Taylor out !!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

We have failed to find the net twice now in our 3 games so far ,

Not hard to see where the problem lies,

Some would argue we haven’t even played any of the “big boys” either. :thumbd:
DaggerJoel11

Another shocker to watch. Taking our three most effective players off in Luque, Dobson and Eleftheriou. The only attacker to play every minute so far is Joe Quigley, who has already cemented himself as the worst player I've ever seen in a Dagenham shirt. Come back Shamir, all is forgiven.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

The two games we've failed to score, I know Taylor has said we created chances, but not really enough. Yeah Quigley should have 2 by now, but I don't notice anyone slaughtering Luque for missing from inches at Dover. I don't think Quigley is the answer but it isn't helpful to hear people jeering him during the game. Calling him our worst ever player is very harsh!

I think the issue is more than we aren't creating a huge number of chances. Balanta is the only truly inventive player we have, our wide players are largely programmed to throw it in the box and hope. A lot of teams play this way, the difference being they are giants and score loads of goal from set pieces and eventual mistakes forced.

We've gone to a team on a roll and lost by the odd goal, could've got a point. We've won at Dover, quite well in fact, and I don't think loads of teams will do that this year.

I'm often as baffled as the next man with the team selection and substitutions, and I never thought we'd be anywhere near the playoffs with the squad we've assembled, but I think we need to be a little more patient.
dagger4eva

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:08 am Another shocker to watch. Taking our three most effective players off in Luque, Dobson and Eleftheriou. The only attacker to play every minute so far is Joe Quigley, who has already cemented himself as the worst player I've ever seen in a Dagenham shirt. Come back Shamir, all is forgiven.
I havent seen a single pre-season or league game yet BUT, I find it almost unfathomable that Quigley is anywhere near as bad as Mullins.

Im not getting too dispondent just yet, but a couple of bad results from the next two and that could change.

Going into Boreham Wood and Harrogate in a positive mindset and hoping Taylor does the same with his team selections & tactics.
EssexDagger!

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:08 am Another shocker to watch. Taking our three most effective players off in Luque, Dobson and Eleftheriou. The only attacker to play every minute so far is Joe Quigley, who has already cemented himself as the worst player I've ever seen in a Dagenham shirt. Come back Shamir, all is forgiven.
Could Luque be this season’s “Jack munns”

No matter how well jack was playing, he often was always taken off before 60/70 minutes mark wherever we were winning, chasing a game or even if he was the best player on the pitch
dagger4eva

I don’t think it’s just my imagination but, Peter Taylor looks like he is constantly in a really foul, miserable mood. It just makes me wonder why he is even taking the time and effort to remain in Management if he’s so unhappy.

I could be completely wrong and actually he is loving life as manager of the Daggers – his body language would suggest otherwise though.

Anyway, just an observation…..
NBDag

What worries me the most about this situation is that Taylor is very strong in his beliefs, which isn’t a bad thing if they’re working. If I’m right he said at the forum that he will give Quigley as much time as it takes, and in his most recent interview he said he will carry on doing what he thinks is best. So god knows how long we will carry on being all over the place.

One thing that I don’t think anyone has asked is whether our owners have the stomach to sack the manager if/when things get that bad. I personally haven’t seen anything to make me think that they do, which could turn into a massive part of our problem this season.
Mark

I completely expect Taylor to stick to his beliefs and I wouldn't want him to cave in to supporters after just 3 games, one of which we won and the last of which we lost narrowly.

The owners have allowed him to spend the budget and will surely allow him to continue unless we are at real threat of relegation. Any new manager would have no choice player wise, they may be able to pick a slightly different XI but I really don't think it would suddenly turn our fortunes.

I know this Benson comparison with Quigley has drawn derision but Benson scored 1 goal in his first season and missed some absolute sitters. I guess Quigley also isn't that impressive in general play either, but I've seen a few nice touches and link play when the ball is played somewhere near him.
stanton101

NBDag wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 am What worries me the most about this situation is that Taylor is very strong in his beliefs, which isn’t a bad thing if they’re working. If I’m right he said at the forum that he will give Quigley as much time as it takes, and in his most recent interview he said he will carry on doing what he thinks is best. So god knows how long we will carry on being all over the place.

