Jody Brown Post Match

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger Steve

Was actually quite interesting to watch, with a bit of insight thrown in and not just the same old boring standard responses.

I'm sure there must have been some lip service paid about Taylor's departure - I'm sure he probably is upset but there is no way it could have come as a complete shock.

Was nice to see a bit of passion nevertheless for the rest of the interview.
Chalky69

Agree. His comments were refreshingly honest. Interesting that Daryl McMahon has resigned at Macclesfield. Possible candidate?
Mark

Quite a balanced interview. Seemed a bit more plausible than some of his previous attempts to convince us that we played well. The insight into the dressing room and the types of tactical changes was very welcome, and he came across more convincing that Taylor has recently.
Daggerfrom70s

Mark wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:49 pm Quite a balanced interview. Seemed a bit more plausible than some of his previous attempts to convince us that we played well. The insight into the dressing room and the types of tactical changes was very welcome, and he came across more convincing that Taylor has recently.
Would imagine there is some discussion amongst the coaching staff now rather than the what appeared to be the previous situation. Taylor had his formation and that was that. Didnt seem to change much,. his way or no way
dagger4eva

I must say, I had a rather swift change of opinion of Jody after listening to that interview.

I was absolutely dead set that him and Harris should leave after he gave what amounted to a quite diabolical and delusional interview after the Hartlepool game, where he simply tried to be convincing himself that we had played well and that to have 4 counter attacks was somehow a positive.

After yesterday's game, however he was clearly talking with a lot of emotion and really does seem to care. Was a complete contrast and quite refreshing. Also as mentioned, it was certainly a lot more insightful than the repetitive crap Taylor would drone on about.

That said, we are in a severe pickle right now and I'm honestly not sure he and Terry are the men who are going to see us survive in this league.
5th bottom - 2 points clear but with 2 of the bottom 4 having 2 in hand is a particularly precarious position (try saying that quickly after a skinful) to be in.

Ive got everything crossed we get Mcmahon, Garrard or someone else in PDQ to hopefully save the day!
Dag82

P D Q indeed.

1 new manager & 2 new forwards please.
Dagdale

From day one always believed Jody comes over as a guy who cares for this club and us the fans, in a real world would love it if he transforms us and we get out of this mess, but with so many hard games coming up against tough opposition he and Terry will surely be tested to its limits.
dagger4eva

Seems to have said his goodbyes earlier on Twitter.

Probably correct that the new gaffer has his own people in and around him however Jody has been a huge breath of fresh air the last few days and definitely managed to restore a little bit of pride back into our team.

Interesting he said in his interview last night that he wasn't allowed to have as much input as he would've liked so far this season, which based on yesterday seems a real crying shame.
Maybe Taylor wouldve still been in a job had he not much been such an arrogant toss pot and taken the views of his "ASSISTANTS" on board.

Certainly wish Jody all the very best for whatever job he takes up next - have a feeling it won't be the last we've seen or heard of him in football.
daggersjeff

The way that I see this is that both Jody & Terry will be gone by tomorrow.

I like the way this is working out........now for the rest of the dinosaurs and deadwood please!
Dag82

Sad to hear that he has gone, I feel that he is a victim of Peter Taylor, in a way, as he clearly wasn't allowed much of his own input.

Also a victim of the fact that the decision to fire Taylor, has been taken at least one month too late, which has led to DM having no real time to assess his coaching staff, as our situation is that desperate, league status wise.

Expect to see Steve Gritt, who left Macc, with him last week, thru the door, next week now.
ARNU

I can’t understand why we’re all getting Doey eyed about a coaching team that have been very poor including yesterday. Good riddance. Bring on the new manager his team and his players and then maybe at last we can make a proper effort at getting out of this league at the right end.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggerfrom70s

ARNU wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:27 pm I can’t understand why we’re all getting Doey eyed about a coaching team that have been very poor including yesterday. Good riddance. Bring on the new manager his team and his players and then maybe at last we can make a proper effort at getting out of this league at the right end.
Coaching team not allowed to coach under Taylor? Half the players, brought in by Taylor, not good enough? Let’s see how the new manager copes with that situation. Do you think he will turn them into world beaters? I could hear the orders from the bench yesterday to players not doing what they were supposed to do. Get real and stop blaming the so-called dinosaurs. Injuries and poor support players as well as a poor manager have got Dagenham in this mess. If you were to add Balanta and Deering to the team I think you would see a very different outcome. Add a goal scorer and you are looking somewhere around playoff position.
ARNU

Dunno why you’re digging me out. We’re 19th in a league we were supposed to be winning. Harris is a dinosaur, Taylor was a dinosaur the 70’s were41 years ago. I was watching football back then too. Games changed so has the philosophy.
Dagger Steve

ARNU wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:14 pm Dunno why you’re digging me out. We’re 19th in a league we were supposed to be winning. Harris is a dinosaur, Taylor was a dinosaur the 70’s were41 years ago. I was watching football back then too. Games changed so has the philosophy.
Which is why people are upset to see Jody go. He is a respected promising young coach.

You are a wally sometimes.
ARNU

Just an opinion, don’t have to get personal. Ok the new manager got someone better in mind. I ain’t sacked anyone but I’m not crying over what was a disaster of a season again. Responsibility lies with Taylor and his team and if his team were too weak to make themselves heard why would you keep them ? Being a nice bloke ain’t a reason!