Who would you replace Taylor with?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Who would you appoint as the next manager?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Garry Hill
19%
Luke Garrard
41%
Paul Tisdale
11%
Martin Allen
3%
Ian Culverhouse
5%
Daryl McMahon
8%
Jody Brown
No votes
Darren Currie
No votes
Kevin Nolan
5%
other (post name below)
8%

Total votes: 37
Mark

Don't go saying things like that, you never know if Thompson is reading! Please not Fletcher.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Fair point Mark that would be worrying.

There is another reason why I think Gerrard is pie in the sky, Terry Harris.

Did they not part Company at the Wood on not very good terms. Money says that any new Manager wont be able to bring in his own.Staff thats for sure.

Which also reminds me when Taylor was unveiled here was it not as a Managerial Partnership with Terry Harris?, seem.to recall it was.
Keane - Blog writer

I’m taking a look at a shortlist of five candidates one-by-one and the first two have been revealed:

READ BELOW ⬇️

- Luke Garrard

http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/201 ... d.html?m=1

- Daryl McMahon

http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/201 ... n.html?m=1
EssexDagger!

What’s the chances of a Jody brown and Terry Harris partnership if we was to put an Aldershot performance in vs Ebbsfleet tomorrow and Torquay on Saturday.

Please no, the thought is sending shivers down my spine and would be typical Dagenham.
Dagdale

I suppose fresh as it is its all speculation at the moment but do believe Brown and Harris will be given a chance by a few games to see if they can turn it. By the Barnet game though we may find more hopefully positive news through the guys coming over, be interesting factors here do we amazingly grab a high priced coach who raises the game well at this level and in demand or do we spend it on the team? If we get both were on to a lovely future with our club, just a thought.
BarkingRambo

I've got a real outside bet but I was having a look at the league and Brackley Town are currently 3rd, scored 43, conceded 13. The last couple of years they have finished 3rd with a goal difference in the 30's. Won the FA Trophy the other year. Their manager Kevin Wilkin did have the Wrexham job for a year getting them an FA cup and TA trophy run but little else (went out to Stoke in 3rd round, lost to North Ferriby in trophy final), potentially a manager that has learnt from previous mistakes, getting to Wembley twice with different teams is pretty good going. I imagine Brackley to be like most conference level teams with chunks of players leaving every year so to keep finishing 3rd can't be totally down to luck.

Otherwise I could be tempted to give Culverhouse a go at the big job. To take a newly promoted team to the top, unbeaten at home, only lost twice all season and have a striker with 21 goals already this season suggests he knows how to get the best out of players.
Keane - Blog writer

The second and third candidates I am looking at are not front-runners for fans by any means with the latter an unpopular choice.

READ BELOW ⬇️

- JODY BROWN

http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/201 ... n.html?m=1

- GARRY HILL

http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/201 ... l.html?m=1
Daggerfrom70s

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:27 am Fair point Mark that would be worrying.

There is another reason why I think Gerrard is pie in the sky, Terry Harris.

Did they not part Company at the Wood on not very good terms. Money says that any new Manager wont be able to bring in his own.Staff thats for sure.

Which also reminds me when Taylor was unveiled here was it not as a Managerial Partnership with Terry Harris?, seem.to recall it was.
Dont believe Harris had an issue with Gerrard or vice versa. The partnership seems to have worked very well as Boreham Wood have not achieved that level of success since.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

BarkingRambo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:08 pm I've got a real outside bet but I was having a look at the league and Brackley Town are currently 3rd, scored 43, conceded 13. The last couple of years they have finished 3rd with a goal difference in the 30's. Won the FA Trophy the other year. Their manager Kevin Wilkin did have the Wrexham job for a year getting them an FA cup and TA trophy run but little else (went out to Stoke in 3rd round, lost to North Ferriby in trophy final), potentially a manager that has learnt from previous mistakes, getting to Wembley twice with different teams is pretty good going. I imagine Brackley to be like most conference level teams with chunks of players leaving every year so to keep finishing 3rd can't be totally down to luck.

Otherwise I could be tempted to give Culverhouse a go at the big job. To take a newly promoted team to the top, unbeaten at home, only lost twice all season and have a striker with 21 goals already this season suggests he knows how to get the best out of players.
I like the sound of these two.
EssexDagger!

Even Grimsby town have somehow managed to get in Ian Holloway as new manager today, im not saying we are on grimsby’s level but if they can persuade Ian Holloway then i don’t think we would have any trouble persuading Tisdale if the money was right,

I would rather spend the money on a high calibre manager than a member of the playing staff.
Diamond Dagger

I have heard that it is going to be Tim Howard, gets my vote and could be what the club needs IMO.
Dag82

That is never happening in a million years.
Coydagger

Diamond Dagger wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:14 pm I have heard that it is going to be Tim Howard, gets my vote and could be what the club needs IMO.
1. no chance
2. Not the right person anyway
hockley dagger

An owner/manager? Hasn't another local club gone down that road?
Alan

EssexDagger! wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:09 pm Even Grimsby town have somehow managed to get in Ian Holloway as new manager today, im not saying we are on grimsby’s level but if they can persuade Ian Holloway then i don’t think we would have any trouble persuading Tisdale if the money was right,

I would rather spend the money on a high calibre manager than a member of the playing staff.
They appear to have given Holloway shares and a seat on the board as well.