Taylor Gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

Yeah I hope that is just some nonsensical rambling borne of frustration or something. Not only does it not make sense on the basis of not owning the ground, but spending £1000s on improvement to a ground you intend on knocking down 'within 17 months' would appear a waste of money.

The owners saved this club and have made noticeable differences. On the pitch is not great at the moment but long term I am very positive and happy to be patient. If this season our goal is not achieved or looks in danger of totally unravelling, I have no doubt changes will be made.
NorfolkDaggers

I ran B + D council planning department for over 13 years. I know how these things work. Yes the Council own the land and I'm sure that when offered a huge amount of money by parliament to build homes they will come to the conclusion - We can't build there because of the 1000 or fewer D+R fans. Bottom line is they do what they want, they don't give a toss about anyone.

The current owners will make from the sale. They may not own the land but rest assured they will be fine so please don't worry about them.

Also it's my opinion and I'll listen all day to the opinions of others. But to receive a pm threatening violence is very wrong. Also the person didn't use a VPN so I take the opportunity to wish them all the best.
admin
Site Admin

But to receive a pm threatening violence is very wrong. Also the person didn't use a VPN so I take the opportunity to wish them all the best.
To receive a PM threatening violence is against the forum rules.
We will check the forum logs and take appropriate action.
Dag82

Auntie Merge wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:27 am Christmas Shopping!!!

Seriously though 21st December was the day Wayne Burnett got sacked. If we lose tomorrow would lightning strike twice?
Not long now, until we hit the bottom 4 then, could even make it this side of New Year.

Nothing will change, and relegation is unbelievably starting to become a realistic proposition.
Adrian

ThatRoundThing wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:28 pm
Alan wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:09 pm [quote=EssexDagger! post_id=50325 time=<a href="tel:1576857969">1576857969</a> user_id=101603]
The only way he will end up gone is once we are relegated and that will be far too late...

How many are going up to Hartlepool tomorrow? Would normally have gone myself but not with the way things are at the moment.
A huge long away trip, the last Saturday before Xmas, even if we were top of the league hardly any would go. You have to wonder what the league are doing scheduling a trip like this a few days before Xmas.

Ridiculous journey this time of the year, also Yeovil travelling to AFC Fylde.
[/quote]

Pretty sure someone like Simmo has explained before that it’s what the clubs want.
The people that are likely to travel from Dagenham to Hartlepool or Yeovil to Fylde on most weeks are likely to travel the Saturday before Xmas.
They don’t see as big a drop in travelling numbers as they would for a more local game.
ARNU

The new owners ( we are greatful blah blah blah ) but if you tell us we’re going to make a bid for the playoffs or even win the league and then you serve up this crock of shit with a manager less popular now than Jeremy ****** corbyn please don’t be too miffed if we are a little pissed off.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

NorfolkDaggers wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:08 pm I ran B + D council planning department for over 13 years. I know how these things work. Yes the Council own the land and I'm sure that when offered a huge amount of money by parliament to build homes they will come to the conclusion - We can't build there because of the 1000 or fewer D+R fans. Bottom line is they do what they want, they don't give a toss about anyone.

The current owners will make from the sale. They may not own the land but rest assured they will be fine so please don't worry about them.

Also it's my opinion and I'll listen all day to the opinions of others. But to receive a pm threatening violence is very wrong. Also the person didn't use a VPN so I take the opportunity to wish them all the best.
How will someone who doesn’t own the land make anything from the sale of the land by the actual owners?
That is make enough to offset what they’ve already spent on the various ground improvements and players.

You may be staying an opinion, but your opinion is poorly informed and stupid.
NorfolkDaggers

Maybe the knowledge of how to make money by acting a tenant on valuable land is why the owners had the money to buy us in the first place. Maybe it's been done previously who knows and I for one wouldn't like to comment.

£288,000 average price of a house in Dagenham.
DevonDagger

Can't this same argument be made about nearly any ground in the country?
Perhaps a bad estimate but off the top of my head I'd there are around 150 football clubs who consistently get gates over 1,000.
Would this mean the thousands of others across the country whose gates are considered too low could all be set to be consigned to becoming housing estates in the near future?
NorfolkDaggers

I believe that any ground in a prime location owned by the Council or even a owned privately will be under threat of development. They do not give a toss about football or people all they care about is make money quickly. The pressure from central Government is huge as they have targets to meet.

The team I dislike most, and the nearest team to me, Norwich City are an example. Recently instead of investing in players they brought huge chunks riverside land to the rear of the club. That land was sold for housing which is already under construction. Expensive housing now surrounds the club on three sides with retail on the fourth. Teams the size of Norwich have the funds to relocate to out of town locations. Clubs in the lower leagues I fear will join together in an effort to remain afloat and it's my hope a few survive.
Adrian

NorfolkDaggers wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:29 pm Maybe the knowledge of how to make money by acting a tenant on valuable land is why the owners had the money to buy us in the first place. Maybe it's been done previously who knows and I for one wouldn't like to comment.

£288,000 average price of a house in Dagenham.
For someone that wouldn’t like to comment you don’t seem to have much of an issue making comments that are complete bull.

One of the owners is from a family that has run a successful business for 100 years and were bought out a couple of years ago.

The owners are a long way from as great as some want to make them out to be, but you’re flat out delusional.
NorfolkDaggers

That is your opinion. What's all the rambling based on ? I have no idea people have to do their own research.