Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Do you want Taylor in or Out

In
28%
Out
72%

Total votes: 64
ARNU

Taylor brings many years of experience and contacts. I find his tactics a bit odd but I also appreciate he’s playing with at least 7 sub standard players each time we kick off. His task this year was to finish 20th. We’d have all took that pre season.
Give him some money and a contract extension he deserves a decent shot at it. Promoting players who were once Dagenham players is ridiculous nostalgia gone mad.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Why on earth anyone would give this manager money to spend on a new budget is madness. He had a decent enough budget for us to have been doing better than we were back then and certainly a lot better than we are doing now.

He’s a washed up journeyman manager and needs to be booted out. What has he Accomplished in the game the last 10+ years? Nothing. Get someone in that knows the game at this level and has a decent history of it. Also let’s move away from Terry Harris freshen up the whole thing.

Or we can be typical Dagenham and just settle for second best, knowing the current board that’s exactly what we will do.
bloke down the pub

I think the Yanks will make all the decisions on him and others.
Daggerman

bloke down the pub wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:12 pm I think the Yanks will make all the decisions on him and others.
No shit Sherlock!
Diggerthedog

Come on put this guy out of his misery, and ours.
DaggerJoel11

Can't put into words how awful that was. Three straight losses to shocking teams, conceding eight in the process. But oh no we've got to give the man time!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
EssexDagger!

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:14 pm Can't put into words how awful that was. Three straight losses to shocking teams, conceding eight in the process. But oh no we've got to give the man time!
more time & more money to so he can use to on more defensive midfielders, surely he can squeeze another one in his starting XI :thumbd:
BB-Dagger

Looking rather grim at the moment, if the dross below us pick up 3 wins we’re in the mire! Too late to change this season but I cannot see the point in retaining his services next year, I really appreciate what he’s done in taking up the job of keeping us up when we were lucky to still have a club but surely he knows his limits and I would like to think he will do the honourable thing and stand aside at the end of the season. It’s a shame because with less negativity in tactics we could have been pushing for a much better position.
daggersjeff

20th was the target and 19th place is where we find ourselves

Job done!
Diggerthedog

daggersjeff wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:04 am 20th was the target and 19th place is where we find ourselves

Job done!
Exactly. Thanks Peter enjoy retirement.

Good to see him having digs at fans, he takes the last question very personally. Under pressure now as I saw someone post on twitter, except for the good run of 25 point from 10 games we’ve taken 22 points from the other 90 available. Shocking.

Well done to the 122 that went yesterday.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

So since that glorious Boxing Day game we’ve only won three times in 3 months, was my headline stat
rebeldagger

I feel the tide is beginning to turn against Taylor now, from what I've seen on social media (and notably have not seen) as well as interviews, it almost seems inevitable that he'll be thanked yet ask to move on come the end of the season. I may be wrong here, yet was it ever mentioned how long his contract was? it wouldn't surprise me, and it'd be the smart thing to do, considering the circumstances, that Taylor was given the contract for just the season.

Yet we'll have to wait and see, given what was at his disposal, I personally think he's done reasonably well and he's been a very steady hand on a ship that could have easily sunk. Yes we're not home safe and sound yet I have confidence that we will be, albeit it will be quite a rocky ride. Come the summer, we will see the usual comings and goings, and with the Americans behind us I think it'll be a summer unlike one we've ever seen before.

On a side note, anyone remember this, or even read it when it first came out??

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... lity-check
Grimsweeper

Awww come on guys!

we put up with WAY more dogs shit from Burnett than weve ever had to stomach from PT (on considerably less funds?)

im sure well be fine this season and he will have the luxury of a proper preseason going into next.
Blackie645

And it will b the same next season, get rid now
Daggernewbie

Well he`s here for next season