Attendance

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Well someone said we were heading for sub-1000 fans...

1070 total, 76 Sutton fans
leaving 994 home fans.
:ninja:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Never mind the plastic cladding
The plastic seats all look very nice
Dag82

The new seats / clubhouse / shop / scoreboard, are all great & a 100% upgrade on what we had before, plus we got rid
of the big eyesore portakabin, which has made the entrance to the ground area look much more pleasing to the eye.

Many thanks Peter & Craig for all of the above.

Now, time to start concentrating on the people on your wage bill, and are you getting what you're paying for ??

Losing at home to a part time team, sitting in the bottom 4, would suggest, maybe not....
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was quite, happy supporting a Club with a few broken and faded seats.
I always knew what the score was so needed no reminders.
The plastic Cladding is cheap enough at B and Q and we could.have always recruited one less left back to pay for that

What I wanted from.the owners is the same as I have always wanted and what I largely always got.
When.we recruit players at the medical just make sure each of them have a heart and a pair of bollocks.
bloke down the pub

Auntie Merge wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 pm Well someone said we were heading for sub-1000 fans...

1070 total, 76 Sutton fans
leaving 994 home fans.
:ninja:
How many came through the gate. 2/300 season ticket holders didn't show How many came on a freebie.
Dag82

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:08 pm Was quite, happy supporting a Club with a few broken and faded seats.
The plastic Cladding is cheap enough at B and Q and we could.have always recruited one less left back to pay for that

What I wanted from.the owners is the same as I have always wanted and what I largely always got.
When.we recruit players at the medical just make sure each of them have a heart and a pair of bollocks.
Sussex, I agree with a lot of what you say normally, but I just don't get the digs about the ground improvements.

There seems to be a misconception that this has taken away from spending on the squad, but that's not true is it, they gave Taylor a nice budget in the summer, and he was the one who chose the players to spend it on !!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dag82 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:21 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:08 pm Was quite, happy supporting a Club with a few broken and faded seats.

Sussex, I agree with a lot of what you say normally, but I just don't get the digs about the ground improvements.

There seems to be a misconception that this has taken away from spending on the squad, but that's not true is it, they gave Taylor a nice budget in the summer, and he was the one who chose the players to spend it on !!
Well we.have a squad of 23 , 8 are injured ,one is a Youth opportunity scheme.

The last two defeats have been.down to goals shipped by dreadful mistakes by the Centre backs. We cant change anything cos we dont have any alternatives except at left back of course.

Just shows what a shambles it all is cos any Manager who thinks he can get through a season with less then.a third of his squad getting injured at some stage in a pub league is deluded.Ok admittedly he may have been.unlucky to have them.all come together but at sometime or other vital areas of the pitch were going to be exposed.
Dont forget with this bear bones of a squad we have FA Cup , Trophy and ES Cup games to factor in, squad was never big enough and if we are ever going to get People,on those seats , through the,door of the posh conservatory to spend money then we need a team and currently we dont have one. The core product of a football Club is s team for people to watch. Only when we get that right will I then turn.my attention to the ideal.home exhibition which by the way can be paid for by the success of the team,

Just think if we had bought a Centre Forward instead of an excuse for one, one less Left Back , less cladding , put up with a few seats that nobody ever sat in or is ever likely to do we could have generated all the money spent on these luxuries with a decent cup run that would have seen us Saturday one step away from he 3rd round.
Instead I am.off to Chorley to see a few more of our depleted heroes kicked up in the air
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dag82

Yep, We are basically being told that unless PT has a close on 100% fit squad, don't expect us to beat anyone, including
part time bottom 4 teams, or mid table Ryman.
hockley dagger

Just seen a stat which suggests we are the 26th best supported non league side. Worrying
Daggerman

Dag82 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 pm Yep, We are basically being told that unless PT has a close on 100% fit squad, don't expect us to beat anyone, including
part time bottom 4 teams, or mid table Ryman.
At the pre season fans forum Mr Taylor backed by Mr Harris stated that we had a squad that could cope with injuries due to the fact that there was cover for every injury scenario.
SUSSEX DAGGER

You stand more chance of getting the truth from a Party political broadcast then you do at those love ins.

23 players for at least 49 games was never going to be enough.

Surprised how many of you get taken in by all the bullshit.
Mark

Hardly any club has more than 23 full time professionals. Bromley have barely changed their team all season.

We should have gone with 15 or 16 quality players, a few youngsters, some of whom can go on loan unless we're desperate, and leave space in the budget for loans as and when we need to plug gaps.
len

hockley dagger wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:36 pm Just seen a stat which suggests we are the 26th best supported non league side. Worrying
I don't know why that should be a surprise to you as we are traditionally a non league club with attendances that are affected greatly by our close proximity to West Ham and the fact that you can get cheapish season tickets behind the goal there. When we were in the football league our attendances went up a bit on the home front but mainly because there were a bigger following of away fans attending.
hockley dagger

I'm not surprised. A combination of poor entertainment and a team that finishes lower each year with big new grounds at Spurs and Stratford will inevitably lead to a drop in gates. I'm worried, as why would the Americans continue to invest if the locals aren't interested?
Of course £21 for a seat makes it too expensive for many.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:12 am You stand more chance of getting the truth from a Party political broadcast then you do at those love ins.

23 players for at least 49 games was never going to be enough.

Surprised how many of you get taken in by all the bullshit.
23 players for a season should be more than enough if you have the right ones in the first place.

The season we won the Conference we had 15 players play more than 20 games, with 11 of those playing 35 or more.
There were injury problems during that season and we sold two players in January.

Our squad is too big and bloated with having two many similar players that are just like for like swaps.