GARRY HILL

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

Taylor as manager for even one more game ??

DO I NOT LIKE THAT.
BB-Dagger

Give Taylor a brolly and a bottle of water it worked when McLaren was as shit
Dag82

Was there watching again today.

Just saying.

:eh:
dagger4eva

Dag82 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:23 am Was there watching again today.

Just saying.

Of course he was... He knows full well there is a job soon to be up for grabs and that he is almost a shoe in for it (if Mr MBE has anything to do with it at least)
Coydagger

dagger4eva wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:45 am
Dag82 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:23 am Was there watching again today.

Just saying.

Of course he was... He knows full well there is a job soon to be up for grabs and that he is almost a shoe in for it (if Mr MBE has anything to do with it at least)
No sign of ambition brining Hill back but what can we expect? Is a Garrard or any manager worth his crust going to come here in a midst of a relegation battle? No, they will wait and see where we are come summer.

Hill won’t get us relegated though. He’s proven at Ebsfleet that he can make instant impact when coming into a new job as he says it how it is to his players. Obviously this doesn’t last very long and eventually he loses the dressing room. As long as it’s only to the summer it could be a wise move. Plus let’s not forget he loves the club, more than the Scrooge currently in the hot seat
Diggerthedog

Money talks in football, offered enough anyone will come.
Alan

Hill had an impact at Ebsfleet when he had a really good squad. We don’t have a really good squad.
NBDag

Hill might keep us up, but honestly in what world do you think we would just keep him for the rest of the season then tell him to pack his bags? Thommo wouldn’t do that to one of his mates.

As previously said, money talks. It got us Balanta in the middle of a season where we were dire, and it kept Justham here when league clubs were 100% sniffing around him. I can’t see Garrard getting more than Taylor right now, and even if he was it’s well known that the Wood chairman wants to scale back their spending. He’s got to be our prime target.

But this will not happen, unfortunately. We won’t break this little Dagenham attitude of recycling old ideas until the likes of Thommo go, and frankly, until some of our fans begin to leave the past in the past and stop talking about ******** Garry Hill.
Dag82

Would love us to get Garrard, but not sure at all, that he would come wright now, because this is a potential relegation, which he doesn't want or need on his cv, at this early point of his career.

More chance that he would come in the summer, but not if we are in Conf South !!.

So for me, the best option now, is standing wright there in front of us.

So whether you like him or not, the question is: Do you believe we have more chance of staying up under GH or Taylor ??.
Auntie Merge

Dag82 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:28 pm Would love us to get Garrard, but not sure at all, that he would come wright now, because this is a potential relegation, which he doesn't want or need on his cv, at this early point of his career.

More chance that he would come in the summer, but not if we are in Conf South !!.

So for me, the best option now, is standing wright there in front of us.

So whether you like him or not, the question is: Do you believe we have more chance of staying up under GH or Taylor ??.

Seeing that Taylor has lost:-
The Dressing Room
Fallen out with the backroom staff
Has had digs at the supporters

he has very little chance of keeping us up, or holding the club together in any shape or form.

Garry Hill to the end of the season please. Someone who can put the fighting spirit back into the club, the backroom staff and the supporters.
Alan

All this talk of Garrad, but whenever I’ve seen his sides play they just hoof it.
Dag82

There sitting 8th, wright in the play off hunt, despite being one of the smallest clubs in the division.

Everytime, I have seen them, they play us off the pitch.
Alan

They hoof it long to quick forwards. Their forwards know where the goal is. They’re therefore effective. When the forwards don’t score, supporters would moan it’s dinosaur hoof ball.

Borehamwood Might have small attendances, but they don’t have the smallest budget by any stretch.
Dag82

Agreed on the budget, but you gotta say he is pretty much, a proven boss at this level now, they are going well again this year, having made the play off final recently also.

The other thing, I like about him, is if you watch any interview, he tells it exactly as it is, if they play sh*t, he comes straight out says it, no excuses or bullsh*t.

He would be a good fit here.
Diggerthedog

Garrard has rebuilt two teams now after having to sell, Taylor has unearthed one decent player in two full summers.