One thing that I don’t think anyone has asked is whether our owners have the stomach to sack the manager if/when things get that bad. I personally haven’t seen anything to make me think that they do, which could turn into a massive part of our problem this season.
Arrogance is the word I think you're looking for.
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:43 pm
NBDag wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 am What worries me the most about this situation is that Taylor is very strong in his beliefs, which isn’t a bad thing if they’re working. If I’m right he said at the forum that he will give Quigley as much time as it takes, and in his most recent interview he said he will carry on doing what he thinks is best. So god knows how long we will carry on being all over the place.

Arrogance is the word I think you're looking for.
He thinks he is bigger than us or that we owe him a favour due to him taking the job last season when there where many better applicants for the job, when in truth we do not owe him anything. He is finished as coach and the gruesome truth is that has been like that for him for 10+ years. I stood back from him chatting with the crowd on Saturday and also watch his interview after, he is something else. How dare anyone have an opinion.

Boreham wood signed a player from Oxford City who netted 30+ goals last season and he scored twice Saturday, why weren't we in for such players and were left with the current striker, who was behind Mullins in the pecking order at Maidstone?

I worry because this is very similar to the Burnett scenario, the signs were there last season and we opted to stick with him when the right decision would to freshen the whole thing up and move him upstairs or something to that effect. There is one person who feeds back to the yanks, who themselves barely see any games live just hear that he is doing a great job, same person who thought the same about Burnett. We will leave this scenario too late again and the season will be gone. I really hope he proves me completely wrong but I don't see it and called it almost a year ago.

The other real problem the yanks actually have is people through the gates and with the football on offer that wont improve anytime soon it's hardly attractive to see your two wingers taken off when your 1-0 down and chasing the game. Dobson set up the best chance and 3 mins later he got hauled off, what the actual F... was all that about?
Shroud_of_hope

Seems to me he got lucky with Wilkinson who’s stock was at rock bottom at the time. We were treated like a stepping stone and I have no problem with that but I think 100% Wilko kept us up as the manager lost the plot in the last 10 games.

We finally have a John Still type gem in Joan Luque but, like Munns his face doesn’t fit and he struggles to get the minutes he rightly deserves. Quigley will play tomorrow out of sheer pig ignorance from Taylor who wants to do it “his way” even if it means dropping points. I’ve lived through Cusack, Carr and Burnett but this is another level, at least they has some semblance of respect for the paying fans!
DaggerJoel11

Mark wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:58 am I completely expect Taylor to stick to his beliefs and I wouldn't want him to cave in to supporters after just 3 games, one of which we won and the last of which we lost narrowly.

The owners have allowed him to spend the budget and will surely allow him to continue unless we are at real threat of relegation. Any new manager would have no choice player wise, they may be able to pick a slightly different XI but I really don't think it would suddenly turn our fortunes.

I know this Benson comparison with Quigley has drawn derision but Benson scored 1 goal in his first season and missed some absolute sitters. I guess Quigley also isn't that impressive in general play either, but I've seen a few nice touches and link play when the ball is played somewhere near him.

Taylor will stick to his beliefs just as all managers would, however not starting Quigley on Tuesday wouldn't be caving in to the supporters - it would be doing what's right and appropriate. Anywhere else on the pitch, if a player consistently plays bad he'll be dropped. Last season, the moment Adeloye seemed to blink in a way Taylor wasn't keen on he was dropped and Quigley has had three games now where he's been very poor in each. After failing at four struggling National League sides in the past I struggle to see him turning into a good player regardless of how long we persist with him.

I understand the point about abusing him and knocking his confidence but when our supposed Conor Wilkinson replacement misses a two-yard tap-in where it actually takes skill to manage to not score, then frustrations are going to be high. You're right about Luque's miss being just as horrendous but nobody was going to dwell on that after we won the game, or they'd be labelled a pessimist and rightfully so.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Ally Fraser

He’s dined out enough now off the back of that England game. The man is clueless.
Mike the Dagger

Ally Fraser wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:19 am He’s dined out enough now off the back of that England game. The man is clueless.

Here is Peter Taylor's managerial record to date. How does it compare to yours and the pup's?

Opinions are like arseholes and all that.

The point here is that the owners have backed him, so moaning after 3 games is pointless, and TBH downright disruptive (again).

Statements have been made about where the owners want us to be this season and I have no doubt that if after a couple of months we are obviously not anywhere close to that then serious questions will be asked, but right now, it is time to shut up moaning and back the team.

Losing Conor Wilkinson as we did was a massive blow and we have not come close to replacing him yet, but I have no doubt we are trying.
Diggerthedog

Snowflakes in August who would have thought.