Injured Players

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

The lack of communication when it comes to injured players is - and long has been - a joke. I've been told before that the club hold this information back so as to not give the opposition an advantage when they're preparing to play us. If true, it's a load of bollocks.

Not only does it treat us supporters like mugs, it also doesn't make a blind bit of difference because whether or not the opposition know who/when players are coming back, we're losing games anyway.

It's been a long-standing problem and probably one of the most annoying things about the club aside from the current performances on the pitch.
NBDag

What’s also really frustrating about the update released this week is that it didn’t actually specify any of the targeted return dates that the players are working to. It was effectively just confirming to us that the players are still injured, which we knew. Not giving us target return dates means 1 of 3 things IMO:
1) The idiotic “other teams might get an advantage” nonsense
2) They’re not actually setting targets for the players to work towards
3) They don’t know how long it should take for them to get fit again.

Either way it’s becoming very tiresome.

On a slightly related note, it baffles me how we are still in the minority of teams, even in this league, that aren’t using those player trackers or whatever they are under the shirts. The data it brings in is clearly very useful to those that know what to do with it, hence how widespread its usage is, yet it’s just completely neglected by us.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

NickMurphy wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:36 pm The lack of communication when it comes to injured players is - and long has been - a joke. I've been told before that the club hold this information back so as to not give the opposition an advantage when they're preparing to play us. If true, it's a load of bollocks.

Not only does it treat us supporters like mugs, it also doesn't make a blind bit of difference because whether or not the opposition know who/when players are coming back, we're losing games anyway.

It's been a long-standing problem and probably one of the most annoying things about the club aside from the current performances on the pitch.
PREACH
SUSSEX DAGGER

NBDag wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:03 pm What’s also really frustrating about the update released this week is that it didn’t actually specify any of the targeted return dates that the players are working to. It was effectively just confirming to us that the players are still injured, which we knew. Not giving us target return dates means 1 of 3 things IMO:
1) The idiotic “other teams might get an advantage” nonsense
2) They’re not actually setting targets for the players to work towards
3) They don’t know how long it should take for them to get fit again.

Either way it’s becoming very tiresome.

On a slightly related note, it baffles me how we are still in the minority of teams, even in this league, that aren’t using those player trackers or whatever they are under the shirts. The data it brings in is clearly very useful to those that know what to do with it, hence how widespread its usage is, yet it’s just completely neglected by us.
We have a medical team that by their own admission from the statement had trouble finding a fracture and a hernia.
Please dont even think about asking them to even think about using 21st Century advancements ,they have yet to work out it appears last centuries advancements
Penfold

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:40 pm In an interview after the Sutton game, Terry Harris said Luke Croll was the closest but the rest are all long-term absentees.

I would interpret that as at least two months for the likes of Balanta and Deering. I imagine House will go back to Reading without putting a Dagenham shirt on again.
I wouldn't be surprised if any of those missing will be back this season unless they take themselves to another clubs medical team for treatment. Has been done in the past by former players.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Daggerfan

I’ve recently come to the conclusion that the Americans need to upgrade and improve the treatment room so that our players can get better treatment when they are injured. This would also include getting players trackers and maybe also changing the physio himself.
LondonDagger

I think any other club who had a physio that makes a bloke with a broken leg jump and then sends a striker back on with a broken arm would have been booted out a long time ago...
Daggernewbie

Daggerfan wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:57 am I’ve recently come to the conclusion that the Americans need to upgrade and improve the treatment room so that our players can get better treatment when they are injured. This would also include getting players trackers and maybe also changing the physio himself.
Daggerfan you say only recently this shower of our medical team have let us down for years.How many times has a 1 week or two week injury turn into a month or longer. This will only keep happening until we have a complete overhaul of medical staff etc.
Daggerman

The physio’s has great success in getting Scott Doe back into action! :whistle: