Attendance to drop <1000

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

I thinks its only a matter of time before we see our gates drop below 1000. I looked up our average attendance per season and compared our title winning conference season to that of our first back in the conference 10 years later.
We averaged 1756 when promoted and that had dropped to 1379 when relegated 10 years later.
I noticed the club recently posting news of life long supporters sadly passing away. As we lose more loyal fans this way (and yes we do seem to be an ageing group), where does the clubs future lay?
Supporters have threatened to boycott games and probably have. Others have decided long before to not come due to Mr Thompson and await his departure. Others have simply moved on for work, family or other commitments. There is a lot of disenchantment with our club and for many different reasons. This I feel has been going on for too long. We need our club back. I want those fans who have boycott back. I want to see our club thrive, to see and feel a buzz around the place once again. But this won't happen until our American owners take action, I love what they've done to the clubhouse and the car park but now that commitment has to turn to the club personnel from MD to team manager and support staff. You change these two fundamental things and I'm sure so.e of our lost loyal fans will return. Then we can rebuild our club within the community for the next generation of Dagger fans. COYD
Diggerthedog

Many fans are not coming this season as the football is crap and who can blame them. Yesterday we played one up top against a really poor side, hence the changes of formation at the start of the second half.

The whole club has been on a downhill spiral for 9 years it turned when we sold Benson, it’s still the same old regardless of owners. The fact we’ve held on to 1000 fans is unbelievable and credit to you all. Even my patience is wearing very thin, only went to yesterday’s game as the boy wanted too. Not sure I’ll bother with Boxing Day.

Get a team at least fighting and having some sort of attacking intensity and you’ll see fans return.

The new owners have been brilliant but on the subject of the manager they’re failing miserably.
Mark

It won't be long before we're under a thousand. It may have already happened, depends on how they're counting. I certainly feel the extra space around the terrace this season.

It's worth noting that even when we made the playoffs under Still, we were only hitting 1200-1300. Something has been missing for a long time now, even when we were relatively decent on the pitch.

I think the investment in the facilities will help long term, but I do feel the lack of fresh support is a problem. Lower leagues as a whole seem relatively stable in terms of attendance, so the younger generation must be still interested. I'm sure the owners will work out a strategy to improve this but it will take time, meanwhile we need to ensure we don't fall into the conference south.

I think even if we started to win, we'd maybe find an extra 200 but that's about it.
ARNU

Winning team = higher gates.
Nothing else will do it. 50p entrance fee for all wouldn’t bring more in if we’re getting tonked by part timers every week.
I don’t get all this vitriol for Thompson. It’s the 2 left footed idiots on the pitch not doing the business.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

Given the catchment area I wonder if the location of the ground in Dagenham East helps? There doesn"t seem to be much interest in the club in the immediate locality?
RayleighDagger1986

Any idea on where it should go HockleyDagger?
HGDagger

Romford have got a good location for their new ground
DaggerJoel11

Match Report: Dagenham 1 Maidenhead 2
Peter Taylor may have left first-team duties to Terry Harris and Jody Brown after reportedly undergoing knee surgery, but this performance had his depressing hallmarks emblazoned all over it. Here's my match report and player ratings from a game that somehow managed to be worse than the last.
https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... d-united-2
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Ally Fraser

hockley dagger wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:48 pm Given the catchment area I wonder if the location of the ground in Dagenham East helps? There doesn"t seem to be much interest in the club in the immediate locality?
None of the new ‘locals’ have any interest in us. And this won’t change
hockley dagger

I honestly don't know where would be better. Maybe nearer the motorway and near a mainline station? I get the sense quite a few people come from Havering and beyond but I guess that's Tamplin territory now.
Penfold

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:22 pm Many fans are not coming this season as the football is crap and who can blame them. Yesterday we played one up top against a really poor side, hence the changes of formation at the start of the second half.

The whole club has been on a downhill spiral for 9 years it turned when we sold Benson, it’s still the same old regardless of owners. The fact we’ve held on to 1000 fans is unbelievable and credit to you all. Even my patience is wearing very thin, only went to yesterday’s game as the boy wanted too. Not sure I’ll bother with Boxing Day.

Get a team at least fighting and having some sort of attacking intensity and you’ll see fans return.

The new owners have been brilliant but on the subject of the manager they’re failing miserably.
This!! I stopped going because I didn't like the way we played football under Wayne Burnett, coupled with the way ST was treating/talking to supporters. So rather than verbally vent my disliking, I've kept my money in my pocket which would ultimately hurt ST more.

Ive only been back on a few occasions where the ticket prices are cheap. Would I ever return? certainly will but not because the football improves, simply when I have the time and money to do so.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
BB-Dagger

hockley dagger wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:23 pm I honestly don't know where would be better. Maybe nearer the motorway and near a mainline station? I get the sense quite a few people come from Havering and beyond but I guess that's Tamplin territory now.
Hey I’m from havering and I wouldn’t pi$$ on that ar$3wipe if he was on fire