Peter must go!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwelldagger

Agreed. I hope the owners do read all this. We are truly greatful!

The issues with the club are not with the amazing Americans it’s with the other old dead wood holding the club back.
Mark

Agree Adrian. The league position could easily be anywhere between about 5th and 20th because the league is so volatile. It's more about what we're seeing when we come to watch.

I wanted Wayne gone even when we were mid table in league two because it was tedious. I could see it would eventually fall apart because logically there's no way that standard of football being served up could sustain a place in the football league. I don't think he ever had the capacity to take us forward.

I feel quite similar now. I don't think Taylor will ever get it right, at least not for a sustained period. We are boring, predictable, slow all over the pitch. He's continually spent the budget on players that aren't good enough and some without even the required character. As a squad we are quiet, meek, physically smaller than our opponents.

So yes our league position isn't terrible. But there's no way Taylor will ever take us forward as far as I can see.
Daggernewbie

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:13 am
Chigwelldagger wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:06 am I am seriously an considering after 20 years of daggers not attending for a while. It’s been a depressing 5 years over Vitoria road. Now even with amazing American backers, it’s clear the board and our manager are incompetent.

The question is, are the Americans in a position to get rid of the old and in the with new? People wise.

The clubhouse, new seats and changes that have been made are amazing for the club and we are all so greatfull.

🤷🏼‍♂️
You won’t be the first and will certainly not be the last of current trends continue.

Many already have numbers at the back of the Away stand have dropped by a good 30-40 since the season started £21 pay on day price don’t help but the main excuse is the manager. Many I know are missing away games too, when you know the inevitable negative set up it’s an easy decision to make.
Yes Diggerthedog I know for a fact that away support has dropped off.There are many regulars who are not attending away games and I`ve also noticed a drop of supporters in the A13 stand.
NickMurphy

Mark wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:25 pm Agree Adrian. The league position could easily be anywhere between about 5th and 20th because the league is so volatile. It's more about what we're seeing when we come to watch.

I wanted Wayne gone even when we were mid table in league two because it was tedious. I could see it would eventually fall apart because logically there's no way that standard of football being served up could sustain a place in the football league. I don't think he ever had the capacity to take us forward.

I feel quite similar now. I don't think Taylor will ever get it right, at least not for a sustained period. We are boring, predictable, slow all over the pitch. He's continually spent the budget on players that aren't good enough and some without even the required character. As a squad we are quiet, meek, physically smaller than our opponents.

So yes our league position isn't terrible. But there's no way Taylor will ever take us forward as far as I can see.
Agree with all of this. I'd also add that we've developed into quite a streaky team under Taylor, after going unbeaten in 11 we've now lose four from five - including to Carshalton. That's not the sort of team you need to be if you want to go for promotion.

I'll also add that the few times I've enjoyed watching us this season it has generally been when Taylor has abandoned his core principles in favour of being more attacking.
NBDag

I think our owners are aware of the situation and I have faith that they will act accordingly when they see fit. None of us know what is going on behind the scenes, which I doubt is the club idly standing by whilst the team struggle. I think the owners are smart enough to not sack a manager without a replacement lined up, which I feel like some on here are expecting them to do!

In terms of replacements I still think Garrard and Strevs are the obvious choices. Maybe Tim Howard may use his connections to bring in a recent ex-prem star to be our manager, as is now the fashion it seems. Rio Ferdinand anyone? :eh:
stanton101

NBDag wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:39 pm I think our owners are aware of the situation and I have faith that they will act accordingly when they see fit. None of us know what is going on behind the scenes, which I doubt is the club idly standing by whilst the team struggle. I think the owners are smart enough to not sack a manager without a replacement lined up, which I feel like some on here are expecting them to do!

In terms of replacements I still think Garrard and Strevs are the obvious choices. Maybe Tim Howard may use his connections to bring in a recent ex-prem star to be our manager, as is now the fashion it seems. Rio Ferdinand anyone? :eh:
Well at least he'd sort out our defending.
Dag82

Mark wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:25 pm Agree Adrian. The league position could easily be anywhere between about 5th and 20th because the league is so volatile. It's more about what we're seeing when we come to watch.

Totally agree with all of this, we lost our EFL place, because they wouldn't axe Burnett, until was far too late, and now we are absolutely heading the same way again.

The season is drifting away to mid table, sub 1000 crowds, unless owners act NOW.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lets look as we have a glass half full and not half empty.
Next three games are all winnable , well should be if we really have aspirstions of promotion.
Win those three and we are at worst only 6 points off the top at exaxtly thethalf half way point.
We all know we have spunked those 6 points , Bromley at home would have made it only four if we had hung on so a bit of appalling refeeeing has cost us.
Despite how bad we have been.it just shows how poor this League is that we are in our current position , which as I say could have been even better if we had not had such a bad call.
Looking at our next bunch of games if we get that Striker in , remember this time last year Wilko was not here , it is not daft to suggest that we could be as high as top after New years day. That will hide the awfull truth but is still in the realms of possability.
Time to Unite and get behind the team in my opinion this month six weeks could define our season.
DevonDagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:28 pm Lets look as we have a glass half full and not half empty.
Next three games are all winnable , well should be if we really have aspirstions of promotion.
Win those three and we are at worst only 6 points off the top at exaxtly thethalf half way point.
We all know we have spunked those 6 points , Bromley at home would have made it only four if we had hung on so a bit of appalling refeeeing has cost us.
Despite how bad we have been.it just shows how poor this League is that we are in our current position , which as I say could have been even better if we had not had such a bad call.
The league this year is absolutely there for the taking for someone. It wouldn't surprise me if Salford or Orient would've been about 10 points clear by now if one of them failed to get promoted last season. This is why I'm personally so frustrated to see us potentially missing out with a whimper.

With regards to being positive, I would agree, even in 14th at this stage we could still top the league by the end, no problem. The problem is the performances - even during the unbeaten run - are not exactly an indicator that we will get anywhere near that.

I'm also not completely sold that simply signing a striker will be the answer to everything.