Who would you replace Taylor with?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Who would you appoint as the next manager?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Garry Hill
19%
Luke Garrard
41%
Paul Tisdale
11%
Martin Allen
3%
Ian Culverhouse
5%
Daryl McMahon
8%
Jody Brown
No votes
Darren Currie
No votes
Kevin Nolan
5%
other (post name below)
8%

Total votes: 37
Ally Fraser

Hopefully he’s shown the door soon, who would you bring in?

I’d bring in Wayne Brown from Maldon & Tiptree. Top of their league, with games in hand, undefeated. And took them to the 2nd round. At this rate they’ll only be one league below us next season.

This obviously won’t happen, as it’ll be Still or Hill.
RayleighDagger1986

As I said in another thread, we should not go backwards by appointing Hill or Still. If that happens, I would not renew my season ticket. Full stop!!
RampantDuke

On the showing today I would appoint myself as manager. No experience, little clue on tactics and my greatest achievement was taking Mansfield Town to the FA Cup Final on Fifa 12. It would be a massive improvement on the shit show we have in charge right now.

Seriously though. Give Garry Hill the job until the end of the season. It’s a free hit. If he keeps us up we can attract a new manager if we don’t rate him for the long term.Right now we won’t get a shiny progressive manager. Too toxic.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
HGDagger

Has to be Luke Garrard for me
Dag82

Perfect World: GARRARD

Realistic World: HILL
Daggernewbie

Manuel Pellegrini just been sacked by West Ham we`ve got an ex-England at the moment so why not try a premiership one. :grin:
Dagdale

Paul Tisdale, he's had a twelve year experience of running Exeter City pretty sure if he'd come down this level he'd give some of that to us, okay went a bit off rail at MK Dons but with the Owners perhaps pushing his 'get the squad in' package may be a decent capture and can save our season.
ThatRoundThing

Garrard ,Brennan, Brown ,Tisdale ,Stimson Strevens & Cureton joint managers/coach.. but please please NOT Hill or Still.
Rayleighdagger1986... I’m with you on not renewing season ticket if we get previous fossil managers returning.
Coydagger

ThatRoundThing wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 am Garrard ,Brennan, Brown ,Tisdale ,Stimson Strevens & Cureton joint managers/coach.. but please please NOT Hill or Still.
Rayleighdagger1986... I’m with you on not renewing season ticket if we get previous fossil managers returning.
Obvious choices are Luke Garrard and Daryl Mchmahon. At Boreham Wood and Macclesfield respectively. McMahon has been overlooked but hating his time at Macclesfield with their money troubles but is a young progressive manager who took Ebsfleet to the playoffs with some money behind him. He’s worked at the Daggers before and he would love to come back for the big job.

Notable mentions are Dean Brennan and Mark Moseley at Wealdstone and Weymouth respectively. Forget about Brennan’s time under Tamplin at Billericay, he is working wonders taking Wealdstone clear At the top of the south. Good man manager who has time for everyone. Would be a good fit at our club. Moseley is another young manager Doing well for himself at Weymouth.
Diggerthedog

Garrard is the best option if looking at this level. Is Steve McLaren currently employed, we love a shit ex England manager. Seriously the next appointment is huge, get it wrong and fans will leave in droves.

Problem is we still have a manager, even we can’t be that stupid to keep this dinosaur in a job after the last year of results? The club must expect a full on toxic atmosphere at the next home game if he is still employed and will only have themselves to blame if we lose a game because of it. Even if we beat a dire Ebbsfleet he still needs to go. Be interesting to see what happens if things have not improved when the owners are over for Barnet with Taylor still in charge.
Richie

Tisdale for me.
Dag82

Great.

Do you want to put up a video of Borehamwood losing the Play off final, to show us that Luke Garrard is obviously a sh*t manager, as well.

Who is your choice, by the way ??.
Alan

Hill’s first few seasons were good, he inherited a good squad and supplemented it, but when he rebuilt the squad it was a disaster. He left us 15 years ago. We were in disarray, he buggered off to Hornchurch and took the few decent players left in the squad.

Hill got sacked by Ebsfleet after picking up 10 points from 16 games this season - 0.6 per game. Watson has 14 points from 11 since taking over. 1.3 per game.
Daggerman

I heard down the pub in Abridge at lunchtime that a certain Mr Tamplin could be interested