Ashamed

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NorfolkDaggers

I run a supports club based in Norfolk. We plan trips to most away games either by car or mini bus. On special occasions we book a coach. I've been watching Dagenham in one form or another since the early 1970s. I've seen Trophy victories, league qualification and FA Cup runs.

I've seen a few good times following Dagenham FC and then D & R and many bad times. But even driving home from Carlisle on a damp winters evening after losing 2-0 I still kept the faith.

It's 220 miles for a home game for me. Not to mention the cost of fuel etc. I along with my supporters club members demonstrate huge effort to see each game. As indeed chatting to many of you today, lots of stories of zero hour contracts, no money or illness but still you turn up.

The current situation with the club is pathetic. The players lack motivation, skill and seem uninterested.

I've missed about 48 games since the 1970s so it's with heavy heart that I will boycott all games until the Manager resigns.

Thank you to the kind person who helped to calm down my Grandson when he burst into tears today at the final whistle.
EssexDagger!

I’m sad to hear that Norfolk, it’s bad enough having to travel home a few miles down the road another yet another predictable defeat, let alone a few hundred miles!

Sadly though, I think your sentiments will fall on deaf ears with our board and owners, they seem content with a dinosaur managerial team, an impressive home win, once every few months and a relegation dog fight.
HGDagger

NorfolkDaggers wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:17 pm I run a supports club based in Norfolk. We plan trips to most away games either by car or mini bus. On special occasions we book a coach. I've been watching Dagenham in one form or another since the early 1970s. I've seen Trophy victories, league qualification and FA Cup runs.

I've seen a few good times following Dagenham FC and then D & R and many bad times. But even driving home from Carlisle on a damp winters evening after losing 2-0 I still kept the faith.

It's 220 miles for a home game for me. Not to mention the cost of fuel etc. I along with my supporters club members demonstrate huge effort to see each game. As indeed chatting to many of you today, lots of stories of zero hour contracts, no money or illness but still you turn up.

The current situation with the club is pathetic. The players lack motivation, skill and seem uninterested.

I've missed about 48 games since the 1970s so it's with heavy heart that I will boycott all games until the Manager resigns.

Thank you to the kind person who helped to calm down my Grandson when he burst into tears today at the final whistle.
Email this to the owners
RayleighDagger1986

Norfolk.
Its a sad state of affair when a loyal fan like yourself decides enough is enough. Today, standing in the sieve and looking around the ground at 3pm, thought to myself this is a <1000 crowd today. The next game you boycott could easily be that. I know at least 2, maybe more will be unable to make boxing day. Nowt to do with boycott!!
But most of the guys i see today are now behind the "Taylor out" brigade. This is his squad, his team.
Lets go back 12 months. This time last season we were on the up. Now the same stage, we are o the downward spiral.
I fear more this season than last. This is the season Taylor has been supported from the start.
To me he's judged on one key aspect. The replacement for Wilkinson, which has been absolutely zero.
Can someone tell me why we got rid of Adeloye in the summer and replace him with James. What a pile of shit.
Unless Taylor and Harris depart soon, I'm fearing for our season. Who fancies a trip to Folkestone Invicta next season?
Dagdale

Same old drivel, why is it after our equaliser for a good fifteen minutes or so we looked at last we could actually do something creative because take away that very brief period we were yet again pants throughout and proves we do have it 'hidden in the tank' what's going on? and worse beaten again by a side who were nothing to write home about. Why ain't somebody out there kicking arse! Don't really want us fans to feel were the panic kings of this division but do we have the most laid back owners around? Injuries apart why has this team lost its way?
stanton101

Dagdale wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:19 pm Same old drivel, why is it after our equaliser for a good fifteen minutes or so we looked at last we could actually do something creative because take away that very brief period we were yet again pants throughout and proves we do have it 'hidden in the tank' what's going on? and worse beaten again by a side who were nothing to write home about. Why ain't somebody out there kicking arse! Don't really want us fans to feel were the panic kings of this division but do we have the most laid back owners around? Injuries apart why has this team lost its way?
It's lost it's way because of the manager. He's signings have been dreadful, he's unable to motivate these players and when things go wrong ( and they do so, with alarming regularity ) he's unable to put in a plan B or C. There isn't much of a plan A to be fair, but you do need to change things accordingly. Take today for instance, our best player Quigley gets taken off when we have a smidgen of momentum. Ok if he's injured, all well and good, but if he's not then for god's sake, leave him on.
There comes a time when age creeps up on us all, that's life, shit happens, and you are no longer able to do your job, times change. And that is what we have today, a manager who is out of touch with the modern game.
Until this changes we will continue along the same vane.
A younger man with new fresh ideas is needed.
The old brigade are being fazed out, it's high time, we followed suit.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

My kingdom for someone who can cross a ball. That’s all I say.
A S dagger97

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:06 am My kingdom for someone who can cross a ball. That’s all I say.
TBF that attribute is not even common in the PL, let alone this league
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!