Brian East - Sad News

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

It is with deep sadness that I have to report that Brian East passed away on Friday.

Brian became a Vice-President of Dagenham and Redbridge FC, along with his brother John, towards the end of 1997, almost a year after their father Barry died.

Both Brian and John were invited to become Joint Presidents by Dave Andrews and Harry Hammond in 1999, an honour that both Brian and John were always immensely pleased and proud of.

At all times, be it President or Vice President, the East brothers always tried to do their best for the club. In the 2017 takeover, they were returned to Vice Presidents.

The East family had been involved with the club in one form or another since the days of Leytonstone FC. Brian once showed me a telegram from the club on the day he was born, welcoming him into the supporters club.

Over the years and through the mergers Brian and his brother John had repeatedly helped the club through hard times in the form of financial assistance and loans. He was known throughout the club as a friendly and approachable person and would talk to anyone. Both Brian and John were also huge fans of the Supporters Club and for many years have sponsored the printing of the Golden Goal tickets.

This is truly a very sad time for all of those involved in the club and who knew Brian.

I'll update this post with more information as and when I receive it.

Until then, RIP Brian East. You were a credit to Dagenham and Redbridge FC. My thoughts are with his family, his brother John and all who knew him.
IanC

Indeed very sad news RIP Brian
Mike the Dagger

Sad news indeed. RIP Brian.
RampantDuke

Very sad news. Lovely chap and always up for a chat.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
D@Rsupportersclubweb

This is such sad news. Rest In Peace Brian.

Please click on the link below to read the full Supporters Club statement about the passing of the Brian East.

https://daggerssc.wordpress.com/2019/10 ... rian-east/
dagger4eva

Truly a huge loss at what was a mightily fine gentleman, great personality, big heart and fine company.

Always loved a good natter with other supporters and was part of the Lee Goodwin consortium to save the daggers when we were in desperate need.

It hasnt been the same without him buzzing around the club these last few months and wont be the same without him from hereon.

Thoughts with John and the rest of their family. X
SUSSEX DAGGER

Very disappointed that a fitting tribute was not paid before the game on Tuesday night.
In fact I say it was disgraceful .
Diggerthedog

We all know why Sussex but I would not to belittle anyone.
Auntie Merge

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:24 pm Very disappointed that a fitting tribute was not paid before the game on Tuesday night.
In fact I say it was disgraceful .
I agree.
I asked Steve Thompson about it tonight at the Full members meeting, there will be no more than what has occurred.

It is SHAMEFUL that our former club president of over 20 years (and before) is not given the respect he deserves.
dagger4eva

Fcuking disgusting!!!!

Of course its nothing to do with it being anything personal .... not !!

Brian was a huge figure within the club, gave so much, and deserves to be honoured appropriately.

How dare anyone at the club deprive him and his family of that tiny little gesture.
Chigwellian

This is a copy of the tweet I sent to the Americans .
I hope they will put a stop to Steve Thompson's shocking behaviour.
Come on, please allow a minutes silence of a very respected gentleman

@MemphisGM @SportsHoldings @Dag_RedFC how dare the club not hold a minutes silence for a most respected former club president Brian East, who goes back to Leytonstone FC. I only hope it will be rectified at the next home game Vs Aldershot
Auntie Merge

I sent something similar last night.
https://twitter.com/suzannecollier/stat ... 57731?s=21

@SportsHoldings @MemphisGM It is shameful that there is no minutes silence or applause planned in memory of Brian East, our former Joint Club President. Without his family we wouldn’t have a club at the Daggers. I do hope you will rectify this.
John East

Good evening everyone,

I've read the forum for years, but never posted until now. I've been very moved by your kind words and comments and just wanted to come on here and thank you all. Brian loved this club, as I do, and the family association goes back to my father's first involvement with Leytonstone at the end of the war in 1945. I hope they will have the good grace to mark his passing properly.

Thank you all again for your kind messages, which are greatly appreciated by the family.
Daggernewbie

Lets see if we can get all supporters to do a minutes silence for Brian so if we spread the word maybe we can achieve it at our next home game against Aldershot .
Daggernewbie

A supporter came up with a better idea of around of applause and chanting his name.
Seeing he was 66 when he passed away I think that when the score board reaches the 66th minute that be the start as we can time the minute by it.What do you Daggers think of this idea ? if you agree spread the word.