House on Fire.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Shot By Both Sides wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:21 am Couldn't see a match thread. Just wanted to say that you've a great club going there. Some grounds you come away thinking they were dross, D&R is looking good and now you are back in to the play-off picture. So despite the result that you fully deserved, the stewards and police were really hospitable and why I've given you all a decent write up. We were asked to give Brian East a helping hand with the send off and our fans sure did. As for the game, shame we let the House go but as this thread suggests, he was on fire! Best wishes for the season. :clap:

https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/11/1 ... ere-we-go/
Nice little write up there!
Shot By Both Sides

EssexDagger! wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:08 pm
Shot By Both Sides wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:21 am Couldn't see a match thread. Just wanted to say that you've a great club going there. Some grounds you come away thinking they were dross, D&R is looking good and now you are back in to the play-off picture. So despite the result that you fully deserved, the stewards and police were really hospitable and why I've given you all a decent write up. We were asked to give Brian East a helping hand with the send off and our fans sure did. As for the game, shame we let the House go but as this thread suggests, he was on fire! Best wishes for the season. :clap:

https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/11/1 ... ere-we-go/
Nice little write up there!
Cheers. Not usually the done thing to join a rival club's forum but if you have something positive to say, then it must be done. I did get a reply from Steve Thompson your MD which was refreshing as a lot of clubs ignore emails (yes you Harrogate!). Anyway our clubs do have much in common, the '92 connection for one. Also, I think blogs are a good way of offering fans an alternative read. Who knows, in the future someone might do one for Daggers fans!
BB-Dagger

Not a bad read, and it didn’t go unnoticed that all of the Aldershot supporters stood and applauded the minutes tribute, well done!
Also considering you were getting a thumping a big thumbs up for those staying until the end.
Shot By Both Sides

BB-Dagger wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:03 am Not a bad read, and it didn’t go unnoticed that all of the Aldershot supporters stood and applauded the minutes tribute, well done!
Also considering you were getting a thumping a big thumbs up for those staying until the end.
It was pretty one-sided but mostly because the reflection was on our own ineptitude.

My reports are not always like that and what I should have pencilled in was the quality of all the Daggers goals.

Particularly that fifth one, the free kick over the wall.

When sides play such simple but effective football as you did, we wonder why our players can never do it.

The truth is the ones we have aren't really up to the standard of this division and we don't have the cash to buy better.

Most of us stayed until the death, our main singers walked out at half-time.

And yes, I applauded the full minute for Brian, as a cricket fan especially.

But moreover I think I am an honest and decent football fan and like to give credit where it's due; after all there's too much moaning going on in the world isn't there?