Who would you replace Taylor with?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Who would you appoint as the next manager?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Garry Hill
19%
Luke Garrard
41%
Paul Tisdale
11%
Martin Allen
3%
Ian Culverhouse
5%
Daryl McMahon
8%
Jody Brown
No votes
Darren Currie
No votes
Kevin Nolan
5%
other (post name below)
8%

Total votes: 37
daggersjeff

Be interesting to see Tim Howard take the reins while we are sorting the next manager :grin:
A S dagger97

Dagdale wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:54 am Paul Tisdale, he's had a twelve year experience of running Exeter City pretty sure if he'd come down this level he'd give some of that to us, okay went a bit off rail at MK Dons but with the Owners perhaps pushing his 'get the squad in' package may be a decent capture and can save our season.
This
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Diggerthedog

Dag82 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:23 pm Garrard is the stand out choice, by a mile.

He doesn't have to keep Thommo happy.

He has to keep Freund happy, because they are now FINALLY about to appoint there OWN man. :drunk:
Are they? How do you know this? Thompson was the one swanning around after the Aldershot game telling everyone I told you I was right about Taylor.

If it’s Garry Hill we all know whose still running the place.
DI Mike Dashwood

Paul Tisdale!?!?!? You lot are on another planet. About as much chance as Sir Alex taking on the job.

Meanwhile back in the real world.........................I would like Strevens. I think some kind of understanding or link to the area or the club is a good thing at our level, and he would have that, and has done solid job at Eastleigh. Also young enough he would still be learning and developing and likely to bring a fresh approach to things which is probably what is needed.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:31 am
Dag82 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:23 pm Garrard is the stand out choice, by a mile.

He doesn't have to keep Thommo happy.

He has to keep Freund happy, because they are now FINALLY about to appoint there OWN man. :drunk:
Are they? How do you know this? Thompson was the one swanning around after the Aldershot game telling everyone I told you I was right about Taylor.

If it’s Garry Hill we all know whose still running the place.
I personally think our American owners will listen to Tim Howard more than Thomo. Tim has been involved in the English game for a number of years and his advice is crucial in all this.
Coydagger

Luke Garrard for me. Right man for us, right stage of his career, right level.
SUSSEX DAGGER

All this talk about Gerrard , it will take a massive deal to land him.

Some of our fans think DandR are bigger then they really are, why would anybody leave a job for one with big problems unless the rewards were that great.

We cant afford him . For all his faults Taylor was paid nowhere near the previous incumbent but money was invested on the pitch.

Would rather stick to that policy rather tgen spunking all the money in the dug out
Coydagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:44 pm All this talk about Gerrard , it will take a massive deal to land him.

Some of our fans think DandR are bigger then they really are, why would anybody leave a job for one with big problems unless the rewards were that great.

We cant afford him . For all his faults Taylor was paid nowhere near the previous incumbent but money was invested on the pitch.

Would rather stick to that policy rather tgen spunking all the money in the dug out
Regardless of league position we are a much bigger club than Boreham Wood. We’ve been in the football league and have the investment to get back there. Not saying he isn’t backed at Wood because he is by Danny Hunter but he would know coming here represents a big opportunity in the long term.

Of course it will cost us, he has a year and half of his contract remaining at Wood. Then it will come to how ambitious we are. A good manager is worth his weight in gold as we’ve seen this year with Taylor, where sadly he wasn’t. I don’t want us going for Garry Hill or any has been because they’re without a club. They’re without a club for a reason!!! Again, see exhibit A, Peter Taylor
Dag82

Agreed, we are a bigger club than BW, in respects of history and current hardcore support, as you said, we have recently spent nearly a decade in the EFL, they get about 400 at home, despite how good there going on the pitch, in the same position now, we would be close on 4 times that crowd.

I believe also that we have more financial clout, than they do in reality, remember we pushed them far enough to sell Balanta, there chairman put up a statement at the time, saying that we made them an offer that they couldn't refuse, so we can get this done.

Our ground also pisses over theres.

I Look at Garrard, and see the new/young Garry Hill, just reminds me of the bloke we brought in, way back in 99, who immediately energized the place, and got us charging up the leagues.

We should be brave, and offer him a 3 year contract on same / better deal than he currently has there, basically go all in on backing him to
deliver us that promotion back to the EFL, that all want.

This is a definite step up for him, and I am certain we could get it done.
DevonDagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:13 am Paul Tisdale!?!?!? You lot are on another planet. About as much chance as Sir Alex taking on the job.

Meanwhile back in the real world.........................I would like Strevens. I think some kind of understanding or link to the area or the club is a good thing at our level, and he would have that, and has done solid job at Eastleigh. Also young enough he would still be learning and developing and likely to bring a fresh approach to things which is probably what is needed.
Perhaps fair comment Mike in terms of being aiming too high but I think perhaps you are over exaggerating too.

Tisdale started off at Bath getting them promoted several times in the lower echelons, took over at National League side Exeter (at the time), spent most of his time with them in League 2 and some in League 1 but more recently was sacked within 4 months of being in that tier with Milton Keynes.

In the last 10 or so seasons, our club's history is remarkably similar to Tisdale's, just they haven't happened at the same time and I accept he's been at his highest whilst we've been nearer our lowest so I agree a L2 position would tempt him more than we could.

But if somehow Tisdale would consider it and his wage demands (money talks after all) worked out similar to Garrard's added onto whatever money is required to release him from Boreham Wood (remember they demanded a massive lump for Balanta) I would certainly think hard about it.
Daggerfrom70s

Think Boreham Wood is a bit of a shoestring club so don’t imagine Gerrard is on great money. A manager who has experience in this league has got to be advantageous so would rule out Tisdale. That was part of Taylor’s problem in that he doesn’t know about this level and seems he thought his way was best. He was wrong !!!
A S dagger97

What about.... Jamie Cureton?
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Mike the Dagger

Have heard Dave Bennett is insisting on an all Palace shortlist.
Mark

Garrard is definitely not on a small wage. We'd have to pay through the nose to get him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Can I remind everybody that there is a Football League Club a few miles from The Daggers as the Crow flys looking for a Manager and have been.for sometime.

You would have thought some of the names being put about would have interested them if they were any good. Clearly the likes of Gerrard and Tisdale have failed to impress the Os like they have some of our fans , surely they would have made a move if they are what a lot of people think.

Although it grates me to say it they look.a better bet for the near future then what we do at the moment

Which reminds me anybody worried that we might end up with their last 42 day wonder