Are the owners aware ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Are the yanks aware what shite we’ve been swindled into signing up for ? All the talk preseason of winning the league and going up made me get an ST again after binning it for last season. We are going to do well to stay in this league with clueless Taylor and Harris. Honestly tonight was worse than the Woking game and I thought it couldn’t get worse than that. If we lose v Harrogate Saturday do you think they’ll stick with these 2 clowns ? Quigley is the worst player we’ve ever had come and have a look Yanks , come and see what you’ve bought on Saturday. Terrible !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

I really don’t think they do know what’s going on over here. Taylor must throw together one hell of a PowerPoint though to be receiving this much trust from them. God knows what he has sold them.

As for Quigley, first time I saw him tonight and didn’t seem to be any better or worse than Adeloye. Same effort, same output. Think his history has just made everyone’s mind up for him. Not the best. But nowhere near as bad as Mullings.
Chigwellian

After Saturday, I tweeted the yanks, but didn't get a reply ... I sent another one tonight.
EssexDagger!

Failed to score in 3 of our 4 matches now also...hardly a shot on target in any of those games from what I can remember apart from Dover (away)...
Surely our American owners haven’t invested all those dollars this summer to have a team no better if not worse than the one we had last season!! Apart from Brundle & Andrew Eleftheriou... i can’t see how any of the players Taylor has recruited are better than what we already had.
What has Harry Phipps got to do, to get a start in our midfield??!!

As bad as we have been tonight though , I can not condone those few idiots on twitter personally abusing each player, tweeting them all sorts of names, as bad as they played tonight, that personal abuse is hardly going to get them firing all cyclinders on Saturday. I can understand letting the players know that a performance like this is not going to be tolerated but calling players “c****, w*****s etc is just wrong IMO

Ps: how many more set pieces are we willing to give to our Centre Back/Right Back to overhit for goal kicks and throw ins! Surely there is a midfielder on the pitch or forward who can take a corner.
EssexDagger!

NBDag wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 pm I really don’t think they do know what’s going on over here. Taylor must throw together one hell of a PowerPoint though to be receiving this much trust from them. God knows what he has sold them.

As for Quigley, first time I saw him tonight and didn’t seem to be any better or worse than Adeloye. Same effort, same output. Think his history has just made everyone’s mind up for him. Not the best. But nowhere near as bad as Mullings.
To be fair to adeloye... he could hold the ball up a lot better than Quiqley, was better in the air than quigley and overall a lot better target man than Quiqley.

I feel for him being a young lad, but it’s plain for the world too see that he is not good enough at this level, (hence his previous record)
I cannot believe he was at Bournemouth only a few seasons ago!
Mark

I've seen nothing to suggest Brundle was worth signing. Early days and done well at this level before, but so far he's not for me.

Agree with NB about Quigley. He's just the poster boy of our current malaise. I don't really think he's any better or worse than some of the other poor forwards we've had over the last few years, some of which the fans seemed to like and some of which the fans disliked immediately.
RayleighDagger1986

Chigwellian wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:52 pm After Saturday, I tweeted the yanks, but didn't get a reply ... I sent another one tonight.
We should all tweet the owners
Daggerfrom70s

I’ve read a few comments where Taylor and Harris are lumped together. My take is that Taylor runs the show and they are playing his way and nothing will persuade him otherwise. Harris has a lot of experience at this level, Taylor has no recent experience.
Auntie Merge

Daggerfrom70s wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:12 pm I’ve read a few comments where Taylor and Harris are lumped together. My take is that Taylor runs the show and they are playing his way and nothing will persuade him otherwise. Harris has a lot of experience at this level, Taylor has no recent experience.
Yep. I’ve said this before. Harris has an excellent track record as a no 2 at this level. Taylor totally ignores him throughout the game - they do not speak. Taylor stands there with his arms folded and really looks like he does not want to be here at all.
ARNU

Why have a no2 if he can’t effect the decision making? I remember a good few seasons ago Still and Harris went on a 3 points out of a possible 54 run, which was just awful to watch. Surely you have to take responsibility if you’re the no2. Anyway the football they’re serving up is terrible. They should both go back to Jurassic park and let us get someone better.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
CharlieC

We were getting overrun in the midfield tonight so I see why the changes were made, but I do worry what being brought off after half hour will do for both Luque and Dobson’s confidence long-term (both of who have shown glimpses of quality). Could have changed the system for the remaining 15 minutes of the first half, and brought Kandi and Wright on for the second half.

I don’t think it would be productive to give a manager a budget to revamp the squad and then sack him after 5 games but Taylor is showing that it wasn’t just the lack of financial backing last season that left us in a poor position. I’d give him August, if we don’t have 10/11 points by the end of this month it’s definitely time for change.

Still hard to judge, but aside from Quigley (clearly out of his depth) and Graham (Gordon is twice the attacking full back/wing back he is), I definitely think there’s quality in this squad. However, currently our style of play is heavily dependent on a target man who just isn’t good enough for this level.

One positive tonight was Kandi, looked much more assured and confident on the ball. Still don’t think he’ll be a 15+ goal striker, but definitely looks more of an asset than he was last season.
Mark

The thing that disappointed me most about Dobson was his seeming lack of willingness to do the job he'd been asked, and actually track their full back. He had the body language of someone who simply didn't want to do it. Jogging when defending, sprinting when we get the ball. Playing full time football is a privilege that no other club has given him, so he should show a bit more hunger to do what the manager has asked. I am not at all surprised he was hooked.
stanton101

I told you lot last season this man shouldn't be in charge this season and was told by many, not all that he was the right man in charge, with his many connections in football and his knowledge of the lower leagues.
I have family and friends who are involved in the professional game whom for obvious reasons I can't name and all have said the same thing, great coach, awful manager.
And before we go off topic about the differences of a manager and a coach ask yourself this. Our manager brought that garbage you witnessed tonight to our club.
He should never have been given any kind of budget because he shouldn't be here in the first place.
Thanks for getting us out of a tight spot last season, but the time is right for you to leave now Mr Taylor.
This game of ours is a younger man's game now. You've had your time, it isn't working.
Sagres

Peter Freund tweeted -
"One to forget this evening at Victoria Road but I want to thank our fans for their incredible support as we work tirelessly to build a club we can all be proud of. I will now be over on the 24th at Eastleigh & the following match v. Yeovil".
Dagdale

Taking away the financial crises early last season where our backs were really against the wall are we in any better position than 4 years back at the end of the Burnett catastrophe. where's it gone wrong in all that time? Three of our newer players Clark, Brundle and Grant had previous clubs fans really up in arms on their prospective forums about their losses, wheres the problem now?