Taylor gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Dagger Steve wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:15 pm Knee jerk reaction - the draw against ebbsfleet was an obvious turning point.

Let's hope Burnett is available.
Burnett, seriously?
Keane - Blog writer

TAYLOR’S TIME AT THE DAGGERS

Well, Taylor’s out so I thought I’d have one last look back on his 18 months and 24 days in charge. I show my appreciation and that of fellow supporters for him taking on the challenge as we were on the brink. I also Identify just why it was time for him to go.

It covers the good, the bad and the ugly. (Though more of the latter!)

READ BELOW ⬇️

http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/201 ... s.html?m=1
Dagger Steve

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:23 pm
Dagger Steve wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:15 pm Knee jerk reaction - the draw against ebbsfleet was an obvious turning point.

Let's hope Burnett is available.
Burnett, seriously?
No, quite clearly not.
RampantDuke

Let me just say this to all those who are anti Garry Hill (and I do get why);

1996 Cusack/Carr take us down the toilet and get us relegated from the Conference. Club bring in Ted Hardy, ex manager and old dinosaur. Fans angry.
1997 Dagenham and Redbridge cap a fine season of entertaining football with a young dynamic team at Wembley in the FA Trophy Final. Fans happy.

2004 John Still takes over (yes admittedly from GH). Seen by most as a backward step / old fossil / out of touch etc. Fans angry.
2007 Dagenham storm the Conference with a young, vibrant squad.
2010 Dagenham win the Play Off final at Wembley to reach League 1. Fans very happy.

#justsaying

Don't be too hard on Hill if he returns. I was so pissed off when Hardy / Still came back to the club yet look at what they did.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:09 pm Though I feel it is the time I for one say thank you to Peter Taylor for stepping in at a time when we really needed it.
I liked his honesty in interviews and forums and I know he had a genuine affection for the Club
That said it is the correct decision
^^^This^^^
DI Mike Dashwood

Well said Lupins.

Things didn't work out, and a change clearly had to be made. Personally think some of the things that have been said about him are a little bit in poor taste but there you go. Took it on at an awful time for the Club and stabalised things, but this season has obviously been dire. Harsh of people to say he doesn't care just as he was not Garry Hill or John Still, people show these things in different ways.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.