots that hit the post. Hope that’s clearer for you.
Er...so a draw was about right then....
Now the SE27 Dagger
RampantDuke

dagger4eva wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:54 pm 1st half was a vast improvement on the last game I had the displeasure of being at in person VS Ebbsfleet.
A really good tempo, lots of pressing, some decent aggressive football and unlucky not to go in with a small lead.

2nd half was definitely a much tighter affair and probably got out of jail with Torquay hitting the woodwork what I think was a total of 3 times.

Manny played OK but my joint men of the match would have gone to Will Wright and Liam Gordon. Both played out of their skins and gave near faultless performances.

A shame the same couldn't be said for a few other players, namely Luque and McQueen who were complete and utter passengers.

Lots of huff and puff from Quigley but same old with him.
Grant might as well not have bothered coming on.

A real plus to see Sam Deering make the last few minutes.

We could've been playing until the end of Jan and still not scored. One thing is for certain - with what is largely a rabble, Mcmahon has one hell of a job on his hands.
2 or 3 decent attacking players will need to be added to the squad, as well as an urgent need to get Balanta back firing on all cylinders sooner rather than later.

A bit of an odd one having Thommo telling everyone up in the bar how having to phone Taylor to sack him on Sunday when it was his (PT's) wife's birthday was the "hardest day of his life"....

One final thought, just listened to the latest interview with Jody Brown.
Gotta say, I've come full circle and completely warned to the bloke. He clear has a great affection for the club, genuinely gives a fu*k, and I hope Daryl can find a place for him on his coaching team.
Thompson has made it very clear to anyone who wants to hear it that he finds sacking managers very difficult. It clearly affects him on a personal level and I haven’t got a problem with that. Shows that deep down he is a decent bloke.

I have to point out, however, that if he had pulled his finger out and sacked Taylor after the Hartlepool game then it wouldn’t have been Peter’s wife’s birthday so whose bloody fault was that? 😂
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Alan

Taylor’s mother-in-law?