Talk About A Kick In The Guts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just seen the reply on twitter by Peter B Feund to a fans question about our need for a Striker.
The reply is I quote " I dont want to rush in and sign another below average Striker, I am happy to wait for quality"

Never in my days have I seen such a crass comment and urge Mr Feund with respect to perhaps choose his words a bit more carefully .
What effect this will have if seen by our current crop of Strikers I can only imagine.

Think frustrstion is not only being shown by Supporters
NBDag

Think he has now deleted the comment as I can’t find it now. But yeah that’s a poor, albeit correct, choice in words from someone within the club. But that is the right attitude to have I suppose!

What confuses me though is that surely Tshimanga is the obvious choice. Boreham Wood’s chairman has indicated that he wants to start running the club more sustainably due to their fanbase. So surely they must be open to offers for him.
Dag82

Respect to you Mr Freund, prefer your comment, to listening to the 1 minute 40 seconds of drivel from Taylor.

I suspect you are a touch pissed off about the 18 Grand that you just lost, too a team just slightly above the pub leagues.
Mike the Dagger

Who is "Mr Feund"?

We know we are looking for the right players, were told at the fans forum, it isn't a surprise. They don't grow on trees though.
Ally Fraser

If I were the owner I’d feel right mugged off, if the likes of Quigley are being signed on two year contracts.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:49 pm Who is "Mr Feund"?

We know we are looking for the right players, were told at the fans forum, it isn't a surprise. They don't grow on trees though.
Ok you ostentatious prat , lets call him the idiot who decides on.a public forum to tell our current Strikers they are below average.
If I was one of those players I expect it from.fickle fans like us but I would not expect it from my employer.
What confidence or motivation will that give any of them . That s more important to me
then how I spell somebodys name.
RampantDuke

Damn straight. Well done Peter Freund for calling it as it is. He must be sick to the stomach that he has spent all this money on players who are just not gelling or firing right now. Whose fault is that? We have some very good players but watching them get deservedly turned over by a team 2 divisions below us when his aspirations are for us to be challenging at the top must be horrendous. He has every right to call a spade a spade. Time to toughen up. The reaction from the team on Saturday will surely decide whether the management are up to the job.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
SUSSEX DAGGER

RampantDuke wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 pm Damn straight. Well done Peter Freund for calling it as it is. He must be sick to the stomach that he has spent all this money on players who are just not gelling or firing right now. Whose fault is that? We have some very good players but watching them get deservedly turned over by a team 2 divisions below us when his aspirations are for us to be challenging at the top must be horrendous. He has every right to call a spade a spade. Time to toughen up. The reaction from the team on Saturday will surely decide whether the management are up to the job.
Surely Duke that is something he should be asking his Management , Management that he appears keen to support.
Just got worse Boston at home would have been the reward , a game we should have been confident of winning and then only one round from the potential riches of round three
Mark

Of course he'll publicly support the manager and would probably do the same to the players 99 times out of 100 but obviously he's been caught out making a slip this time. I'm sure behind closed doors he'll have a very clear idea of the action he'll take if we don't improve.
bloke down the pub

The next mone gate 150 +season tickets. Paid, + some freebies + aways.
DevonDagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:26 pm Just seen the reply on twitter by Peter B Feund to a fans question about our need for a Striker.
The reply is I quote " I dont want to rush in and sign another below average Striker, I am happy to wait for quality"

Never in my days have I seen such a crass comment and urge Mr Feund with respect to perhaps choose his words a bit more carefully .
What effect this will have if seen by our current crop of Strikers I can only imagine.

He didn't post this. One of our supporters tweeted this and Peter 'liked' it. Whether that makes it any better or worse I'll let you all fight over!
Mike the Dagger

This is the guy that saved our club. You could spell his name right, no?
stanton101

If I were him I'd be royally pissed off with what's going on atm. Being shat on at carshalton is one thing, being drip fed a lot of bollocks telling him how lucky we are to have buzz cut Charlie in charge is another. Unlike us stiff upper lip Brits who put up with any old cobblers, yanks don't take to kindly to throwing money away on rubbish, bought by an incompetent nitwit.
They haven't got to where they are today by being led a merry dance, they're winners no matter what sport at any level.
Dagger Steve

DevonDagger wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:11 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:26 pm Just seen the reply on twitter by Peter B Feund to a fans question about our need for a Striker.

He didn't post this. One of our supporters tweeted this and Peter 'liked' it. Whether that makes it any better or worse I'll let you all fight over!
Makes a huge difference, especially in regards to the original post of this thread which is libelous.

Reading something quickly and agreeing with the sentiment, is very different to taking the time to write a tweet and post it.