GARRY HILL

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Bit of a random shout here but what about Paul Tisdale the ex Bath,Exeter & MK Dons manager? relatively young in managerial terms (46) and has had some experience in this division with getting Exeter promoted out of this league (albeit a fair few years ago) & also went on to get them promoted into league one after that, after getting relegated back to league 2, He again led little old Exeter to another 2 play off finals at Wembley which earnt him the MK Dons job.

He also led MK done to promotion at the first attempt but was dismissed the following season.
For such a young manager he has been around a long time and has plenty of experience and is currently a free agent.
Dag82

dj johnny b wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 am I think the thing that upsets me most about this sort of debate/discussion (and it's common on football forums everywhere of course) is that a) it's been made clear there is no vacancy b) the current incumbent is probably in some pain post op - some remarks here are churlish at best and c) be careful (and realistic) what you wish for....I recall one name mentioned on here oversaw a 0-9 home defeat, looked clueless that evening as his very expensive team imploded.And look at Wrexham - money isn't getting them anywhere at present.12 months on be grateful we have a club at all.
The current incumbent has been causing most of us pain, for months.

Yes, do recall that GH lost a game 9-0, near the end of his 5th and last season here.

The previous four seasons, we finished 1st, 3rd, 2nd, and 5th.

Yep, terrible times.

Much prefer it these days.
leewilson

EssexDagger! wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:37 pm Bit of a random shout here but what about Paul Tisdale the ex Bath,Exeter & MK Dons manager? relatively young in managerial terms (46) and has had some experience in this division with getting Exeter promoted out of this league (albeit a fair few years ago) & also went on to get them promoted into league one after that, after getting relegated back to league 2, He again led little old Exeter to another 2 play off finals at Wembley which earnt him the MK Dons job.

He also led MK done to promotion at the first attempt but was dismissed the following season.
For such a young manager he has been around a long time and has plenty of experience and is currently a free agent.
I would take Tisdale in a heartbeat but I can't see him dropping down to this level. I think he'd comfortably get a job in League 2.
Auntie Merge

EssexDagger! wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:37 pm Bit of a random shout here but what about Paul Tisdale the ex Bath,Exeter & MK Dons manager? relatively young in managerial terms (46) and has had some experience in this division with getting Exeter promoted out of this league (albeit a fair few years ago) & also went on to get them promoted into league one after that, after getting relegated back to league 2, He again led little old Exeter to another 2 play off finals at Wembley which earnt him the MK Dons job.

OMG, can't see it, but YES PLEASE :rolleyes: :sub:
DevonDagger

Due to where I live I have been taken along to several Exeter (I wouldn't say they're all that little by the way) games over several years and seen them play under Tisdale.

If a vacancy arrived actually and he applied I would definitely give him consideration mainly for the reasons Essex gives above.

Fairly or not, he wasn't always popular and perhaps as a consequence he didn't appear to involve himself with the fans very much. In that alone he's more like Peter Taylor in the way he slopes off after games whereas John Still would come over to supporters without fail from my experience. Perhaps each to their own and I'm not suggesting we consider future managers solely on whether they give supporters a clap at the end or not. I personally just prefer a manager who will has the ability to form a better relationship with supporters than Peter Taylor has.

In terms of style, briefly, I would suggest Tisdale tends to setup teams to take leads and hold out thereafter. A lot of possession based football with a focus on organised setups. Worth noting he took a number of Exeter players with him to MK Dons, so one of those managers who will potentially bring the same players with him again at his next job.

He certainly in the past has produced teams which have performed better than the individuals themselves.
Dag82

Would be great, but I don't think this is a realistic option, as said elsewhere, would not expect him to be dropping down to this level.

Garrard is the best option, to tick most of the boxes, of the daggers supporters wish list.

Young, upcoming, knows the division, local, upwards type move for him.
EssexDagger!

DevonDagger wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:37 pm

Due to where I live I have been taken along to several Exeter (I wouldn't say they're all that little by the way) games over several years and seen them play under Tisdale.

If a vacancy arrived actually and he applied I would definitely give him consideration mainly for the reasons Essex gives above.

Fairly or not, he wasn't always popular and perhaps as a consequence he didn't appear to involve himself with the fans very much. In that alone he's more like Peter Taylor in the way he slopes off after games whereas John Still would come over to supporters without fail from my experience. Perhaps each to their own and I'm not suggesting we consider future managers solely on whether they give supporters a clap at the end or not. I personally just prefer a manager who will has the ability to form a better relationship with supporters than Peter Taylor has.

In terms of style, briefly, I would suggest Tisdale tends to setup teams to take leads and hold out thereafter. A lot of possession based football with a focus on organised setups. Worth noting he took a number of Exeter players with him to MK Dons, so one of those managers who will potentially bring the same players with him again at his next job.

He certainly in the past has produced teams which have performed better than the individuals themselves.
Thanks for that Devon, informative reply, I hadn’t known much about his specific style of play or philosophy, only how well his sides have fared the past few years..

True, the likeliness of him dropping down to our level is slim, but money talks, Graham Alexander dropping down to the national league for Salford is proof of that and we certainly have the means to make it happen.

Perhaps we can sacrifice a full back or two :grin:
stanton101

Whilst I don't like to see anyone lose their job, I'm pretty sick of this rubbish served up every week.
A change has been needed for some time now, because this just isn't working out.
And it needs to be done quickly, otherwise we're relegated.
Dag82

Dag82 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:58 pm
dj johnny b wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 am I think the thing that upsets me most about this sort of debate/discussion (and it's common on football forums everywhere of course) is that a) it's been made clear there is no vacancy b) the current incumbent is probably in some pain post op - some remarks here are churlish at best and c) be careful (and realistic) what you wish for....I recall one name mentioned on here oversaw a 0-9 home defeat, looked clueless that evening as his very expensive team imploded.And look at Wrexham - money isn't getting them anywhere at present.12 months on be grateful we have a club at all.
The current incumbent has been causing most of us pain, for months.

Yes, do recall that GH lost a game 9-0, near the end of his 5th and last season here.

The previous four seasons, we finished 1st, 3rd, 2nd, and 5th.

Yep, terrible times.

Much prefer it these days.

BUMPITY BUMP

Get it done.
ARNU

I’d honestly take Burnett back.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

No thanks Mr Hill.
hockley dagger

I can't see either Burnett or Hill making a comeback. We all know who might.
Diggerthedog

No more dinosaurs thanks.
Dag82

Problem is that this is now turning into a relegation rescue mission isn't it.

Do you thinks its a good idea now, to appoint a young less experienced manager, into this situation ?.
Dag82

hockley dagger wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:10 pm I can't see either Burnett or Hill making a comeback. We all know who might.
I am not Stills biggest fan, but he would 100% of done a much better job, this last summer, with putting a new squad together, with
the budget provided by the owners.

Burnett was a joke manager, backed up by the fact that he has not had a 1st team Manager job since leaving 4 years ago.