One step forward and Two steps back

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BarkingRambo

Annoying we didn't turn up till we were 2 down but thought we did ok after that just shame we were against one of the better teams to come here in a while. I don't know why Barrow felt the need to start kicking the ball away from the 30th min considering they are good enough to play most of this league off the pitch.

We got in as many good attacking positions as they did but they have players that can find the net that we don't. Need to find a way of getting shooting confidence in the team, how many times will the midfield get in a good position to then lose it trying to pass to a forward.
Daggerman

This season is possibly the best chance for an average team to get out of this division, we are well below average and I put it mostly down to tactics and there has to be a change sooner rather than later. Nobody deserved the man of the match last night it should have been announced that nobody was worthy, going back to the subject of promotion can you imagine this lot playing in league 2?? Getting a pasting every week crowd dropping to under 1k the owners would pull the plug and walk away and with the results they are currently getting on their investment who could blame them, my summing up in last night... S#1te
Richie

Huge over-reactions on this thread IMO. Obviously the start was poor, but Barrow are a good side. And then once we made the change we were the better team. That was nowhere near the worst performance I've seen over the years, Borehamwood in the cup last season is one that stands out as truly awful.

I do agree with the Brundle and Dobson comments though, a partnership of Brundle and Robinson simply doesn't work and Brundle is definitely the weaker link and should be dropped if either Phipps or Harold were fit. And same for Dobson, McQueen would certainly offer more IMO.
LondonDagger

Dismal from Taylor and Co again. A poor side with no ambition and 3 players who will actually work. The league is at the weakest it will be for some time and we still have that dinosaur in charge. He is genuinely a pathetic excuse for a manager and needs to be booted out ASAP.

Barrow weren't the 'Brazilian esque' team that i saw someone refer to them as. They were average for 60 minutes? We are just a poor team with poor players,bar Balanta and Justham. Taylor Out.
EssexDagger!

I do wonder how many more losses the owners are going to accept before they say enough is enough, or even how many more games we fail to even score in?

We obviously need a new striker and now a central midfielder seeing as Harold is out for the season and Phipps never being able to stick around for more than a few weeks, do the owners stick and give Taylor & Harris more dosh to spend or twist and tell them they have wasted enough cash on average players at this level.
Diggerthedog

EssexDagger! wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:18 pm I do wonder how many more losses the owners are going to accept before they say enough is enough, or even how many more games we fail to even score in?

We obviously need a new striker and now a central midfielder seeing as Harold is out for the season and Phipps never being able to stick around for more than a few weeks, do the owners stick and give Taylor & Harris more dosh to spend or twist and tell them they have wasted enough cash on average players at this level.
Bit harsh on Phipps was available for selection the back end of last season but was just not picked by Dippydocus.

Taylor's win percentage now at 33.33 percent since he took charge, you could give him a few percent for the start of last season if being generous. Only 5 other teams have scored less than us in this god awful division. You could argue we have a good defensive record but you cant win games if you don't score goals.

Next two games against teams doing ok both away from home and probably without Balanta,whats the plan B? Reckon we could see a new manager come Aldershot home match, Tim Howard anyone :grin:
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:16 pm
EssexDagger! wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:18 pm I do wonder how many more losses the owners are going to accept before they say enough is enough, or even how many more games we fail to even score in?

Bit harsh on Phipps was available for selection the back end of last season but was just not picked by Dippydocus.

Taylor's win percentage now at 33.33 percent since he took charge, you could give him a few percent for the start of last season if being generous. Only 5 other teams have scored less than us in this god awful division. You could argue we have a good defensive record but you cant win games if you don't score goals.

Next two games against teams doing ok both away from home and probably without Balanta,whats the plan B? Reckon we could see a new manager come Aldershot home match, Tim Howard anyone :grin:
Right now, I'd probably take Frankie Howard over this gobshite.
Mike the Dagger

Richie wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:09 pm Huge over-reactions on this thread IMO. Obviously the start was poor, but Barrow are a good side. And then once we made the change we were the better team. That was nowhere near the worst performance I've seen over the years, Borehamwood in the cup last season is one that stands out as truly awful.

I do agree with the Brundle and Dobson comments though, a partnership of Brundle and Robinson simply doesn't work and Brundle is definitely the weaker link and should be dropped if either Phipps or Harold were fit. And same for Dobson, McQueen would certainly offer more IMO.
The voice of reason.

Interesting that the game changed when Joe Quigley came on. Had Quigley been on from the start I expect all our idiots would haev been on his back and the defeat would have been his fault, however because Taylor changed it early on, its on the manager who "doesn't know what he's doing."

We should have got back in the game straight after that but Dobson's shot was too close to the keeper. That would have totally changed the game.

We are short of a goalscorer and a creative midfielder... as was discussed by Taylor and the owners at the recent fans forum. The right players, particularly those sort of players, do not grow on trees.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:39 pm
Richie wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:09 pm Huge over-reactions on this thread IMO. Obviously the start was poor, but Barrow are a good side. And then once we made the change we were the better team. That was nowhere near the worst performance I've seen over the years, Borehamwood in the cup last season is one that stands out as truly awful.

