Boreham Wood (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Maybe I'm completely deluded or maybe it's just the fact it's my 1st game of the season and buzzing to see some live football again.

Nevertheless, I think we're going to be in for a comprehensive 3-0 win!

Anyone else feeling the optimism flowing through their veins?? :yay:
DI Mike Dashwood

Yep, agreed on all fronts, my first game of the season as well.

Am predicting a few beers, a 4-1 home win and a ruby after to finish the evening.

Good times.
ThatRoundThing

Not confident at all. But let’s all hope for a point at least.
We haven’t managed a win against them at Home in the last four meetings.
DaggerJoel11

The enthusiasm has been sucked out of me after the last two Saturdays, yet our good performance at Dover coupled with the fact that we're only three games in, makes me feel that we'll might nick at least a point tonight.
Last edited by DaggerJoel11 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
dagger4eva

dagger4eva wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:37 am Maybe I'm completely deluded or maybe it's just the fact it's my 1st game of the season and buzzing to see some live football again.

Nevertheless, I think we're going to be in for a comprehensive 3-0 win!

Anyone else feeling the optimism flowing through their veins?? :yay:
Well give me some credit, I guessed the right score line at least!

Just off home to paint the garden fence and then watch it dry in the dark - because ANYTHING has to be more exciting than that 90 minute shower of shite!! God help us.
stanton101

I know I said 10 games, but can I just give it 5 instead. This prick has to go.
Pissed off doesn't even come close.
NBDag

My first game this season and I left early. Don’t know when i’ll next go back and I’m a mug with a season ticket.

Taylor just has to go. Making those changes after 30 mins shows that he has completely got his tactics wrong, they only made one change from Saturday so it’s not like they caught us out with anything! Don’t care if people are crying that we’re only 4 matches in. He is inept. We know he is inept as we have seen it before. Brundle can’t pass. Graham isn’t a left back. Our strikers can’t score. Only player who deserves anything above a 5/10 rating is Kandi. The rest were dreadful.

Performances like tonight are not acceptable. But will things change? Let me look outside for some flying pigs...
BB-Dagger

Only players worth a mention are Kandi, Clark and Ballanta, all of the other new squad members apart from Luque and Dobson aren’t worth the effort of criticising, no heart, no effort NOT DAGGERS
HGDagger

Daryl McMahon in the crowd tonight :ninja:
AVincelotFlyingLeap

That foot race between Kandi and Femi will be the highlight of our season, mark my words
Auntie Merge

Thankfully i had several friends message me throughout the game about girly things, which was far more interesting and entertaining than what was on the pitch.

No interest, no inclination, no clue what to do next. Not sure if that is Taylor, 90% of the players, or me for Saturday.
rebeldagger

Well that was dreadful.

Was I only one that thought the view of the moon rising over the stadium was a better view then what we saw on the pitch ?
DI Mike Dashwood

Well, I enjoyed the beers before the game, and the ruby after, but the game was not the best was it!!!

First one I have seen this season, like D4E, so hard to judge individuals on 90 mins (or less in many cases).

The first goal was coming. We had hardly touched the ball for the five minutes before. I thought the changes actually helped. Obviously it looks a little village making changes after 30 minutes, and you have to ask why we set up as we did if it was so wrong, but as I say, I thought it helped. Of the two who went off, Luque looked ok, Dobson looked off the pace and didn't offer much (but hard to judge on 30 minutes).

The rest of the game was weird. We looked like we were in it, but never really looked like scoring. Kandi, Balanta, and towards the end Grant, linked up well, but they only fashioned the one chance (lovely move that) which Grant missed. Robinson and Brundle looked ok but the game bypassed Brundle a bit as the night wore on in my view. Will Wright actually did ok apart from the awful delivery from corners.

Wasn't good, and I have to say, based on what I saw last night I would have us down for somewhere around 12th-16th. I just can't see we are going to score enough goals to be any higher, and there are going to be mistakes which cost us at the other end. Boreham Wood will be top half I would think. They always do a job on us at our place. They defend well and have good movement and pace on the break.

With regards to Taylor it is a weird one. I really want it to work because of the way and time he came in, but I am not sure it will. His managerial record is very mixed. I used to watch Southend (when they played Fridays, and then Dagenham on Saturdays) and he took Barry Fry's side that looked set for promotion to the Premier League into the bottom half of the table in months. Like here, there was a lot of good will for him to do well there, as a former player, but it never worked out. It does always amuse me that Terry Harris escapes any accountability from fans on here when things go wrong though. For the record I think he is a top top bloke and has done amazing things at this club over many years, but whenever things are not going well here it is the managers fault, and when they go well a lot of it is apparently down to Terry Harris. As I say, I have nothing against him and hope that it works out with these two in charge together, but there is a lot of inconsistency in peoples views.
JFJBENSTEAD

A very demoralising night all round.

For me, it highlighted our poor summer recruitment. After the subs (not sure why Luque was hooked) there was lots of effort and endeavour but little quality aside from Balanta. We just seemed to panic in both final thirds of the pitch.

I really disagreed with the sarcastic cheer when Quigley was subbed. What did that actually achieve?

I now think Taylor needs to go. Trouble is, whoever comes in is stuck with the same squad of players.
Alan

My first game of the season and first look at the new squad. I wasn’t impressed.

The whole thing looked pedestrian and toothless.