Ebbsfleet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

How far we’ve fallen that we mostly believe that we will lose this one. With the Yanks clearly sticking and not twisting this Christmas this is a now a relegation 6 pointer. Ebbsfleet are in ok form compared to us but then again who isn’t. We sit rock bottom on the last 13 league games with just 8 poInts with 12 goals scored, only 6 if you take out the Aldershot Match.

Lose this and we could be looking down the barrel at conference south, surely we can’t get relegated? Of course we can it’s Dagenham.

If I didn’t have a season ticket there would not be a chance I would be bothering with this one. Let’s hope we have more than 4 decent counter attacks to satisfy the pissed off punters.
DaggerJoel11

Big game for us but obviously that will be the perspective from the other camp too where this quick-fire double-header could be the difference between Ebbsfleet staying up or not.

Form wise they've only lost one of the past eight games, while we've lost seven from eight. There's not too much between both sides as we've both lost twelve games this season (and Ebbsfleet have played a game fewer) which is worse only to Maidenhead.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
BB-Dagger

We have the team to beat ebbsfloat they proved how good they can be when they put 6 past Aldershot, some say Aldershot were pi$$ poor that day but because we played on the front foot in front of the owners we gained the initiative and destroyed their confidence after the first 20 minutes, since then we have gone into every game and just parked the bus! Tactics are sh1t, the players don’t like it and there is unrest because of it Taylor & co are loosing the dressing room and that is a FACT! I’ve been told that by someone who is a very close friend of a player. Change is needed and needed now.
Daggernewbie

BB-Dagger wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:07 am We have the team to beat ebbsfloat they proved how good they can be when they put 6 past Aldershot, some say Aldershot were pi$$ poor that day but because we played on the front foot in front of the owners we gained the initiative and destroyed their confidence after the first 20 minutes, since then we have gone into every game and just parked the bus! Tactics are sh1t, the players don’t like it and there is unrest because of it Taylor & co are loosing the dressing room and that is a FACT! I’ve been told that by someone who is a very close friend of a player. Change is needed and needed now.
BB-Dagger everyone can see well almost everyone can see the team spirit has been destroyed by tactics that they are told to play.We have some good players give them a bit of freedom they need and maybe we can turn the season around.
Diggerthedog

Great point with 10 men will be the rallying cry another get out a jail free card for Taylor. :nothing:
EssexDagger!

A point at home against a team who is 2nd from bottom will be a positive for Taylor,Harris and the owners. We never lost, that will be their bright take on things.

How we have fallen! Disgraceful
NBDag

It was a shambolic game. A blessing in disguise that we now don’t have to play Brundle for a few games, he really is awful. Think Manny should have got MOTM, although Quigley was good too (when on the pitch).

I really hope our owners were watching that live and could hear the fans calling for Taylor to go. Easily the highlight of the game and despite the result it’s still desperately needed.
BB-Dagger

Terrible today, not helped by another inconsistent referee, Brundles red card was deserved he lost the ball and that resulted in a desperate lunge in an attempt to get the ball back so no complaints, the ebbsfleet player in the first half was very similar but we didn’t even get a free kick let alone a yellow card! Taylor taking off Quigley was an amazing piece of management magic wasn’t it? Our best player at the time and looking dangerous... why are we soooo defensive when we have the players to cause teams problems (in my humble opinion)
I’m afraid Mr Taylor’s mind blowing tactics are beginning to make Mr Stills hoofball look champions league class. After all of the optimism at the start of the season I’m beginning to accept that we will achieve the unforeseen and snatch relegation from the jaws of the playoffs.
NickMurphy

Some people actually clapped that rubbish off today. Incredible.
Mark

Brundle is terrible and should not be anywhere near our side. We were better without him even though it meant we had ten, he slows everything down, he chooses the wrong pass all the time, he cannot defend at all. Thankfully the manager can't pick his favourite for 3 games now, although with the injuries it probably won't get much better.

Kandi worked hard and by far the most lively player but his final ball is very rarely good enough. Robinson did the work of 2 again, Manny probably our best player, Quigley did well and linked well with House who didn't have his best game. Otherwise largely poor. No idea what that motm selection was about.
SUSSEX DAGGER

BB-Dagger wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:25 pm Terrible today, not helped by another inconsistent referee, Brundles red card was deserved he lost the ball and that resulted in a desperate lunge in an attempt to get the ball back so no complaints, the ebbsfleet player in the first half was very similar but we didn’t even get a free kick let alone a yellow card! Taylor taking off Quigley was an amazing piece of management magic wasn’t it? Our best player at the time and looking dangerous... why are we soooo defensive when we have the players to cause teams problems (in my humble opinion)
I’m afraid Mr Taylor’s mind blowing tactics are beginning to make Mr Stills hoofball look champions league class. After all of the optimism at the start of the season I’m beginning to accept that we will achieve the unforeseen and snatch relegation from the jaws of the playoffs.
To be fair we were going nowhere until Marmite Mcqueen come on and in the end if we had shown.the same desire in the previous 80 minutes we would have walked up.
Dreadfull game , Brundle dropped us right in it .
Another very poor team that we have failed to beat and only the,results of one round of games from.being in relegation spit.

He has to go, sorry but it aint good enough and nothing will change until he does
hockley dagger

The first half was very poor as a spectacle. I'm inclined to give the Bromley game a miss now along with Ebbsfleet away. Torquay, who are shipping goals for fun, now looks like a relegation six pointer on 4 January.
HGDagger

Dr Mr Freund,

Please put us out of our misery,

Kindest regards every Dagger
DevonDagger

Putting results, performance and everything aside, not for the first time very frustrated by Taylor's interview by the game.

"Disappointing they had to play in front of some boos and all that because everybody wants to have a bit of a pop at the manager"

This does my head in royally. It baffles me how a manager of such experience almost can't comprehend why he's getting stick. I could write paragraphs on this alone but I've already done that 3 or 4 times this season. It comes down to - what do you expect Peter? I struggle to believe the Gillingham fans who were slating him to the extreme when he came here clapped him off and patted him on the back when he was sacked there. I personally haven't given him any gob when at games but to expect otherwise when results are dreadful - at any club - I find surprising.

"I said to the linesman there's no possible way that when Myles Weston took on Luke Croll... It was a goal kick... and he's given a corner and they've scored from the corner and so that's how it happening for us at the moment"

....Really?

If by "that's how it's happening for us at the moment" you mean conceding regularly from corners. Spot on.

I actually respected Taylor a few times before for not hiding behind blaming the ref for goals which could quite easily have been prevented anyway. Looks like that has gone out of the window today, which I suppose could be desperation of the situation. Perhaps understandable but I'm not sure this excuse will wash for the existing doubters.

He's quite adamant we deserved to win the game and despite the mixed opinion on that specifically, the commentary did make it sound like we had more of the game. Ebbsfleet have also picked up of late only losing 2 of their last 12(?). But as far as mitigation that's really it. This was a fantastic chance to end a dreadful run and hope to start the New Year leaving this dreadful couple months behind.
ThatRoundThing

After ten minutes I told my friend next to me in hospitality that Mitch Brundle on this slippery pitch will get sent off.
We were then asked for man of the match.. before the goal. Six of us had narrowed it down to Chiki Kandi or Will Wright, purely on effort throughout the game. I must admit that when put on the spot for a man of the match decision on an inept performance.. it’s not very easy and the lack of a stand out performance is always going to be a controversial choice.