Time for Action

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
redboy

As we approach the half way point of the season, the owners must be concerned about our position. Whilst the majority of National League Clubs enjoy another day out in the FA Cup, we face a tricky trip to Stockport. The shocking performance in the last round, not to mention missing out on a significant cash windfall cannot have gone amiss.

The investments made off the pitch are fine. The clubhouse looks very nice, but if there is no comparative improvement on the pitch, do we honestly care? Many clubs over the years have spent vast amounts on new stadiums, stands etc., but that has also corresponded with a demise in performances, relegation and extinction. For several years the club has been in a downward spiral, flirting with financial ruin. So why invest in a club and keep the board that has overseen this? I've been involved in managing several businesses and one of the key factors is employing the right people. Do they honestly think they have the best people for the job in the important roles? I am concerned at the obvious lack of knowledge in National League football and who is advising them? If these guys are serious about moving this club forward, then they need to consider where we are and where we're going.

We are the 5th lowest scorers in the league and still no sign of a decent goal scorer. Even when we were struggling under John Still, Jamie Cureton gave us hope. Averaging just over a goal a game isn't good enough and waiting until the transfer window will be too late. There must be people available for loan that we can utilise. The league is mediocre this year. There are no Orients, Salfords, Tranmere etc and looking back to when we won it, it wouldn't take that much to invest in more players and give it a good go.

Looking at the squad, can anyone identify a player that can be sold for a six figure fee in the near future? I'd rather have raw talent in the team showing promise than a journeyman like Quigley. I've never been against us developing players for a couple of seasons and selling them on, but that prospect seems a thing of the past.

Rant nearly other. I'm thankful that we have owners, however I am concerned about the structure of the club and how much of what is going on gets back to them. It's time to bring in new people, no more so than an ambitious and talented manager who can motivate the players rather than the dinosaur we've got.
NBDag

Good to see some new discussion being brought to the forum.