GARRY HILL

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

Having had a season ticket for the last consecutive 11 years which many still consider me as a newcomer, return of Hill, Still or ANY previous manager would mean the end of my next season ticket purchase x2.
Daggernewbie

I can`t understand why some want old managers back they had their day everyone knows their tactics new blood from somewhere is needed.
daggersjeff

Anwar????
ThatRoundThing

My duo would be Mark Stimson and Jamie Cureton. Mark has so much non league experience and I think it goes without saying that Jamie can spot someone who can put the ball in the net. He has also gained valuable experience co managing at non league level.
Jamie would love to come back to Dagenham.... his own words.
Dag82

Alan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:47 pm It does make me chuckle that people don’t want a “dinosaur” then suggest Garry Hill. The Garry Hill who was sacked by Ebsfleet for 1 win in 9 games.
You do know that they had to let there entire first team squad leave in the summer, don't ya ???

Still got fired though, which makes our current situation, even more of a farce !!
Dag82

ThatRoundThing wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:58 pm My duo would be Mark Stimson and Jamie Cureton. Mark has so much non league experience and I think it goes without saying that Jamie can spot someone who can put the ball in the net. He has also gained valuable experience co managing at non league level.
Jamie would love to come back to Dagenham.... his own words.
Stimson isn't a bad shout, done well at Grays, with money, put a decent squad together.
Sagres

Mark Stimson is currently the manager at Hornchurch.
Daggerjamie

I wouldn't mind Alan Devonshire here be instrested to see what he could do on a bigger budget, or luke garrard another one for me.
Alan

Dag82 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:16 pm
Alan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:47 pm It does make me chuckle that people don’t want a “dinosaur” then suggest Garry Hill. The Garry Hill who was sacked by Ebsfleet for 1 win in 9 games.
You do know that they had to let there entire first team squad leave in the summer, don't ya ???
They didn’t. They got rid of some, sure, but they also signed some decent players eg Alex Lawless and Obileye. But another way of looking at it is that he put together a squad that is not very good, or can’t get the best out of the players he brought in.
Last edited by Alan on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dag82

Daggerjamie wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:57 pm I wouldn't mind Alan Devonshire here be instrested to see what he could do on a bigger budget, or luke garrard another one for me.
Devonshire, Another good shout.
Diggerthedog

Devonshire is another dinosaur, he does ok at Maidenhead but they struggle each year.

Let’s look at a young manager, Garrard is a good start. The game has moved on from dinosaurs who rant and shout at players, time we as a club did the same.
ARNU

Blimey I agree with DtD !!

Devo’s a diplodocus.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dj johnny b

I think the thing that upsets me most about this sort of debate/discussion (and it's common on football forums everywhere of course) is that a) it's been made clear there is no vacancy b) the current incumbent is probably in some pain post op - some remarks here are churlish at best and c) be careful (and realistic) what you wish for....I recall one name mentioned on here oversaw a 0-9 home defeat, looked clueless that evening as his very expensive team imploded.And look at Wrexham - money isn't getting them anywhere at present.12 months on be grateful we have a club at all.
Diggerthedog

dj johnny b wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 am I think the thing that upsets me most about this sort of debate/discussion (and it's common on football forums everywhere of course) is that a) it's been made clear there is no vacancy b) the current incumbent is probably in some pain post op - some remarks here are churlish at best and c) be careful (and realistic) what you wish for....I recall one name mentioned on here oversaw a 0-9 home defeat, looked clueless that evening as his very expensive team imploded.And look at Wrexham - money isn't getting them anywhere at present.12 months on be grateful we have a club at all.
Wrexham don't have any money, fan owned club.
Lcbdagger

dj johnny b wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 am I think the thing that upsets me most about this sort of debate/discussion (and it's common on football forums everywhere of course) is that a) it's been made clear there is no vacancy b) the current incumbent is probably in some pain post op - some remarks here are churlish at best and c) be careful (and realistic) what you wish for....I recall one name mentioned on here oversaw a 0-9 home defeat, looked clueless that evening as his very expensive team imploded.And look at Wrexham - money isn't getting them anywhere at present.12 months on be grateful we have a club at all.
Would suggest there is 'this sort of debate' precisely because this is Football Forum no?