My theories on Taylor

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Shroud_of_hope

1. He thinks he is still better than our lowly little club and thinks he can manage his way out of this mess.

2. He will not leave willingly and wants a payoff or at least the remainder of his contract paid.

3. He just wants to coast along picking up his wages and who cares where we finish.

4. He managed England and no way will he be told what to do at little Dagenham, he will never walk away.

We are basically at the mercy of the people at the top of the club who are not paying the £21 to watch this rubbish. I think he will eventually be sacked but will be the Burnett situation and we will be nearly down.
hockley dagger

You can't blame him on point 2.
Shroud_of_hope

hockley dagger wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:56 am You can't blame him on point 2.
Absolutely, we were stupid enough to offer it to him. The Americans are good businessmen, that is the reason he is still here I think, money!
dagger4eva

I agree he definitely thinks he is better than 'us'.

Whilst he clearly has zero intention of walking, he is probably also banking on our MD not having it in him to send him packing.

I mean, it would be a bit of a smack in the face for an ex England Manager to get the sack by a glorified Bar Manager.
Dag82

What length of contract does he have ?, this is year 2 for him now...
RayleighDagger1986

Shroud_of_hope wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:40 am 1. He thinks he is still better than our lowly little club and thinks he can manage his way out of this mess.

2. He will not leave willingly and wants a payoff or at least the remainder of his contract paid.

3. He just wants to coast along picking up his wages and who cares where we finish.

4. He managed England and no way will he be told what to do at little Dagenham, he will never walk away.

We are basically at the mercy of the people at the top of the club who are not paying the £21 to watch this rubbish. I think he will eventually be sacked but will be the Burnett situation and we will be nearly down.
At point 2. His contract expires in 6 months. Is it really that expensive to pay him off. I mean what is he on? Can't be that much cos when he took the job on, we were skint. I can't imagine its anymore than £30-£40k.
Daggernewbie

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:55 pm
Shroud_of_hope wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:40 am 1. He thinks he is still better than our lowly little club and thinks he can manage his way out of this mess.

At point 2. His contract expires in 6 months. Is it really that expensive to pay him off. I mean what is he on? Can't be that much cos when he took the job on, we were skint. I can't imagine its anymore than £30-£40k.
If I remember correctly his contract runs until 2021.
stanton101

A dictator with little man syndrome. It's his way or no way. Only thing with people like that is they invariably go from bad to worse, unable to accept the fact that their outdated methods simply don't work anymore.
I'm convinced if we keep him, we'll be relegated. The owners have to act and act fast, give the new man a chance to turn things around. This season is already over a finish of mid table would be ok given the circumstances. But with a new man in charge at least he'll know what's required next season.
RampantDuke

Daggernewbie wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:35 pm
RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:55 pm

If I remember correctly his contract runs until 2021.
At the Members AGM in May this year, Steve Thompson repeated over and over again that Peter Taylor was bought in on a 2 year contract when he joined in 2018. That would mean he is out of contract in the summer and can be 'sacked' for nothing. My big concerns here are;

1. Do I believe anything that Steve Thompson says?
2. Have they stupidly extended his contract in the summer behind closed doors (this would explain the 'Rabbit caught in the headlights' strategy that they are adopting right now, especially if it was Thompson who got the owners to agree to a longer deal).

Something is definitely wrong here. I know that Thompson's record of sacking managers is appalling but this current situation is taking the biscuit.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

His contract was renewed in the summer I’m sure it’s was a two year deal, it will be much more than the 40k mentioned above. Some of our higher earners players are on much more than that. Either way relegation will cost a lot more than whatever is needed to pay him up.

My predictions is we will stay up once balanta is back and the whole season excuse will be injuries have costs us everything, he will get another crack at signings in the summer. I certainly won’t be renewing, kids for a quid and cheap games for me.
RayleighDagger1986

:blum:
Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:51 pm His contract was renewed in the summer I’m sure it’s was a two year deal, it will be much more than the 40k mentioned above. Some of our higher earners players are on much more than that. Either way relegation will cost a lot more than whatever is needed to pay him up.

My predictions is we will stay up once balanta is back and the whole season excuse will be injuries have costs us everything, he will get another crack at signings in the summer. I certainly won’t be renewing, kids for a quid and cheap games for me.
The £40k was based on 6 months left on a 2 year contract. Its a rough guess. I've heard on here that his contract was extended in the summer, don't recall hearing that. For those who think he has, is there any link to the news we may have publushed/announced.
EssexDagger!

It’s a shame a fans forum is not in the calendar, would be an ideal time to have one to put all these questions and theories across to thommo and the Americans.

I’d even pay an entry fee to attend one at the time
Being
RampantDuke

If he has got a new contract that extends beyond next summer then the club have kept it very quiet. Also why would they do that when the jury was already out at the end of last season?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
HGDagger

Surely Taylor isn't earning a lot?

Remember the financial situation when he took over at the beginning of last season, he must have been the lowest paid manager in the league.
RayleighDagger1986

HGDagger wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:40 am Surely Taylor isn't earning a lot?

Remember the financial situation when he took over at the beginning of last season, he must have been the lowest paid manager in the league.
I said earlier in this thread that the payout can't be no more than £40k on the basis he's on something like £80k per annum. My assumption was also that we were skint when he took over and the wages wouldn't be anywhere near Still.
Don't forget Still walked to reduce the wage bill, why on earth would we employ someone on the same contract!