Taylor out !!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

The natural response to people demanding the exit of a manager is who you bring in as a replacement.

Well, Luke Garrard at Boreham Wood is someone who has always impressed me greatly. He's young, speaks openly and refreshingly plus approaches every game with forward-thinking ideas and tactics. We saw that tonight when he made a like-for-like striker substitution with five minutes left when Taylor in the same situation would almost certainly bring on a defensive player to see the game out, and it paid off with BW getting two more to add gloss to the scoreline. Although his side were poor last season, Garrard's record of developing players is excellent and every time we face BW they seem well-drilled, energetic and hungry.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:37 pm Everyone down to Eastleigh.
Make as much noise as possible. Let our owners know us fans are pissed off. Banners, demonstrations and Taylor out chants is a must....
Disagree with this. Personally would rather if we went out to support the team as per, then let the football do the talking for us.

Will never want us to lose, but I hope the owners aren’t basing their decision on these two games. Ideally they would be carrying out some interviews at the same time even if it comes to nothing.
Diggerthedog

Blackie645 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 pm Just got in, spoke to Thompson in the upstairs bar his take on it 8s this. THE PLAYERS HAVE LET US DOWn, not Tsylor, he wouldn't have nothing said about Taylor.
Imagine my shock.
Chigwellian

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:49 am
Blackie645 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 pm Just got in, spoke to Thompson in the upstairs bar his take on it 8s this. THE PLAYERS HAVE LET US DOWn, not Tsylor, he wouldn't have nothing said about Taylor.
Imagine my shock.
He said the same thing about Burnett.... wasn't him, but the players!!
Diggerthedog

Under Taylor we've scored only more than twice 4 times, this is in 54 Matches. Have now only won 6 games in 2018 from a total 23 games. This is now his worse stint win ratio wise as a manager. One goal from open play this season, shall I go on?

Remind me why he is still in a job as of this lunch time? Bet the new stats guy at the club does not forward these stats on.......
EssexDagger!

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm Under Taylor we've scored only more than twice 4 times, this is in 54 Matches. Have now only won 6 games in 2018 from a total 23 games. This is now his worse stint win ratio wise as a manager. One goal from open play this season, shall I go on?

Remind me why he is still in a job as of this lunch time? Bet the new stats guy at the club does not forward these stats on.......
Harrowing statistics!!!! Even the most ardent Taylor backers cannot argue against this return!

How many shots on target have we had so far this season, I know we are only 4 games in but I think you’d be pushed to find more than 2 maybe at a push 3 attempts in 360 mins of football...
stanton101

It just seems to me that the bloke who gives the go ahead to employ these numpties needs a reality check in the modern game.
We went backwards under still, and have gone further backwards under Taylor. I sometimes wonder, just what exactly would it take for a bloke to get sacked at our club.
I wouldn't mind getting a few hidings under a new younger manager with fresh ideas if it meant you could actually fathom what he was trying to achieve. But I see no pattern to our play under Taylor and last nights debacle when two subs were made after 30 minutes was the icing for me. How ludicrous was that!
rebeldagger

stanton101 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:30 pm It just seems to me that the bloke who gives the go ahead to employ these numpties needs a reality check in the modern game.
We went backwards under still, and have gone further backwards under Taylor. I sometimes wonder, just what exactly would it take for a bloke to get sacked at our club.
I wouldn't mind getting a few hidings under a new younger manager with fresh ideas if it meant you could actually fathom what he was trying to achieve. But I see no pattern to our play under Taylor and last nights debacle when two subs were made after 30 minutes was the icing for me. How ludicrous was that!
That was an admission he got the tactics woefully wrong and we were ill ill-prepared to deal with, let's be honest, not all too difficult style of play, yet one that was delivered to a T.

However, his change was just to match Borehamwood's style and set up, albeit it did prove to work, as it somewhat dented their advances the damage was done and it was all too late, as the game wore on our players proved to be unfit and lacked concentration, hence why we conceded two late on.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Disappointed you bet I am. When I look back at the Dover game I really did think that Woking must have been one of those games and when we hit the straps we are going to be a very hard team to beat. That in itself in my opinion is a good place to start.

Saturday was a big disappointment and just highlighted to me where the problem is and that is we have the same problem as last season , we simply have no out and out goalscorer pre Wilkinson.

