Worried of Redbridge

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I’ve been thinking a lot about whats going on at the club and whats been written on here and I’m really worried our American friends might be losing faith in us.
-they’re only being told what they want to hear, by Thompson, Taylor etc, and not seeing reality day to day
-they’re probably being fed some really terrible bile about the supporters
-they’re probably feeling unloved, given some of the posts on here (of course they care FFS)

If I recall correctly, when Glyn sold his shares for £1 he did this on the understanding that the new owners would invest in the club for 2 seasons. Depending on when those 2 seasons are up (last season and this one / or this one and next?) depends when they might just have enough of us and quit, which would put our future back in jeopardy.

So i guess the questions are,
Are they going to continue to fund us?
What can we do to show them we’re a viable proposition to keep investing in?
What happens next?
Daggerjamie

Get rid of the current management set up as well as Thompson, get someone young and hungry in. Havent we got a commercial guy on board? Well i haven't seen him do anything. Go back to our old model lf finding us the next mackail smith, benson etc how we got up in the first place. It all stems from results on the pitch though and its not been good enough and surely they can see that. I believe there here for the long term hopefully tim howard comes over when hes finished playing.
Diggerthedog

I'm not worried, they are doing it the right way and have just given out some new deals. Just a shame they cant see the manager is crap like the rest of us. But that's not to say they wont pull out at any time. Hope they're bracing themselves for the rest of this season if the manager remains in charge. I hear they were due over once more before xmas but cancelled.

Commercial manager seems to be doing a decent job but lets not forget anything he wishes to change or implement has to go past Kim Ung Thompson, take the awful carvery nonsense for 23 matches a year, ideas have been given to the new guy and it was escalated and alternatives denied for the prehistoric meat and two veg option. :banghead:
Oxhead

Yawn
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:41 pm I'm not worried, they are doing it the right way and have just given out some new deals. Just a shame they cant see the manager is crap like the rest of us. But that's not to say they wont pull out at any time. Hope they're bracing themselves for the rest of this season if the manager remains in charge. I hear they were due over once more before xmas but cancelled.

Commercial manager seems to be doing a decent job but lets not forget anything he wishes to change or implement has to go past Kim Ung Thompson, take the awful carvery nonsense for 23 matches a year, ideas have been given to the new guy and it was escalated and alternatives denied for the prehistoric meat and two veg option. :banghead:
That is worrying. Any idea why?
Richie

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:06 am -they’re only being told what they want to hear, by Thompson, Taylor etc, and not seeing reality day to day
-they’re probably feeling unloved, given some of the posts on here (of course they care FFS)
It's 2019 and they're successful businessmen (as far as I know), I don't think it's fair to just presume they have their head in the clouds and only believe everything they're told by Thompson/Taylor etc.

And also they've been involved in sports for years so it surely won't surprise them that they're not flavour of the month 24/7.

I could obviously be completely wrong, but I find the above very hard to believe. We signed 2 players last time they were here for example, not the act of people looking to drift away.
ARNU

In my hiring and firing days, if I was gonna sack someone I didn’t go round telling all the other minions the ins and outs of the cats ar5e. I just gave a little bit of rope then another bit and then a bit more for luck then pulled it hard.

We are the minions , I detect though these people know their shit and they will be fully aware of any historical tedious vendettas and squabbling.

I think it’s fair to say the season has turned out to be a dissapointment, Taylor’s thrown a sickie he can probably smell coffee.

We go again next season and scrape thru this one. Think about it, they couldn’t get die hard s to renew before last season. The chairman phoned us all up practically begging. So if you’re a new owner it makes sense to tell the minions we’re gonna win the league this year. We all renewed again didn’t we?

Anyway I’m boring myself now but I have faith in the yanks but not Taylor. I’m having a day off tonight as well. £15 for the nobody cares cup replay !!! Fock dat.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

I think my main point might have been lost
If I recall correctly, when Glyn sold his shares for £1 he did this on the understanding that the new owners would invest in the club for 2 seasons. Depending on when those 2 seasons are up (last season and this one / or this one and next?) depends when they might just have enough of us and quit, which would put our future back in jeopardy.
Of course they recently bought players because they were contracted to spend money. What happens when they are no longer contracted to put in money? We will be put up for sale again?
Mike the Dagger

You have met them Suzanne, did they give the impression that they were going to quit at the first bump in the road?

It is football, you can't buy guaranteed success.
Dagger Steve

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:06 am I’ve been thinking a lot about whats going on at the club and whats been written on here and I’m really worried our American friends might be losing faith in us.
-they’re only being told what they want to hear, by Thompson, Taylor etc, and not seeing reality day to day

Ironically by creating this thread you're contributing directly into points 2 and 3 you listed above.
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:53 am You have met them Suzanne, did they give the impression that they were going to quit at the first bump in the road?

They have gone extremely quiet. It would be good to hear they are still with us on the journey and have them reaffirm their commitment to the future.
stanton101

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:34 am
Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:53 am You have met them Suzanne, did they give the impression that they were going to quit at the first bump in the road?

They have gone extremely quiet. It would be good to hear they are still with us on the journey and have them reaffirm their commitment to the future.
If they've been as gullible as some are suggesting and have been drip fed how great Taylor still is, then this could go tits up very quickly. Putting your trust in someone is one thing, being led up a garden path is quite another. If I were the yanks I'd be furious about our current position. Ok we have injuries, but so does everyone else, it's the strength of your squad that gets you through the tough times and ours I'm afraid are awful.
It's quite simple really, stick with numpty and we're relegated.
Alan

I think some people are insulting the intelligence of the owners and forgetting that Tim Howard is part of the group - he knows a little about football. I’d say they’re more likely to get fed up with moaning supporters than bad results.
EssexDagger!

Alan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:00 pm I think some people are insulting the intelligence of the owners and forgetting that Tim Howard is part of the group - he knows a little about football. I’d say they’re more likely to get fed up with moaning supporters than bad results.
Moaning supporters? Perhaps we as paying supporters are well within our rights to moan up, especially after we was told that we would be competing for the league title this season, but in reality we are 4pts above the relegation zone in a league which is the weakest it’s been for many a season! Maybe we have had enough of the drab negative, Park the bus football, watching our team struggle to even score a goal let alone win a football match. 2 wins out of the last 13 in the league with an fa cup exit to a side 2 leagues below us.

We’ve had enough of dinosaur tactics and had enough of it all being swept under the carpet by the chairmen & owners who still expect us to turn up week in week out up and down the country to watch a load of dross.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Alan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:00 pm I think some people are insulting the intelligence of the owners and forgetting that Tim Howard is part of the group - he knows a little about football. I’d say they’re more likely to get fed up with moaning supporters than bad results.
Wow arnt we lucky something our Loyal supporters could at least take comfort from on a journey home last night, that turned into a journey from.hell after enduring another total.surrender .

We have an owner who knows a thing or two about football. Clearly the ability to shoot on goal which in turn may lead to a goal being scored, which if you do it often enough may also lead to you winning a game is something he has yet to pass onto the Manager who he employed to oversee this current shambles.