Do the yanks really care ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

John still had half a season to sort out Wayne’s mess but took us down. We’re in more trouble than people think.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

EssexDagger! wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:19 am I’m not saying a new manager would turn us into Liverpool over night but surely getting him now with 21 league games remaining & letting him see where the squad needs addressing and what players have the minerals for a title challenge next season, or more importantly what players are not up to scratch. Letting him work with the squad for the next 6 months can only be beneficial rather than just turning up next June for pre season.
This. And without a new manager now, we’re heading for relegation.
BB-Dagger

In answer to the original question I think it’s obvious they care about the club, they are investing time and money.
BUT it has to be said that with them a few thousand miles away they are not getting the full picture, We are in crisis on the pitch and need a change of management!
Dag82

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:30 am
EssexDagger! wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:19 am I’m not saying a new manager would turn us into Liverpool over night but surely getting him now with 21 league games remaining & letting him see where the squad needs addressing and what players have the minerals for a title challenge next season, or more importantly what players are not up to scratch. Letting him work with the squad for the next 6 months can only be beneficial rather than just turning up next June for pre season.
This. And without a new manager now, we’re heading for relegation.
I actually think we will finish mid table, because once the injured players return, I can see us picking up enough points, in reality we are talking about 6 or 7 wins from 20 games.

But, that does not take away from the fact that Taylor we has failed miserably with the squad he put together in the summer, and he should be gone NOW.

If not, then would expect season ticket sales next summer, to be at there lowest point for many years.

We have been saying that he ain't the wright man for the last 6-9 months, and people are getting bored of saying it, and are rapidly losing interest.
Diggerthedog

Some of us have been saying it for over a year. Everyone forgets the second half of last season was also a shambles.

Wonder what the record is in 2019.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:16 am Some of us have been saying it for over a year. Everyone forgets the second half of last season was also a shambles.

Wonder what the record is in 2019.
P42 W13 D12 L17 which is 51 points which is lower mid table really, by my count
Diggerthedog

Safety with 4 games to spare and we had Wilkinson for half of them games too FFS.
Alan

I think it’s a bit far fetched to ask if the owners care. They were over, pressed the button on signing a creative midfielder and a striker and we scored 6.

They can’t do much about those players getting injured and the goals then drying up again, as you can’t just keep signing player after player unless you want the club to be run in an unsustainable manner.

The problem with our injuries is dire, but it highlights the poor quality of our back up options (many of whom were first choice at the start of the season). When I saw this squad for the first time I thought it looked pedestrian and lacking in goals and so it has proven to be.
NickMurphy

There's no questioning that the owners care. The money they've put into the playing budget and into making the club look presentable and up-to-date in it's facilities is evidence of that, not least the way in which they interact with supporters when they're over and on social media.

But that doesn't mean they don't get things wrong, of course. They weren't around when Taylor was initially appointed, and when Taylor was initially appointed his remit was substantially different to what it is now with a substantially different budget. We've fallen into the trap of doing what a lot of teams do up and down the leagues; a manager keeps you up in what were initially difficult circumstances, and as a result the board/the owners feel obligated to give him a go with an improved financial situation and more stability. That despite the fact it has long been clear to plenty of us supporters - maybe even halfway through last season - that Taylor wasn't the progressive manager required to take us forward and ultimately back into League Two.

I, nor anyone else, take zero pleasure in saying that. I'd much rather be wrong and for us to be third in the league having won seven from eight, but save one or two results it's been pretty dire for some time. Even in that unbeaten run, we only won five from 11, which isn't great. And at the moment even one of Taylor's coaching strengths is seemingly failing him in that we can't stop shipping goals. We've not kept a clean sheet in 13 matches and have conceded 19 goals in that time - including 2+ goals on seven occasions.

We're overdue a change, and it needs to be a change that gives us a proper fresh start in line with the club's ambitions, not harking back to Garry Hill or John Still. We all bang on about this club needing show some actual ambition, and now it's finally time to show that with an ambitious appointment in the dugout in line with what you'd expect from a club wanting to get out of this division (at the right end, please).