well chuffed

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

One of the best overall games of football l remember for some time.
Fact we beat one of the supposed best teams in the league whilst not playing overly amazing ourselves says alot.

I dont get this stick Zavon is getting about going down too easy, or murphy for that matter.

Have absolutley zero idea behind the thinking at firstly taking Jack off (who was having a steady game) and also murphy. Femi II was all at sea when he came on and Dickson looked about 5 minutes behind the play also.

The REAL pleasing for me though was that after Rochdale making it 2-1 (didnt jack handle it on the line) ?? Was that it re-spurred us into action and opposed to conceding we got the 3rd.

After today, l think barring Chesterfield we have noone to be frightened about playing.

Heres to a good fa cup draw tomorrow :)

Absolutely take the 3 points t
dagger4eva

Oh and by the way, that was the best atmosphere in a long time too. Good effort from most ppl in the sieve
Auntie Merge

Hines was being repeatedly fouled in the first half. It got a bit better after the Rochdale player got booked but not much.

Thought Rochdale no 7 was quite scary. Him v their number 24 must have been next to each other other in the queue for height.

Before the game Wayne Burnett said he heard I hadn't been well, he noticed I wasn't at the last home game and we lost. "If you weren't here today I was going to come around and get you out of bed and bring you here myself!" Got to love the guy.
Mark

I imagine we brought Femi on to combat the expected aerial and physical bombardment in the later stages and it worked. Murphy rarely lasts 90 and Dickson can hold the ball up, he wasted lots of time with his strength in the corner and gave them a fresh problem to deal with.
SUSSEX DAGGER

A good battle throughout despite the wind and the result was decided in the area that has been our Achilles heel until this season ,in front of goal.

Without doubt Rochdale are the best team we have faced this season and in all honesty they had enough chances to get something out of this encounter. We were lucky not to be behind inside 20 seconds. To many times they got clean headers in our box, in the first half I personally counted six.

Chris Lewington has been a saviour on more then one occasion this season but he looked to have lost the plot second half. Always been a big fan of Like Howell but he had a bit of a game that he will not look back on .

How Zavron was MOM is another mystery but then again I don't honestly felt we had a stand out player. Delay the vote another few minutes and that would surely have changed.

We got lucky today, have not got a problem with that, just want to put a sense of perspective on things.

Just another thing that I think should be pointed out and I don't want to sound a kill joy. The celebration for the third goal all very nice but can we please restrict it to the opponents half. Half of our players were under a bundle and Zavron and Medi were auditioning for strictly . Rochdale could off kicked off as all our players were in our half until Dickson noticed the danger and stepped back over the halfway line just as he was about to jump on top of the pile. if Rochdale had been alert to this we could have conceded a very embarrassing goal.
Crushed Dreams

I spotted Dickson moving back into their half too.