After the Goalkeeper was secured the next major signing was an out and out Goalscorer. Like the Goalkeeper puts confidence in any defence an out and out Goalscorer puts confidence not only throughout the team put also into the crowd. Last season we had that, I remember Harrogate away last year we were dreadful but you always had that feeling that with Wilkinson you always had a chance and the opponents would have to concentrate for the entire 90 minutes as dont matter how poor we looked give him a sniff and he will make you pay.

Despite my feelings after the Dover game last night we looked so easy to beat and once they went ahead you immediately got that feeling well were is the goal or goals coming from to turn this around.

If you fall for the nonsense that we did not want Wilkinson to go then we must have had the money in the budget and a bit more besides to go out and get that out and,out Goalscorer. So when you look at our team and see what is clearly lacking you have to ask yourself what the hell are we thinking.
The issue about it being in Wilkinson contract has no bearing on what we are clearly lacking, simply because it freed up the wages we were committed to pay to find a quality replacement.

As far as the Manager goes as long as he is the Manager then I will support him but I reserve the right to voice my opinion and ask question and no puppet of the board is going to come on here and stop me by making pious comments. The Manager has questions to answer and should be answering them. That is a long way from calling for him.to be sacked.

My fear is that the dressing room is not as united as claimed in last nights programme notes , that did not offer much in the way any explanation as to how Saturdays defeat came about, but was a swipe at loyal supporters .
This fear was no better illustrated then the three substitutions . The first two did not even get a hand shake from the Manager and slumped to the bench, Quigley however who contributed nothing again was embraced like a long lost son. Actions like that speak much louder then words.

Despite last nights performance and result still think this team has a lot to offer and the key to me is that proven Goalscorer, as offensively we looked like we had no beleif in ourselves
stanton101

rebeldagger wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:08 pm
stanton101 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:30 pm It just seems to me that the bloke who gives the go ahead to employ these numpties needs a reality check in the modern game.
That was an admission he got the tactics woefully wrong and we were ill ill-prepared to deal with, let's be honest, not all too difficult style of play, yet one that was delivered to a T.

However, his change was just to match Borehamwood's style and set up, albeit it did prove to work, as it somewhat dented their advances the damage was done and it was all too late, as the game wore on our players proved to be unfit and lacked concentration, hence why we conceded two late on.
If that was indeed the case, ( and I don't doubt that for a second) then surely he should have had them scouted in the first place!
It's not as though they had to travel far to watch them is it.
Shows a total lack of professionalism and arrogance towards Borehamwood in my book.
Did he think therefore that they would just turn up and lie down and there was no need to worry!
The mans a complete fool.
Make no mistake we were second best in every department and deserved to get tonked.
rebeldagger

stanton101 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:51 am
rebeldagger wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:08 pm

If that was indeed the case, ( and I don't doubt that for a second) then surely he should have had them scouted in the first place!
It's not as though they had to travel far to watch them is it.
Shows a total lack of professionalism and arrogance towards Borehamwood in my book.
Did he think therefore that they would just turn up and lie down and there was no need to worry!
The mans a complete fool.
Make no mistake we were second best in every department and deserved to get tonked.

Aye, and that's been raised elsewhere on the forum, were they not scouted at all?

We were inept and deserved what we got.

Yet let's put all this behind us, let's back the team and show them we still support them, the players, come what may. Bring on the weekend.
Mark

Of course they were scouted and we knew their system from previous seasons anyway. That makes it worse!
Auntie Merge

Posted on the Conference Forum from a Maidenhead supporter.
http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/article/1347514

Why has Harold Odametey not been playing?

I heard that Peter Taylor called Alan Dev, after the first game of the season, and the conversation went something like this:

PT: “You were right, Harold isn’t a centre midfielder

AD: “I did tell you, Peter, at the end of the day”
lupins

So going off injured isn't relevant

Yet another report of a conversation that was overheard by someone unknown and which probably never happened

My friend who wasn't there either said what actually happened was AD said to PT "Oi Pete any chance you could help me get this flat cap off me nut Harold glued it on"
EssexDagger!

One game under Taylor was enough for Harold to think “f*** this for a game of soldiers”

And who could blame him.. :green: