Out with the Old, In with the New

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

From the 'safe options' such as Garry Hill and Jody Brown, to the popular choices such as Luke Garrard and Daryl McMahon and the outside bets such as Kevin Nolan and Ian Culverhouse, I've taken a look at some of the early candidates for the Dagenham job as well as exploring the reasons why Peter Taylor's position became untenable.

https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... th-the-new
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dag82

Good write up, well done Mate.
EssexDagger!

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:24 pm From the 'safe options' such as Garry Hill and Jody Brown, to the popular choices such as Luke Garrard and Daryl McMahon and the outside bets such as Kevin Nolan and Ian Culverhouse, I've taken a look at some of the early candidates for the Dagenham job as well as exploring the reasons why Peter Taylor's position became untenable.

https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... th-the-new
Well done Joel, nice little write up.
Never considered Nolan before now, but would very much welcome that appointment!
davei

Nice write up Joel. The main consideration that has to be taken in to account is a manager currently employed and doing reasonably well, wont move here. A manager currently employed and who would move here would be no better than Taylor and most likely in the same precarious position.

A manager currently out of work is out of work for a reason. So, the reality is, as dire as it may be, is we have to wait until the end of this season until current contracts expire and we can negotiate with a more selective group from which to chose.

If that means going down another league for a year, so be it. I remember the Corinthian and Isthmian days.........this is nothing compared to that....
Coydagger

davei wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:01 pm Nice write up Joel. The main consideration that has to be taken in to account is a manager currently employed and doing reasonably well, wont move here. A manager currently employed and who would move here would be no better than Taylor and most likely in the same precarious position.

A manager currently out of work is out of work for a reason. So, the reality is, as dire as it may be, is we have to wait until the end of this season until current contracts expire and we can negotiate with a more selective group from which to chose.

If that means going down another league for a year, so be it. I remember the Corinthian and Isthmian days.........this is nothing compared to that....
Just no.
NBDag

davei wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:01 pm Nice write up Joel. The main consideration that has to be taken in to account is a manager currently employed and doing reasonably well, wont move here. A manager currently employed and who would move here would be no better than Taylor and most likely in the same precarious position.

Lay off the booze in the new year
davei

So, you are saying we should be re-active, not pro-active.

Clearly, you obviously have full confidence in the current local in house management team of the club, while many on here have a total disregard for the current MD and question his abilities to even take a crap. Think about WHO is going to chose the next manager, the same guy(s) who hired the last 3 or 4, and look where those decisions got us.

And for what it is worth, if the current owners are as sharp as they should be, they would have known this was coming 2 months ago, and if so, they could have easily put someone in place on Monday from the names bandied around in other threads...…... I hope they are not that silly. Let the current management team finish off the season for better or worse (they will have reason to succeed, yes...?) then pick up the pieces.

I'd rather they get it right (for a change) than do what has happened here for the past 7 years or so. And as you question that thought process, look at our current position...…. By the way, I don't drink.....