One step forward and Two steps back

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

But I’m not surprised, Luque in the hole a player who two weeks ago was not good enough for the starting eleven. Oh so predictable, sack him and get the Barrow manager in, at least his team showed some balls, not sure we put a proper challenge in all night.

Brundle is the most overrated player we’ve signed for some time, we did better when he was injured. Glad I’ve sacked off Solihull as Taylor’s get out of free card Balanta won’t be about for a while.
leewilson

We lost to a good team tonight. Barrow will be up there in the top few providing they keep their manager.

We're average but we know that. Balanta's moments of magic help cover up that on occasions. His header on Saturday would not have been scored by anybody else on the pitch. I don't think we were bad tonight. There were 20 minutes where Barrow ultimately killed us but I thought we kept at it and the manager changed tactics accordingly and if Luque had shot a bit lower and Grant hadn't missed a sitter, it could have been a very different story.

Ultimately, I have to question the original team because McQueen and Gordan are sitting firmly on the bench when they offer more than Dobson and Wood for me.
Mark

Thought we were largely awful. The start especially was unacceptable and the reaction to going a goal down was non existent. Barrow knocked off massively after getting two ahead, had a couple of tough trips and probably realised we wouldn't score if they just sat behind the ball.

There a few players in this squad who simply do nowhere near enough to earn their place. I am sick of watching some of them to be honest, they are stealing their wages and should be sent down the road. Brundle and Dobson are two of the worst offenders.

The tactics and the team selection were wrong, yet again. Quigley was our best player. Grant for me showed again why he can't get a start. Very little reading of flicks, very little nuisance value, missed a sitter. Kandi is twice the player he is.

If Odametey is a long term absentee then we badly need to find a loan signing in midfield. I've no idea why McQueen is now in the bad books, last season he seemed to play regardless of form and now he can't get in above Dobson. On the left, take your pick because all the options contribute next to nothing to the game.
stanton101

If these players are the best this idiot can come up with, with his vast knowledge, contacts etc and backing from owners, then we may as well pack it in.
Totally wrong from start to finish. Our team look totally bereft of ideas all over the pitch. Take balanta out of this team and it's worse than ordinary.
If these owners can't see this, then I'm surprised they've gotten to be successful business people.
He makes Burnett look like Pep and that really is saying something.
dagger4eva

Lets not beat around the bush - that opening 30 minutes was as bad as it effing gets. Bossed like l havent seen us bossed for a hell of a long time.
Barrow looked as good as we looked dismal.
Running us ragged from front to back, and I thought we had an embarassing scoreline on the cards.

Then, at 2-0 down we made a change that seemed to have the desired effect. Whether it was the change itself, the fact Barrow took their foot off the gas, or a conbination of both, ive no idea. BUT, from there on in it was an even game and if only we had a damn striker capable of sticking the ball in the net from 2 yards we'd have got a draw or maybe even have nicked it.

Kandi was absolutely immense. Ran himself into the ground AGAIN and set up perfectly what should have been tow goals. It says alot that the best player 2 games in a row was someone who was out for the 2 months previous injured.

So frustrating its beyond belief because there are some positives when looking through the squad.

Whilst he corrected it to some extent with the early sub, today wasnt the 1st time Taylor got the starting lineup horribly wrong.

I also found his body language quite peculiar.
He literally spent the first 45 berating every single player, about every single thing.
He then came out 5 mins early at HT and sat on the end of the bench like a lost soul.
The 2nd half he hardly said or did a thing to his players. He seemed completely bereft of any hope or ideas.

I fear Balanta is gonna be out for quite a while and its hard to think were just gonna stumble across another striker to help shoot us up the table. What is for sure however is that Quigley and Grant arent answers.

Come back Wilko .. please !!!!
Last edited by dagger4eva on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Quigley was our best player - held the ball up well, linked up play, won lots of headers but the other forwards seemed incapable of playing off a target man.

Don’t know how Kandi and Lucque get so much love from supporters. If Quigley had given away the ball or crossed it like those two, or missed the chance Lucque missed, we’d never hear the last of it.

Dobson is dreadful. Brindle is dreadful.
EssexDagger!

& what the hell was the person smoking/drinking who gave the MOTM award to Bagasan Graham?? :eek: :eek:

As a team, it’s got to be one of the worst performances I have witnessed over Victoria road for some time, up there with the Boreham wood defeat back in august.
No fight, No creativity, No flair, No anticipation, No IDEA!!

