Team suggestions for Barrow

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Should Gavin Hoyte start?
ARNU

Hoyte should be captain. Quite how Taylor thinks he's worse than any of the other defenders I don't know. McQueen has a way to go before he should be a regular and I'm not sure Harfield is up to it just yet either. So bring Hoyte in drop McQueen and harfield.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

I think Harfield when on the left is a good player, would keep him in the side for sure.

I'd make 2 changes, Hoyte in for McQueen and Kandi in for Reynolds.
Adrian

From what I've seen of him, Hoyte hasn't done anything that suggests he better than anyone else in our squad. I've been pretty disappointed.

If we're going with 3 centre backs then I wouldn't have him anywhere the right wing back position. He doesn't get forward enough and isn't quick enough defensively.
When starting he stops getting forward altogether in the second half of games.
lupins

Harfield is definitely worth keeping faith with he will get stronger with each game he plays and has a very good delivery on him
McQueen is doing okay defensively but when he does overlap he needs to improve his crossing now we have some aerial threats
I would be interested to see Reynolds have a go on the right
Mark

I'd pick Hoyte all the time. He was poor when he came on last night but he's been pretty good overall I think. McQueen is a funny one. He seems capable of very good things and very bad things. I don't really trust him as a full back, he seems to get beaten a bit easily and his one-touch clearances seem to only travel about 10 yards.

I like Harfield. No pace but energetic and has a nice delivery. He was better once moved onto the left.
Mike the Dagger

In a team with very little experience, it makes sense to try to play Hoyte if we can. I'd play him right back in a back 4, but he's not a wing back.

McQueen has a lot of promise, so does Harfield, but possibly there is only room for one of them.

Nice to have a few dilemmas TBH.
ARNU

Right let's get this straight.... I think we all accept these are young lads early in their development and largely inexperienced at this level. They all seem to be trying their hardest and this is a good thing.Constructive criticism isn't a crime though.

There was a few times last night when the ball went to Liam Gordon on the left when Hatfield should have darted off up the wing but instead stayed motionless until he received the ball, thus giving himself little chance of beating their defenders, agree he has potential. McQueen loses the ball too easy or gives it away an awful lot. Pretty much every time he gets the ball he loses it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Moving away from Hoyte, Leighton should be starting every game for me at the moment. I think him and Romain have the potential to be a very good partnership. They linked up in the first minute at Barnet for the goal. When Leighton came on last night, it was a different game. I like Adeloye and think he shows a lot of heart but if I'm being brutally honest, Leighton is better than him in the air, better touch, better awareness, more powerful and looks more of a goal threat.

Before the goal last night, I was getting frustrated because Romain kept getting into great positions in the channels and putting superb balls across but nobody was gambling into the space. The one person who would have got on the end would have been Romain himself.

Reynolds shouldn't be near the starting XI at present. He's looked alright in cameos off the bench but has been quite anonymous when starting and blown the great chances that he's had (Barnet 1v1 and last night's curler into space come to mind). Kandi I also think is a decent impact player but struggles when starting if the full back is capable.

It has to be Leighton and Romain. If Taylor continues switching the front line around game on game, I'm going to be quite annoyed because the partnership is there right in front of him.
HGDagger

Hoyte Right back, McQueen further up instead of Reynolds
Mark

Aside from the assist at Barnet I think Leighton has been largely woeful until last night. Ok in the air, no pace, no movement off the ball, gave it away an awful lot. Having said that, he did well off the bench and could become an asset in time.

First half Reynolds was the only player who ever looked like making anything happen. Second half he didn't do much aside from skying the golden chance so I can see why he was hooked.
DagenhamDan

I've gotta say Reynolds wasn't bad last night Leighton hasn't looked great when I've seen him. Adeloye looked really dangerous against Barnet but was quiet last night. Romain looked really really good especially when he linked up left with harfield!
SUSSEX DAGGER

It could be a case that it's horses for courses and good Mamagement with Hoyte and other factors that may need to be considered.

If he can't play the schedule we have had then it makes sense to save him when he can be most use.

Suppose team selection is right up in the air Saturday with two new signings, Donavon returning and other issues that may be forced onto us, one of which may need to see Hoyte starting