Thompson

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Some time between now and 8pm - you can tune into TIME FM
www.time1075.net

To hear an interview with the MD. Gonna be a riveting listen I'm sure....
DevonDagger

Key points for those who didn't get to listen (it will be possible to listen back to it tomorrow, apparently):

- The usual points of the decision to sack Taylor was a reluctant one and he (Taylor) understood the situation, expressed frustration at the amount of injuries etc etc. The decision was made by the board as a collective.

- Replacement manager will be on a long term. No 'until the end of the season appointments'

- Appointment will be a patient process, making sure to identify the right man but hopefully within time to give them an opportunity to use the January transfer window.

- Applications are still coming in, there were 4 more today. Shortlist of the most appealing ones being made.

- We aren't going out attempting to poach managers already currently at clubs. Those who apply or are already available will be the only ones considered. Was asked about whether approaches had been made to any individual yet, but wouldn't comment.

- Target for this season remains the playoffs, as they feel the league can change rapidly. With the players that are due back, there is a feeling that we are more than strong enough for at least a mid-table finish.

- In addition to the influence of a new manager, they will be able to get a couple more bodies in too, whether loan or permanent. It is difficult getting new signings in outside of January as the clubs in leagues above don't want to send the players out without replacements

The above are entirely my phrasing/interpretation of what Steve said and not word-for-word. I can't type quick enough for that :lol:
AVincelotFlyingLeap

DevonDagger wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:47 pm Key points for those who didn't get to listen (it will be possible to listen back to it tomorrow, apparently):

- The usual points of the decision to sack Taylor was a reluctant one and he (Taylor) understood the situation, expressed frustration at the amount of injuries etc etc. The decision was made by the board as a collective.

- Replacement manager will be on a long term. No 'until the end of the season appointments'

- Appointment will be a patient process, making sure to identify the right man but hopefully within time to give them an opportunity to use the January transfer window.

- Applications are still coming in, there were 4 more today. Shortlist of the most appealing ones being made.

- We aren't going out attempting to poach managers already currently at clubs. Those who apply or are already available will be the only ones considered. Was asked about whether approaches had been made to any individual yet, but wouldn't comment.

- Target for this season remains the playoffs, as they feel the league can change rapidly. With the players that are due back, there is a feeling that we are more than strong enough for at least a mid-table finish.

- In addition to the influence of a new manager, they will be able to get a couple more bodies in too, whether loan or permanent. It is difficult getting new signings in outside of January as the clubs in leagues above don't want to send the players out without replacements

The above are entirely my phrasing/interpretation of what Steve said and not word-for-word. I can't type quick enough for that :lol:

Thanks for this, interesting
Mark

Playoffs hahahahahahahahaha
EssexDagger!

Cheers for that, Devon
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mark wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:54 pm Playoffs hahahahahahahahaha
Plenty of teams Mark will be looking at that 7th spot . The gap is 11 points for us . That is a massive gap but the League is that weak .

Just think what an opportunity we have spunked over the last two games, the gap would now be only 7 if we had beaten a very poor side twice as we should have done.
Pity we did not because a very average / poor team like us being only 7 points off the play offs really would have shown how poor this League. Is this,season.

Good job we have been given a wake up call because we still have time to put it right , there is a number of teams who have not even thought they could be,in a relegation battle yet.and I honestly think that anybody from halfway could end up going down, the league is that dreadful the worst its been since we fell out the FL by a very long way
Dag82

"We aren't going out attempting to poach managers already currently at clubs. Those who apply or are already available will be the only ones considered."

BRILLIANT, so only managers good enough to be currently out of work, are under consideration.

Thommo.................. The gift that keeps giving. #RelegationNumber3
dagger4eva

Chesterfield have followed suit and booted John Sheridan.

To think we are gonna get anywhere near playoffs, when we start the new year 5th bottom, is completely laughable.
Adrian

Dag82 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:47 pm "We aren't going out attempting to poach managers already currently at clubs. Those who apply or are already available will be the only ones considered."

BRILLIANT, so only managers good enough to be currently out of work, are under consideration.

Thommo.................. The gift that keeps giving. #RelegationNumber3
I'm not sure that's what he means.
If they are at a club and apply, then they'll still be considered.
Dag82

Get that yeah, but that statement is almost certainly ruling out Garrard then.

:banghead:
ARNU

Why would garrard currently in a playoff place or near to it want to come here anyway ?? You can’t slate Thompson for being professional. Garrard will know there’s a vacancy won’t he ? If he applies he probably would want his head tested. If he gets b/ wood up he’ll get better offers than 5th bottom Dagenham.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Dag82 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:54 pm Get that yeah, but that statement is almost certainly ruling out Garrard then.

:banghead:
If he doesn’t apply, then he’s not interested anyway so why would we then want him?
dagger4eva

Dose of realism here but how many football managers ever have "applied" for a job at another club whilst currently being employed?

I reckon you could easily count the number on 1 hand.

I don't know why you would / should completely rule out making any approach for an employed manager if you really wanted them and/or limit yourself to one that is already out of work, but then very little our board have done the last few years has made much sense.
DevonDagger

dagger4eva wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:23 pm Dose of realism here but how many football managers ever have "applied" for a job at another club whilst currently being employed?

I reckon you could easily count the number on 1 hand.

I don't know why you would / should completely rule out making any approach for an employed manager if you really wanted them and/or limit yourself to one that is already out of work, but then very little our board have done the last few years has made much sense.
My mind is a little hazy as it was now 18 months ago, but I feel like I recall Thommo saying in an interview prior to appointing Taylor that he was surprised at how many applications received were from managers already with clubs.

I think I agree with your second point, it works exactly that way for players so why not managers?
Diggerthedog

Imagine approaching a young proven manager at this level, that would be far too proactive. Pathetic.

I really fear another Jurassic park resident, fcuking prove me wrong for once please.