Way to get rid of the owners chaps!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

Let's just hope that our American owners are not reading this forum because if I was them my thoughts would be - ungrateful bastards. Time to f*** off and leave them in the same shit they were in when we took over.

Let's try and look at this with a bit of common sense and not through the eyes of spoilt brat football fans (all football fans in the world expect the moon on a stick, including me!)

The owners have come in and put a lot of money behind this team. Has it been spent very wisely? Some of it has ie. Balanta, Clark, Odametey (probably), Wilkinson and some of it hasn't ie. Quigley. Other signings have been a bit of a disappointment ie. Brundle, Grant, Dobson, Luque but nobody thought they were bad signings in the summer and I didn't hear anyone moaning in July about them. We now have 3 of our best players out injured and it is making a massive difference.

Is Peter Taylor the right manager to take us forward? I personally don't think so but do you think that the Americans are sitting in Memphis laughing about what is going on? They will be just as concerned about it as we are (believe it or not probably more coz it's their dosh at stake). Will they do something about it? Yes, but maybe not immediately. As other people have pointed out this is a long term project and if you wanted a quick fix funded by a coke riddled freak show then you know what you should have voted for.

As for the developments to the ground - why does this have to be mutually exclusive? They HAVE spent money on the team so why not ALSO invest in sprucing the ground up? Perhaps they should have given the money for the seats, scoreboard, shop to Taylor to spunk up on another shit/injured player but there has to be some kind of balance.

There is a lot of frustration around the club right now but having cheap shots at the people who came in and saved the club is a perfect way to send them packing and then you will all be moaning about why owners never stick around (if there is a club any more).
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Ally Fraser

I’m very grateful of their investment, but it’ll be wasted if we’re in the Conference South. Whilst Thompson and Taylor are at the club we won’t improve or attract more fans.
Diggerthedog

RampantDuke wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:10 am Let's just hope that our American owners are not reading this forum because if I was them my thoughts would be - ungrateful bastards. Time to f*** off and leave them in the same shit they were in when we took over.

Let's try and look at this with a bit of common sense and not through the eyes of spoilt brat football fans (all football fans in the world expect the moon on a stick, including me!)

The owners have come in and put a lot of money behind this team. Has it been spent very wisely? Some of it has ie. Balanta, Clark, Odametey (probably), Wilkinson and some of it hasn't ie. Quigley. Other signings have been a bit of a disappointment ie. Brundle, Grant, Dobson, Luque but nobody thought they were bad signings in the summer and I didn't hear anyone moaning in July about them. We now have 3 of our best players out injured and it is making a massive difference.

Is Peter Taylor the right manager to take us forward? I personally don't think so but do you think that the Americans are sitting in Memphis laughing about what is going on? They will be just as concerned about it as we are (believe it or not probably more coz it's their dosh at stake). Will they do something about it? Yes, but maybe not immediately. As other people have pointed out this is a long term project and if you wanted a quick fix funded by a coke riddled freak show then you know what you should have voted for.

As for the developments to the ground - why does this have to be mutually exclusive? They HAVE spent money on the team so why not ALSO invest in sprucing the ground up? Perhaps they should have given the money for the seats, scoreboard, shop to Taylor to spunk up on another shit/injured player but there has to be some kind of balance.

There is a lot of frustration around the club right now but having cheap shots at the people who came in and saved the club is a perfect way to send them packing and then you will all be moaning about why owners never stick around (if there is a club any more).
I totally get your post about the improvements in and around the ground should not be sniffed at and are a very welcome sight. I honestly think the new owners know very little other than what they are being told, which is not their fault. I don’t think anyone is acting like spoilt brats we’re all long in the tooth and know a poor manager when we see one. You mention about 3 players out with injury one of them Phipps only got back in the team due to injury and is one of our best players but was frozen out by the manager for he majority of last season and the first part of this, just like Liam Gordon who you can’t expect to improve when he is in and out the team like the oke cokey.

We’ve been here before with a poor manager being given FAR too long, the M.D. watches every game but does not report back with honest views that’s it’s actually quite boring and crap, either he is very stubborn or knows fcuk all about football. The last time this happened we succumbed our football league place, this time in an absolutely dreadful division we’re struggling to score goals (even with Balanta) which will only end one way. Failure (no play offs, owners goal for the season).

The second half of last season should have been enough of a wake up call, instead we stick with the same old and give the man a 2 year deal, sounds familiar.
Alan

My understanding is that the owners receive a full video of each game.

The squad lacks a goal scorer and anyone creative in midfield. Quigley isn’t a goal scorer, he’s a target man. The others need to learn to play off a target man when Quigley plays and we need to get in some crosses from decent positions, because there’s no point people expecting Quigley to turn into Messi.
RampantDuke

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:55 am
RampantDuke wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:10 am Let's just hope that our American owners are not reading this forum because if I was them my thoughts would be - ungrateful bastards. Time to f*** off and leave them in the same shit they were in when we took over.

I totally get your post about the improvements in and around the ground should not be sniffed at and are a very welcome sight. I honestly think the new owners know very little other than what they are being told, which is not their fault. I don’t think anyone is acting like spoilt brats we’re all long in the tooth and know a poor manager when we see one. You mention about 3 players out with injury one of them Phipps only got back in the team due to injury and is one of our best players but was frozen out by the manager for he majority of last season and the first part of this, just like Liam Gordon who you can’t expect to improve when he is in and out the team like the oke cokey.