The voice of reason.

Interesting that the game changed when Joe Quigley came on. Had Quigley been on from the start I expect all our idiots would haev been on his back and the defeat would have been his fault, however because Taylor changed it early on, its on the manager who "doesn't know what he's doing."

We should have got back in the game straight after that but Dobson's shot was too close to the keeper. That would have totally changed the game.

We are short of a goalscorer and a creative midfielder... as was discussed by Taylor and the owners at the recent fans forum. The right players, particularly those sort of players, do not grow on trees.
Quigley's job in the main is to score goals, he does not do that. Dinosaur started the game set up incorrectly and had to change it, we we're two nil down all his own fault (Luque in the hole) and not the first time he has had to do that. I thought he was so experienced that he would know what to do. He and the MD failed to recruit well enough in the summer, both their fault, the players were out there Tishimanga, Murphy etc etc they failed to secure the signings needed for at least the play offs. Remember we currently have 4 options for left back yet cant cope with Balanta being out injured.

This has all the hallmarks of Burnett take 2, leave it too late and the seasons gone along with the floating fans we still have left. Boring dinosaur football, enjoy!
dagger4eva

Mike the Dagger wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:39 pm

Yeah - maybe those players don't grow on trees at the end of October (unless a unique situation like Conor Wilkinson arises) - but he had all summer, and a fairly substantial budget (for us) to go out and get a decent goalscorer. Any really good striker worth their salt, you would think, will already be tied down by a club.

The best he could come up with was a pace-less beanpole who works hard but has a goalscoring record on par with the late, great Shamir Mullings.
Oh and Reece Grant from would-be-relegated Aldershot.

I think many have recognised the early substitution had a positive effect but - as I've said already, the damage had already been done and not to mention Barrow had no desire, or need to 'go for it' as they were doing in the opening 30.

But never mind, lets just call those people trying to give some constructive criticism "idiots" eh ....
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:53 pm Quigley's job in the main is to score goals, he does not do that.
Is it? You have been in the team talks obviously.

Looks to me like Quigley's main job is to be a target and create chances for team mates. He did that very well on Tuesday, but the team mates couldn't finish. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

As for the rest of your rant, we know you don't like Taylor, you didn't even give him a chance when he had no money did you? The confrontation at Sutton away 2018 springs to mind.

Yes we could have recruited differently, are you aware that we didn't try, which is the implication. Again, its good to have an insight from inside the inner workings of the club like your good self.

Undoubtedly the curent run of injuries are massive blows. Clark is the lynchpin of the defence, Odametey was a promising signing that hasn't been fit enough to show his best yet and is now gone, possibly for the season, and Balanta is our best footballer. Phipps is another big miss too.

Your apparent belief that apparently no one inside the club is even trying to change things or recruit to fill the obvious holes makes no sense, unless you have some inside track. Do you?
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:13 pm
...people trying to give some constructive criticism ...
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:20 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:53 pm Quigley's job in the main is to score goals, he does not do that.
Is it? You have been in the team talks obviously.

Looks to me like Quigley's main job is to be a target and create chances for team mates. He did that very well on Tuesday, but the team mates couldn't finish. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

As for the rest of your rant, we know you don't like Taylor, you didn't even give him a chance when he had no money did you? The confrontation at Sutton away 2018 springs to mind.

Yes we could have recruited differently, are you aware that we didn't try, which is the implication. Again, its good to have an insight from inside the inner workings of the club like your good self.

Undoubtedly the current run of injuries are massive blows. Clark is the lynchpin of the defence, Odametey was a promising signing that hasn't been fit enough to show his best yet and is now gone, possibly for the season, and Balanta is our best footballer. Phipps is another big miss too.

Your apparent belief that apparently no one inside the club is even trying to change things or recruit to fill the obvious holes makes no sense, unless you have some inside track. Do you?
The money was already in the door at Sutton away last season Taylor and I actually believed he would change his set up but still waiting. He has been given plenty of chances to prove he is not a negative defensive dinosaur and had proved me right with his set up from the start of the season. People are voting with their feet see the attendances which are hugely troubling. Two holding midfielders at home, who we playing Barcelona?

In regards to the recruitment I understand some very good players were in for meetings and they all walked away after meeting with Taylor and Thompson, says it all really.

As for the recent injuries of which all teams have them, Barrow had some out the other night did not seem to trouble them did it.

I don't get your last sentence.
lupins

I understand some very good players etc..

Yet another unsubstantiated tittle tattle designed to belittle two people you just dont like

No evidence of this at all and how would you know why any player had gone elsewhere anyway

You wouldnt, its all tosh

If we signed Ronaldo you would moan it wasnt Messi
Diggerthedog

lupins wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:34 pm I understand some very good players etc..

Yet another unsubstantiated tittle tattle designed to belittle two people you just dont like

No evidence of this at all and how would you know why any player had gone elsewhere anyway

You wouldnt, its all tosh

If we signed Ronaldo you would moan it wasnt Messi
How do you know it's tosh? You don't. It's not designed to belittle anyone, they managed to do that with the jobs they're currently failing at.