Hartlepool

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggerfan

Hartlepool 1-0 Daggers 4 points away from the relegation zone.
SUSSEX DAGGER

And we are getting slated by Hartlepool fans as worse side they have seen.. 11 behind the ball with no ambition to win the game.

Blow smoke up the Yanks arses as much as you want , they continue to do.nothing about this dreadful situation.
Ok we may have saved off bankruptcy but we are beyond that in.any ideas how to get out of this mess
Chigwellian

Honestly, it was dreadful.. I'm lost for words.
Brundle was woeful, he bottled at least 3 or 4 challenges.
I'm not going Boxing Day .. rather spend quality time with my family.. Wouldn't you think the yanks would issue a statement as they know the growing feeling of the supporters.
The management are totally inept, and void of ideas.
The tactics were basically defend and don't concede... as usual...
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Do you think Housey didn’t go just because he couldn’t be bothered to travel up for another miserable away defeat ?
Dag82

Could potentially believe that yeah.

The penny must of dropped with him by now, as to what he has got to work with here.
EssexDagger!

Chigwellian wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:48 pm Honestly, it was dreadful.. I'm lost for words.
Brundle was woeful, he bottled at least 3 or 4 challenges.
I'm not going Boxing Day .. rather spend quality time with my family.. Wouldn't you think the yanks would issue a statement as they know the growing feeling of the supporters.
The management are totally inept, and void of ideas.
The tactics were basically defend and don't concede... as usual...
Not a statement granted but didn’t Peter tweet only a week or two ago that we must all stick together and be patient due to us having a lot of injuries? Well it was something along those lines!
Basically saying wait and see if Balanta can pull us out the shit?

This proves to me that they don’t understand the football side of things at all, if they think a few injuries is why we have been in free fall for the best part of 10 months now
Sagres

Some of the quotes from the Hartlepool forum:

"Played well today against a team with 11 behind the ball all game".

"So good to beat a team with no interest in playing football and time waste as much as possible".

"Possibly the most embarrassing away performance iv seen at the Vic".

We need Santa to be a Dagger or relegation looms!
dagger4eva

The fact all Jody Brown had to offer in his post match interview was 'we had 4 good counter attacking opportunities' should be enough for an instant dismissal.

3 stooges - Taylor, Harris, Brown - feck off now
Dagdale

I know this is a football forum but the quote above has a real ring to it today: 'Do you think Housey didn't go just because he couldn't be bothered to travel up........? Well really wish me and several others knew that if you knew what was in store 4 a fair bunch of us an almost a complete shutdown of rail travel back to the smoke, in 50 years of rail travel absolutely disgusted how we were treated to just leave you to it after promises earlier and just get yourself home job by an almost Grand Central train shutdown AND not to be able to use you 'cancelled ticket' on another rail company, basically trapped, we took a chance and we somehow just made it back AND THE BLOODY TEAM SHOULD ******** GO AND LOOK AT THEMSELVES!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Nothing against the lad, by the way. Might have been a mutual decision to save him the long trip to keep him fresh for Boxing Day
Coydagger

‘Save him the long trip’ , do me a favour. We dont have the luxury in our situation to let a guy we have on loan who can apparently score goals have a weekend off. The young boy has been another bad signing from this management team. He wasn’t fit before he came here and hasn’t kept himself fit while he’s been here. Why would Taylor think an injury returnee is the right fit for this squad? Don’t know why people rave about him either. He scored in one game against a poor team. Jury’s still out. New manager to come in who will bring in a striker who knows where the goal is and won’t cry off every other game.
Diggerthedog

Taylor’s not silly, pull out easy results here and there to keep himself and his crap staff in a job. Ebbsfleet are very poor and he knows if House was not fit for that we would have zero chance of winning with the rest of the crap he has brought in.

Ebssfleet at home should be a full on Taylor out match from start to finish regardless of the score, the man is a piss poor manager him and his stooges need to be binned. Why do we always settle for crap when it comes to managers? Oh we all know why and he should be the second part of the protest. Really hope Ebbsfleet smash us 5-0 just so these owners can get the ******** message.

Taylor Out
Thompson Out
Gowens Out
DaggerJoel11

Wow, that was quite incredible. Without doubt the worst away trip I've ever been on, an absolute nightmare from start to finish.

Firstly, trains. As Grand Central kindly cancelled their services for the day, I had to get what felt like 7 different connections to reach Hartlepool and be treated to one shot on target, then do the same thing on the way back where I was told I'd have to stump up 90 quid for a new ticket as my Grand Central one wasn't valid. Thankfully I made a train at York at half 7 and if I didn't I'd have been stuck up there for the night!

Just listened to the Jody Brown interview which gives the impression that we were struck with a late blow after a fairly decent performance, and to that I truly don't know what to say. I'm not exaggerating when I say we were dominated from the first whistle to the last, in my ten years watching football it's the most one-sided game I've seen without doubt. It was a 4-0 game (minimum) with a 1-0 scoreline, and everytime I think we can't sink any lower we manage to exceed my very low expectations.

Feeling very disillusioned with this now.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

House was ill. Let’s not start another conspiracy theory.
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote=Coydagger post_id=50399 He scored in one game against a poor team. Jury’s still out. New manager to come in who will bring in a striker who knows where the goal is and won’t cry off every other game.
[/quote]

Well cant argue about your assesment of the capabilities of the Strikers as appears we have now totally given up on the idea of scoring a goal.

Your other view about Aldershot being a poor team I very much hope is wrong because since they got that hammering they have only lost once away by the odd goal at the League Leaders . If Aldershot are poor then we can only be described as desperate