Jody Brown Post Match

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Harris and Brown were running the team whilst Taylor was out sick and after he got sacked. They didn’t manage to do anything. (Sits back and waits to hear how Taylor was controlling their thoughts using Jedi mind tricks/voodoo). The players Brown recommended have been crap too.
Last edited by Alan on Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

Exactly
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:34 pm Just an opinion, don’t have to get personal. Ok the new manager got someone better in mind. I ain’t sacked anyone but I’m not crying over what was a disaster of a season again. Responsibility lies with Taylor and his team and if his team were too weak to make themselves heard why would you keep them ? Being a nice bloke ain’t a reason!
You have no idea how workplace bullying thrives- people want to keep their jobs.
Alan

Are you saying that Peter Taylor bullied them Merge?
Dagger Steve

Alan wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:47 pm Harris and Brown were running the team whilst Taylor was out sick and after he got sacked. They didn’t manage to do anything. (Sits back and waits to hear how Taylor was controlling their thoughts using Jedi mind tricks/voodoo). The players Brown recommended have been crap too.
I was going to respond, but of course there's no point arguing about it, as its happened and that's that.

I'm sorry to see him go.
I'm also happy McMahon will have a management team he knows and trusts, to hopefully allow him do his job to the best of his abilities.
Dagger Steve

ARNU wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:34 pm Just an opinion, don’t have to get personal.
I'm sorry I called you a wally x
ARNU

Been called worse, at the end of the day it’s just opinions innit ?
ARNU

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:19 pm
ARNU wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:34 pm Just an opinion, don’t have to get personal. Ok the new manager got someone better in mind. I ain’t sacked anyone but I’m not crying over what was a disaster of a season again. Responsibility lies with Taylor and his team and if his team were too weak to make themselves heard why would you keep them ? Being a nice bloke ain’t a reason!

You have no idea how workplace bullying thrives- people want to keep their jobs.
I know exactly how bullying in the workplace works. I just don’t buy it. Jody Brown I doubt would allow a 70 year old man bully him. It’s not like Taylor has a lot of clout in football either.
Weak people allow bullying, you saying Brown is weak ?
Auntie Merge

Everyone - weak or strong - can get bullied in the workplace.

As I understand it Taylor picked the teams and decided the game plan for the games he was ‘off sick’ for.

I also understand that Terry Harris was not allowed to shout out to the players during the games; who knows for sure what other instructions Taylor gave to Harris. Harris wasn’t allowed to talk to Taylor during the games either - he was isolated and silenced . I do know that yesterday was the first time in ages that Terry Harris smiled, had his little notebook and pen and was shouting encouraging remarks to players.
NBDag

This forum never fails to crack me up
ARNU

Are Harris and brown saying they were bullied , I very much doubt it. They should take their share of the responsibility for what has been a disappointing season. That might mean they have to go.( I think they both should go, they failed)
The new guy will want his own team behind the scenes and no doubt if he fails we’ll be on his case too.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:24 pm Are Harris and brown saying they were bullied , I very much doubt it. They should take their share of the responsibility for what has been a disappointing season. That might mean they have to go.( I think they both should go, they failed)
The new guy will want his own team behind the scenes and no doubt if he fails we’ll be on his case too.
Hush with your sensible comments, this is not the place for that sort of thing.
DevonDagger

The assistant manager/coaches are not a replica of the manager. I believe there would have been a different situation if Brown was in charge for an extended period, personally - it might've been even been worse, who knows.

John Still is the most successful manager this club has had, when he went to Luton, his assistant Wayne Burnett took his place and was eventually sacked. During that time things changed, attitudes changed. He wasn't just simply John Still v2.0. Suggesting Jody Brown taking over Peter Taylor's role would produce the same results for me just isn't likely to be accurate.

However that said, it is to Jody's detriment that many of the players who people seem to be quite concerned with right now, are players he has worked with before at other clubs. Namely Luque and Reece Grant.

Also, I couldn't really see how Daryl McMahon, a young enthusiastic manager would have another very similar ilk assistant in Jody Brown. Gritt is much more experienced, knows his methods etc etc. Unfortunately for Jody, it makes more sense than keeping him on.

Overall though, it is a shame the way it's worked out in terms of timing, I think he'll go on to be a success.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Its all a load of bollocks anyhow Arnu.
Taylor got sacked because he did not win football matches.
He did not win football matches because we failed to score goals.
We failed to score goals because he recruited a strike force who would have prevented the Great War if they had shot at Arch Duke Ferdinand.
If we had won games as we should have hardly anyvbody would have complained about style,christ sake if that was the case John Still would have been sacked and never have become the Dagger Legend he became.
Nothing changed yesterday by the way we did not win again because we could not score.
Dont matter how much we spend in the dug out if we dont spend it on two new forwards pdq we are going down
SUSSEX DAGGER

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:05 pm Its all a load of bollocks anyhow Arnu.
Taylor got sacked because he did not win football matches.
He did not win football matches because we failed to score goals.
We failed to score goals because he recruited a strike force who would have prevented the Great War if they had shot at Arch Duke Ferdinand.
If we had won games as we should have hardly anyvbody would have complained about style,christ sake if that was the case John Still would have been sacked and never have become the Dagger Legend he became.
Nothing changed yesterday by the way we did not win again because we could not score.
Dont matter how much we spend in the dug out if we dont spend it on two new forwards pdq we are going down
You know as well as I do you cant polish a turd , heaven knows we have tried since August. Even the owners have gone on record calling them second rate