Ebbsfleet Away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

With all the chat about the manager leaving and who will be the replacements it’s important to not forgot how massive this game really is, a defeat could put us deeper into trouble. Ur a win could could see us go way ahead Ebbsfleet and Chorley.

Hopefully a positive set up against a very poor team will see us home, I’d go to a simple 4-4-2 for this one and start with players in their preferred positions.

Not sure if I can go to this yet if I do I’ll drive as no trains around here, has anyone parked in the station car park and how do you pay?

Let’s hope for a fantastic decade!
speedy

There is plenty of street parking near the ground, won’t cost a penny.
Dag82

Driven there quite a few times before.

Street parking there is a bit like our place, depends how early you get there.

The car park at Ebbsfleet International is one of those barrier jobs, that gives you a ticket, and you pay at the machine on the way out.
leewilson

I'd be tempted to go with this tomorrow:

-----------------Justham
Elepheriou---Manny---Clark---Croll
------------Wright----Robinson-------
McQueen------------------------Luque
------------Kandi------House

Never thought I'd be advocating Will Wright to go in CM but it's better than having McQueen flounder with less time on the ball and less positional sense. Let the reins off the attacking 4 and there are goals there.
Dag82

Really hope we get a decent following over there tomorrow.

Everyone is happy about seeing the last of Taylor, but back to reality, this is a real six pointer, we need this win badly.

Let's all get behind the team.
Mark

I've no idea who I'd put in the side really. I guess they'll go with the players who they think are most likely to give them a reaction to the change of manager, as almost all of them have made a case for being dropped. That probably includes the same back 4 as the last game, maybe a recall for Luque. I'd probably start 442 at least.
DaggerJoel11

Crucial game. Hoping we'll play like a team with the shackles off, no longer stifled by PT's depressing, negative football. However some of the players shouldn't get a free pass for poor performances throughout the past few months; Taylor can only take so much of the blame and some of them need to step up now.

Justham
Eleftheriou - Manny - Croll - Stevenson
McQueen - Wright - Robinson - Luque
Quigley - House

That's my personal preferred XI but I can't see Clark not starting in all honesty. We also can't expect a miraculous transformation just because Taylor's gone, but either way let's hope we have a good contingent down there and we get a good result.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

Parking is easy , will be driving also.
Real 6 pointer this, maybe Harris can show his worth instead of moaning at the supporters.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggerfrom70s

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:19 pm Crucial game. Hoping we'll play like a team with the shackles off, no longer stifled by PT's depressing, negative football. However some of the players shouldn't get a free pass for poor performances throughout the past few months; Taylor can only take so much of the blame and some of them need to step up now.

Justham
Eleftheriou - Manny - Croll - Stevenson
McQueen - Wright - Robinson - Luque
Quigley - House

That's my personal preferred XI but I can't see Clark not starting in all honesty. We also can't expect a miraculous transformation just because Taylor's gone, but either way let's hope we have a good contingent down there and we get a good result.
Would have Clark over Wright every day of the week. The guy has trouble passing to a white shirt.
CharlieC

I think we have the players to play 3 at the back, and I hear Deering is back tomorrow, so I’d go:

Justham
Wright Manny Croll
Eletheriou McQueen Robinson Deering Stephenson
Kandi House

Go back to the system we had when we were successful last season, with two runners in a midfield three. Ideally Gordon would be the left wing back in this system.
Lcbdagger

Cracking start again :blink:
EssexDagger!

Players moral is probably still rock bottom and they are are still hearing the same old voices in that dressing room (Harris & Brown) even tho Taylor has gone...

Don’t think we will see a spring in our step until we have the new management installed.
Alan

These players need to stop looking for (or being handed) excuses.
Mark

Some of them showed in the first half how much they really want to be professional footballers.
EssexDagger!

Alan wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:34 pm These players need to stop looking for (or being handed) excuses.
Maybe they are just not good enough then, in that case look at who identified them and brought them to the club with an eye on winning promotion.
How many were pulling trees up at other clubs out of today’s 16 man squad.