Brian East - Minutes Applause

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

This is a reminder that there will be a minutes applause before the game with Aldershot on Saturday, 16th November, to remember our dear friend and former Joint President, Brian East.

Please make it a rousing round of applause and encourage others around you to join it. Brian and his family have done so much for the club over the years, and at times kept us afloat.

I understand that John and Robin and others from Brian's family will be joining us at the game. Let's show our appreciation in the best way possible.

The earlier thread about Brian can be found here:-
https://www.viewsfromthesieve.co.uk/vie ... f=2&t=4105
dagger4eva

Fantastic tribute to Brian and a brilliantly supported minutes applause.

Was a bit disappointng not to have been allowed the Brian East rip banner into the ground. All a bit unnecessary tbh.

What a result the team got for him though - he wouldve been completely chuffed!
Auntie Merge

Agree.

Fantastic tribute to Brian and I thought the mixture of silence in the ground followed by the applause and then the theme from Test Match Special was poignant.
Well done to the club and Mike on the PA for those eloquent words.
I thought the advert from the Supporters Club in the programme was a fitting tribute to
a man we all owe so much to.

It was as though Brian was with us, especially when we scored in the 6th minute. He
almost helped us get my dream result; I don’t think I will ever forget our celebration of Brian’s life.

But it cannot go unmentioned that the spiteful element of the club banned the banner. I thought Peter Freund had knocked all that silliness on the head and ‘would always do the right thing’. The right thing would have been to allow the banner. If I knew how to easily add a graphic as a header I would add that image,
as it is so brilliant.

Appalling behaviour from a Managing Director; he even stayed in the bar until the game had started. If you cannot be the bigger person and show full respect for the dead and bereaved you don’t have the right to be in a position where you are managing the living. Particularly as without the East family, there wouldn’t be a club to manage.

(counts to 10 and waits for club’s usual puppet to bite).
Diggerthedog

An Aston Villa supporter can bring their own giant flag into a game his team is not even playing in but our own fans can’t pay tribute to a wonderful man. Sad and pathetic.
RampantDuke

One thing I will say about Peter Freund is that he appears to be a very astute business man with a pretty high level of emotional intelligence. In my experience, substandard executives are usually found out eventually. If Peter Freund and Craig Unger noticed that level of pettiness and disrespect at the game yesterday from the MD then I am sure it will only have helped them along their journey of realising what they really have at the helm of the club. I actually think they must be biding their time before bringing a professional in to run the operation. They are very well connected, I am sure it won't be long.

The atmosphere yesterday at the club was fantastic, great to see some old faces like Jinking Gerry Hanning back in the house and of course the East family. Bringing in a new MD, probably from the USA, will deliver that kind of vibe instantly and we might have that feel good factor back every week :-)
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Chigwellian

I can only reiterate all the comments above..
The MD was an utter disgrace yesterday and the only person he embarrassed yesterday, was himself.
The sooner the owners replace him, the better it will be for everyone.
As for the flag, I think we should take the Brian east flag to our away games.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:28 am Agree.

Fantastic tribute to Brian and I thought the mixture of silence in the ground followed by the applause and then the theme from Test Match Special was poignant.
Well done to the club and Mike on the PA for those eloquent words.
I thought the advert from the Supporters Club in the programme was a fitting tribute to
a man we all owe so much to.

It was as though Brian was with us, especially when we scored in the 6th minute. He
almost helped us get my dream result; I don’t think I will ever forget our celebration of Brian’s life.

But it cannot go unmentioned that the spiteful element of the club banned the banner. I thought Peter Freund had knocked all that silliness on the head and ‘would always do the right thing’. The right thing would have been to allow the banner. If I knew how to easily add a graphic as a header I would add that image,
as it is so brilliant.

Appalling behaviour from a Managing Director; he even stayed in the bar until the game had started. If you cannot be the bigger person and show full respect for the dead and bereaved you don’t have the right to be in a position where you are managing the living. Particularly as without the East family, there wouldn’t be a club to manage.

(counts to 10 and waits for club’s usual puppet to bite).
Very well put Auntie Mege .