THOMMO - AN APOLOGY

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:07 am
Blackie645 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:47 am The problem with him is that he bears grudges, against supporters that disagree with him.
Exactly, club will only ever move forward properly once he moves on. He wanted Taylor to stay.
True! If it wasn’t for the Americans stepping in and putting Taylor out of his misery, Thompson would no doubt have continued with Taylor, and have him in the dug out today.
Mike the Dagger

EssexDagger! wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:07 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:07 am
Blackie645 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:47 am The problem with him is that he bears grudges, against supporters that disagree with him.
Exactly, club will only ever move forward properly once he moves on. He wanted Taylor to stay.
True! If it wasn’t for the Americans stepping in and putting Taylor out of his misery, Thompson would no doubt have continued with Taylor, and have him in the dug out today.
You know this as a fact?
EssexDagger!

Not as a fact, but personal opinion, I’d be 99% sure
Mike the Dagger

EssexDagger! wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:12 pm Not as a fact, but personal opinion, I’d be 99% sure
:thumbu:
Diggerthedog

:blum:
Auntie Merge

“vendetta”
“jealousy”
“he cares about the club”

The things I see are that since he has been MD the club has shrunk and been on a downward spiral.

He may be a good administrator however he authorised the overspending that put the whole future of the club in peril so that we had to open discussions with Tamplin. Whilst we were reliant on money from the football league he took his eye off the ball and didn’t have to focus on off the pitch sources of income as he had in the past. The club should have been growing during this period instead it remained static if not shrunk.

He has banned and insulted many people on a whim. Those who have not been banned are on a long term boycott of the club. This costs the club money in lost revenue as well as fan base.

I am led to believe that whilst many local businesses still sponsor and support the club, there are a number of companies that do not wish to sponsor the club. This costs the club in lost revenue.

For those who keep defending him, it is only a matter of time until our American friends see the light and make a significant change at the top that will take this club forward and grow.
Alan

I’m not defending him. He and the board made horrendous errors with allowing the club to overspend without guarantees from Tamplin and then Hopkin.

Supporters boycotting the club are cutting their nose off to spite their faces.

We are where we are. The question the majority shareholders need to ask is can he take the club forwards and grow it?
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:29 pm “vendetta”
“jealousy”

The things I see are that since he has been MD the club has shrunk and been on a downward spiral.

He may be a good administrator however he authorised the overspending that put the whole future of the club in peril so that we had to open discussions with Tamplin. Whilst we were reliant on money from the football league he took his eye off the ball and didn’t have to focus on off the pitch sources of income as he had in the past. The club should have been growing during this period instead it remained static if not shrunk.

He has banned and insulted many people on a whim. Those who have not been banned are on a long term boycott of the club. This costs the club money in lost revenue as well as fan base.

I am led to believe that whilst many local businesses still sponsor and support the club, there are a number of companies that do not wish to sponsor the club. This costs the club in lost revenue.

For those who keep defending him, it is only a matter of time until our American friends see the light and make a significant change at the top that will take this club forward and grow.
I don’t think I anyone is really defending him.
There are just quite a few people that are sick if the likes of yourself and your vendetta.
If something good happens it’s down to anyone except Thompson, when something bad happens it’s all down to him.

It’s pathetic and childish. It’s also something that is helping. To drive people away from the club as well.
stanton101

Adrian wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:15 pm
“jealousy”

There are just quite a few people that are sick if the likes of yourself and your vendetta.
If something good happens it’s down to anyone except Thompson, when something bad happens it’s all down to him.

It’s pathetic and childish. It’s also something that is helping. To drive people away from the club as well.
I think his reluctance to sack an idiot whom he left in charge for far too long has successfully managed to drive away the fans. His old pals act of keeping him in employment as we plummet towards the national League south has alienated the fans even more.
And his constant drivel of telling us how lucky we were to have him nailed the lid firmly shut in a lot of people's eyes.
I've no doubt he's had the best intentions regarding the club's welfare in the past and his endeavours have shown what the club means to him. But in any walk of life if you're in charge you're there to be shot at, and you are open to a certain amount of criticism when things aren't going well. They've been going downhill for a long time at our club, gates have dropped alarmingly and league tables don't lie.
We're a mess and whilst the appointment of a new man might well bring an upturn in fortunes, it may also have come a couple of months too late.
Alan

Thus proving Adrian’s point.
Auntie Merge

“jealousy”

I don’t have a vendetta. My post stated facts; you cannot defend the indefensible.

The best thing to unite the club is for there to be a major change at the top.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

“jealousy”

Spot on.
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:50 pm
“jealousy”

I don’t have a vendetta. My post stated facts; you cannot defend the indefensible.

You posted your opinion and things you are “led to believe”.
Like you say, you can’t defend the indefensible and that includes your pathetic vendetta.
Auntie Merge

Adrian wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:03 pm

Like you say, you can’t defend the indefensible and that includes your pathetic vendetta.
This is not my pathetic vendetta and you will see that when the Americans make the long overdue changes.
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:07 pm
Adrian wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:03 pm

This is not my pathetic vendetta and you will see that when the Americans make the long overdue changes.
The same Americans that you’ve been questioning the intention of recently?
I’m not sure how them changing anything will prove you and others don’t have vendettas?

You and a lot of others need to do some serious growing up and get some perspective.