We’ve been here before with a poor manager being given FAR too long, the M.D. watches every game but does not report back with honest views that’s it’s actually quite boring and crap, either he is very stubborn or knows fcuk all about football. The last time this happened we succumbed our football league place, this time in an absolutely dreadful division we’re struggling to score goals (even with Balanta) which will only end one way. Failure (no play offs, owners goal for the season).

The second half of last season should have been enough of a wake up call, instead we stick with the same old and give the man a 2 year deal, sounds familiar.
The Thompson thing does baffle me too and I think this is where Peter and Craig have shown a little bit of naivety. They have known him from the start and have shown a lot of faith in him but as smart business people I would expect them to have looked at that by now and moved Thommo 'upstairs' while they bring in a younger, more dynamic and forward thinking MD. That person would hopefully be stronger when it comes to hiring and firing managers.

A few people, however, have put in some digs about the ground improvements and scoreboard etc. which I find amazing - all these guys are doing is trying to make the place more attractive and welcoming to new fans. We should be over the moon with that side of it. The overall business and football side will improve in time.
Dag82

Agreed, having pops about the ground improvements, is a bit bizarre really, and more importantly is taking the focus away
from where it should be wright now, which is on the pitch.

Totally agree, that they are not being given the full story, about how things are going, performance wise, its all "lets take the positives", as we fail miserably to win another game.

They need there own man, whose ruthless enough, to push us on, its just clearly not there at the moment.
Mike the Dagger

RampantDuke wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:01 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:55 am

The Thompson thing does baffle me too and I think this is where Peter and Craig have shown a little bit of naivety. They have known him from the start and have shown a lot of faith in him but as smart business people I would expect them to have looked at that by now and moved Thommo 'upstairs' while they bring in a younger, more dynamic and forward thinking MD. That person would hopefully be stronger when it comes to hiring and firing managers.

A few people, however, have put in some digs about the ground improvements and scoreboard etc. which I find amazing - all these guys are doing is trying to make the place more attractive and welcoming to new fans. We should be over the moon with that side of it. The overall business and football side will improve in time.
Lets not forget that these guys have been starting a new football club in Memphis at the same time as taking us over. Quite possibly that has taken some time and focus off the Daggers particularly as they effectively saw job done last season, we stayed up comfortably in the end. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them get more involved over the coming months having watched how things are done for about a year now.

They have a big name manager that they like and trust and have given him time to build with the stated aim to get to the playoffs at least. It is not long since he took the club on a long unbeaten run.

It is also my understanding that they watch evey game on either a live feed or on a recording. They have also been over several times and are next over on the 16th November.

I would suggest that if we continue to slide back down the table things will be looked at in reasonably short order, but they don't seem panicers to me.

As for all the continuing political bollocks that they keep getting dragged in to by the same old people, I think Peter Freund's frustration with some at the last fans forum says a lot.

People managed to drive away one owner in Glyn Hopkin, yet don't seem, to have learned the lesson.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Perhaps you care to tell us " What Political bollocks" they have been dragged into
Oxhead

Yes, nonsense about programme sellers getting free entry.
The team are not quite good enough at the moment but then you can’t really expect eleven new players to all work out. There ‘s a long way to go this season and one or two new players around Christmas time could make a big
difference. If not be patient we’ll do it next season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Surely a disagreement about a few match
day helpers is not enough to deter them , if something as trivial as that is proven to be the case then the Club is not in the safest of hands after all . God help us
Alan

It’s not just that though, is it Sussex there’s a moan about the position of the scoreboard, a moan about the signage, a moan about the seats, moans that they’re not watching games and being deceived by thommo, moans about the manager. here a moan, there a moan, everywhere a moan moan.

We nearly didn’t have a club a little over a year ago. Perspective people.
SUSSEX DAGGER

My comment was made in jest about the scoreboard. Personally I.find them along with TV Commentators the most pointless thing in football ,lets face it football is hardly like cricket or basketball and you have to ask yourself if you cant keep up with the score should you really be watching.
Dont know if it shows anything other then the score because us who stand on Bury Road cant see it .
As for the Manager well he does seem to be disapointing a few, as in the case of Wayne all the time he is Manager of Dagenham.and Redbridge he will continue to get my support but it wont stop me commenting or asking questions which is far removed from wanting him sacked.
Alan

I wasn’t directing that at any moans you’ve made, more at the general moaning.
stanton101

Personally I think they've done a cracking job so far regarding the ground improvements. What us as fans think about the manager is immaterial, it's up to the people in charge to do the hiring and firing.
RampantDuke

I recently found out that one of my clients is a very close friend of Glyn Hopkin. Without any prompting he told me that the reason Glyn left the club was because he was sick of the squabbling and moaning by a certain section of the fan base. Before everyone starts shouting bollocks, and whether you believe it or not, that is what he is telling his inner circle, not peddling some PR shit to cover his arse to the wider world. The bloke I was talking to said that if it was about money then he would have definitely said that to his family and friends. It got me thinking that whatever you might want to think, the constant moaning and petty sniping around the club didn't help in that situation and perhaps it has a more detrimental effect on owners than you believe.

Let's just all get behind this mob while they are here because I don't think there is anything better waiting in the wings.