It is a poor league this season in comparison to the past few seasons when the likes of Orient,Salford,Lincoln & Tranmere all worthy sides to get promoted, but this season there is not a stand out side or a particular team to be afraid of, so realistically on paper it looks it could be our best chance of getting out of this division, but judging by tonight and the games against Carlshalton,Hullbridge & Chorley... we couldn’t be further away!!!!! And with our budget to, it’s nothing short of farcical!
Dag82

Correct it is a joke, if our true ambition is to gain promotion this season, that is.

Fylde just sacked a manager who got them to the play off final last year, and won the FA Trophy.

Hartlepool are not accepting mid-table, and even Ebbsfleet, with there troubles, were not prepared to carry on
failing to get results with the current boss.

So, the question is, what's the ambition at our club, and what is the minimum requirement this season ??.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Same old story.

We were given a chasing for 25 of the first 30 minutes.

Untill we changed it we were looking at a drubing.

Barrow were excellent in that first half hour playing some of the best football I have seen this season. Their style was very pleasing to the eye last season, especially up there but they overplayed it and we mugged them at the death.
Tonight they were utterly ruthless and took the foot of the gas in my opinion at 2-0.

Once again we missed so many chances. The one that hit the bar is,unfortunate the one that went begging when Kandi put in a delightful cross that bounced in the six yard box is unforgiveable both Quigley and Grant were not even on their toes and made no effort to follow it
Neither Quigley or Grant to my mind are not prepared to gamble . Neither have any anticipation that any goalscorer has.

The quality they had tonight was clear they had finishers we had watchers
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

Barrow were probably the best team to come here all season. And with Dobson and Brundle starting we were never going to win.

Top marks for effort to Robinson, Kandi and Quigley and I think Luque put in a decent shift.

Can’t see us finishing higher than mid table but to be fair this season has been far more enjoyable than last.

I don’t think Taylor will ever take us up, if the yanks are serious I’d imagine they might look for a better manager equipped with knowledge of the modern game. Still , Harris and Taylor are dinosaurs. I miss Wayne.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:37 pm Same old story.

We were given a chasing for 25 of the first 30 minutes.

Untill we changed it we were looking at a drubing.

Barrow were excellent in that first half hour playing some of the best football I have seen this season. Their style was very pleasing to the eye last season, especially up there but they overplayed it and we mugged them at the death.
Tonight they were utterly ruthless and took the foot of the gas in my opinion at 2-0.

Once again we missed so many chances. The one that hit the bar is,unfortunate the one that went begging when Kandi put in a delightful cross that bounced in the six yard box is unforgiveable both Quigley and Grant were not even on their toes and made no effort to follow it in.

The quality they had tonight was clear they had finishers we had watchers
The one that hit the bar Sussex was just shit finishing, not unfortunate, just shit.
stanton101

He says they'll be back in on Thursday to work on some things.
I know how about you work on tactics and team selection, you absolute cretin.
Better still, just piss off and take Harris with you.
NBDag

Absolutely dismal performance. 3 players that for me didn’t have awful games were Robbo, Manny and Quigley. Everyone else was shite. Prior to the game there were a lot of calls for Grant to get more time, and those calls need to stop. What did he actually offer when he came on last night? He has absolutely 0 understanding of where Quigley’s headers are going to go which is what we surely brought him on for.

Tactics were horrendous too. Before half time we had a spell of playing really quick passes and using our pace to get around their defence and it led to more chances in 5 minutes than the rest of the half prior. Yet after halftime we resorted to going back to hoofball, which whilst Quigley did his part to a certain extent, no one else was interested in running for it. It’s not acceptable, albeit not surprising.

Odametey out for the season is a huge loss, and where on Earth is Phipps? But I feel even with them back we just don’t have the talent or manager to get out of this league, despite its truly awful quality this year. The sooner the owners realise that, the better.
Dagdale

My first reflection on this game going back home was 'blimey how good are Torquay United now slamming four past this lot Saturday?' Make no mistake if they keep this momentum up we were looking last night at potential rulers of this League come April, no wonder Ian Evatt is the most 'looked at' Manager in this Division now. Those 69 die hard's couldn't be more thrilled of a sleepless night. Their No.8 Rooney class. Times they were passing the ball around like a 70's Brazilian national outfit and maybe a slight blessing to us dropped the gas. Really thought we were worth at least a goal and did try to pull it back a bit but we all know to succeed here we needed a Boxing day Orient way of doing things and it wasn't in the tank. Balanta could have made a slight difference back to the drawing board Peter & Tel and a radar in on a hungry striker.
Diggerthedog

I’d rather Taylor was not be given anymore money to spend, his recruiting of strikers this pre season was pathetic.

We’ve failed to score in 7 games so far this season, no team going for the play offs can be that toothless.