Taylor out !!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

What a pile of shit ! And I’m being kind.
Why didn’t grant, luque and Dobson start !!!

Quigley is already the worst player we ever had !! Absolutely fracking useless!!

Sack this manager now while we still got a chance to stay up.

Rubbish !!! Not acceptable !! Bag of shite !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

You can hear it now Arnu team needs time to gel .
Fitness should be no excuse we have just been beaten by a team of Part Timers ffs.
Diggerthedog

Here here to that thread title. When you set out not to concede and do so early on your game plan is out the window. All involved should be embarrassed with that showing, crap.

First shot on target was 88th minute summed it up.
BB-Dagger

Calm down we’re only 3 points off of a playoff place!
CrownDagger

Spends all summer spouting crap like " I have 2 players for each position competition for places is high" starts a centre back at left back. "Alot of players we have signed are over 6ft" still can't defend set pieces.
Mark

I have long been sceptical of the manager and today has not helped at all.

As I wrote on here a few weeks ago, signing players around the 6ft mark isn't really a statement of size. Woking, like most of our opposition this season, are land of the giants and will just keep it tight and punish us from set pieces. We are small relative to the other teams.

Signing 2 players for every position is also a total misallocation of the budget. Nobody else in the division will do this. We don't need senior pros who don't even make the bench.

Several of our new players did not cover themselves in glory, particularly Graham and Brundle, but you have to say that our supposed reliable players like Justham and Clark were just as culpable today.

Other than Eleftheriou, Manny and Odametey I cannot see any positives.
dagger4eva

Sounds like l managed to avoit witnessing an absolute belter.

On a side note, I do hope Alan isnt too offend by the forum activity following such a great performance in our 1st competitive game of the season ;)
Pondfield Dagger

yep very annoyed with taylor tonight!!

i watched the pre-season games and would have put my house on mcqueen not starting today!! is he is taylor's love child or what what an absolute joke. bagsey showed nothing in pre season as well. louque should have been ahead in pecking order 2 goals and unlucky disallowed goal in pre season games. dobson should have also started!!!

crowl is a centre back if he can't he play then then he shouldn't play at all, wood or gordon for LB

i pointed out in another post last week about the pre season games- too many foul in dangerous positions and was our downfall with both goals...

manny given man of the match. he was instructed to man mark Diarra yet he got the assist for first goal and scored second!!!

harold went on driving run, 5 mins later gets subbed!! joke

Good to see Glenn Chapple, looking very well, must be in his 80's following his beloved club!! non league legend!
IanC

Agree with all above.
Soon as I saw that team I was gobsmacked 😶
Awful selection and got what it deserved.
We virtually had no attacking threat whatsoever,and I don’t know what Liam Gordon has done to upset the manager.
How the hell he,s not getting in the team again is feckin baffling to me.
He’s one of the best attacking players we’ve got and would be first on my team sheet.Most of our great games last season was with him flying down the left.Defo would have started with Dobson and luque or at least one of them too.
As on the other thread that would be the team I’d start with.Its gonna take time for all to bed in,we know that.But I does help if ya get team selection right,I don’t think anyone else in the ground yesterday would have come up with that eleven!
Onwards and upwards
stanton101

For me personally I never wanted the man to be in charge. The man's had more clubs than tiger woods, but I'm prepared to give him at least 10 games to get this sorted out.
If there's no improvement after that, then I'm afraid it's adios.
NickMurphy

If you want to get out of this division - which is the ultimate aim for our owners - then you need a manager capable of getting the job done.

Look at the last 10 managers to achieve promotion from this league...

Graham Alexander
Justin Edinburgh
John Askey
Micky Mellon
Danny Cowley
Mark Cooper
Gary Johnson
Paul Hurst
Darrell Clarke
Martin Allen

They all fit into one of three moulds. They either know the club, are a progressive young manager plucked from further down at the right time or is an experienced lower league manager who knows how to operate at this level and what type of player it takes to succeed at this level.

Taylor is none of those. And the fact that two of his last three jobs prior to joining us were at Kerala Blasters and Bahrain tells you precisely where his stock is at. That might sound quite harsh, but it's true.

Like everyone, I've wanted and do still want it to work with Taylor. But like a large majority I've been sceptical since the very beginning, and while I appreciate that he kept us up and stabilised us last season, I haven't thought and still don't think he's the man to take us forward. It reminds me a bit like the year when Burnett took us to mid-table despite the fact we all knew it wasn't quite working and it was probably right in the close season for both parties to split amicably.

We didn't and the rest is history. I think even the most arch pessimist would agree we're very unlikely to go down under Taylor, but his profile doesn't match the ambition of the Americans or this club at the moment. And once again when we should've been looking to start afresh and kick on in a different direction, we've shirked the difficult decision in favour of stability and the status quo.

What anyone has written on this forum over the last couple of days isn't a knee-jerk reaction to the last few days and the Woking defeat. It's a reflection of the last 12 months captured perfectly in a snapshot over the last 48 hours.
EssexDagger!

Well now the first 90mins of the new season are out the way & the “Taylor Out” wagon picking up some pace...

Which managers would you like the club to be looking at as a possible replacement???
Let’s be realistic with the suggestions too & remember the level we are operating at, Losing our best player & top scorer in Connor Wilkinson and replacing him with Joe Quiqley should reminder you the level we are at..
Diggerthedog

EssexDagger! wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:43 pm Well now the first 90mins of the new season are out the way & the “Taylor Out” wagon picking up some pace...

Which managers would you like the club to be looking at as a possible replacement???
Let’s be realistic with the suggestions too & remember the level we are operating at, Losing our best player & top scorer in Connor Wilkinson and replacing him with Joe Quiqley should reminder you the level we are at..
The old what manager would you choose, response, it’s not down to us to choose it’s down to the board. Plenty of good managers in this level and who actually have knowledge of it. Watch what Dover do this season under Hess to see what a decent knowledgeable manager can do this season. Boreham Wood manager has proved he can get a side challenging for play offs, let’s go get him.

Quigley was one of many options available and we got him on a two ******** year contract, the same was said about Mullins as it was him when his history in the game was questioned. All this because the manager does not have the network to sign someone better? I think it is and the reason we lost out on many a player this season.

We all know he won’t get the sack before it’s too late to make some sort of play off challenge. Bar a run of 10-15 games middle of last season under this manager It’s been bloody negative dreadful football, shame because we have the foundations to do something with the owners but they can’t see it on the pitch week in week out. The new owners want the crowds to increase and this football is not going to make that happen.

There was plenty of positive stuff from everyone before the game yesterday but as soon as we all saw the set up and team the life was sucked out of it and by the looks of it the players. I hope Taylor and his back room staff read this forum and grow a pair of bollocks and go out to win games convincingly and not just one nil, if not expect plenty more threads like this.
EssexDagger!

I know it’s not down to us fans to pick the manager.. but it’s a forum and a subject for us to debate/discuss.. pretty much like most of us spent the summer on here debating what players we would like to sign when we clearly have no say in what players we bring in ...

I also would be a fan of Luke Garrard from Boreham wood & also Ben Strevens at Eastleigh.... both proper footballing managers who like to get the ball down and play with an obvious philosophy.
ARNU

Just chucking it out there.....

Would Burnett be better at this level ?

(Lights touch paper and f’s off rather sharpish)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !