Never had one last year but will this year
5%
Never buy one
13%
Want too but too expensive
6%

Total votes: 64
Diggerthedog

I agree with all the above but I will be going to support what will be a very young inexperience side, certainly no extra donations from me.
Diggerthedog

Going back to the poll, if it’s true and some 25%-30% are not renewing we will be left with another begging bowl scenario. They’ll soon be back if we’re challenging and paying more on the gate so could be worth more to the club in the long run.
Dagdale

Well were just going to have to hope for the best for our club at least we are up and running ready for a new season again and if most of our hardcore 1200 make a show here and there whether they decide last minute on a Season ticket or not I'm really glad we can still see most of the old faces, a good bunny, and share a drink most match days. I really think pending our financial difficulties the board couldn't have made a better choice on Managerial appointment and surely these guys have feelers out already for players to come and join us, and surely most would be eager to get an opportunity to do that, there will be mistakes here and there and frustrations, teacups, but we need to show a fair bit of patience and believe it'll work in the end, Stability is the name of the game for us all now, anything extra will be a big bonus. I can't wait for it to begin.
IanC

Great post Dale
Auntie Merge

yozdagger wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:04 pm Still no. I am not convinced the club will survive the full season before collapsing..... If I go - it will be pay on gate.....
If the National League had any suggestion that we weren’t able to fulfill all our fixtures we would be relegated now. I understand the club has to pay a bond or guarantee that we will complete the season. I think Glyn Hopkin gave this last year. So that sort of throws your reasoning off.
yozdagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:14 am
yozdagger wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:04 pm Still no. I am not convinced the club will survive the full season before collapsing..... If I go - it will be pay on gate.....
If the National League had any suggestion that we weren’t able to fulfill all our fixtures we would be relegated now. I understand the club has to pay a bond or guarantee that we will complete the season. I think Glyn Hopkin gave this last year. So that sort of throws your reasoning off.
Yeah 'cause Glyn's word is 'stronger than Oak' right? The club themselves have said they needed 150k or they couldn't complete the season - they don't have the 150k yet (or maybe not at all) - so it stands to reason without external cash from Hopkins - we wont complete the season.

I have followed the club for almost 20 years now... but for the first time I am debating whether to switch team - mainly because I cannot stand the current board and have zero inclination to help them secure financially the metaphorical 'theft' of the club from the members..... we've lost 74% of the club shares and have NOTHING to show for it - all because of the piss poor decisions made by the board - who now conveniently own the 74%.
Lcbdagger

yozdagger wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:31 am
Yeah 'cause Glyn's word is 'stronger than Oak' right? The club themselves have said they needed 150k or they couldn't complete the season - they don't have the 150k yet (or maybe not at all) - so it stands to reason without external cash from Hopkins - we wont complete the season.

I have followed the club for almost 20 years now... but for the first time I am debating whether to switch team - mainly because I cannot stand the current board and have zero inclination to help them secure financially the metaphorical 'theft' of the club from the members..... we've lost 74% of the club shares and have NOTHING to show for it - all because of the piss poor decisions made by the board - who now conveniently own the 74%.
Perfectly acceptable concerns about the future of the club, especially around the finances... but I do get concerned about anybody (new fan or 90 year old lifetime supporter) who mentions the possibility of 'changing teams'. Can't understand the rationale for this on any level
Chigwellian

I can't for the life of me see why you still hold a 'tinder' candle for glyn Hopkin...
He is a typical used car salesman... can't trust him.
I really think we should get another flag made, aimed at him.... Then he really would have something to throw his toys out of his pram!!

As for the board... I agree about the begging bowl, and us supporters have to take with our trousers round our ankles!! ...
admin
Site Admin

Chigwellian wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:30 pm
I can't for the life of me see why you still hold a 'tinder' candle for glyn Hopkin...
He is a typical used car salesman... can't trust him.
I really think we should get another flag made, aimed at him.... Then he really would have something to throw his toys out of his pram!!

As for the board... I agree about the begging bowl, and us supporters have to take with our trousers round our ankles!! ...
Threats about having more flags really don’t help the club attract investment -
Hopkin’s or otherwise.

Why would anyone want to invest in a family friendly club when once again an element of vocal support proves its anything but family friendly.
bloke down the pub

To say people might invest but are turned off because people might wave a flag, is the funniest thing I have herd. What are you going to do if someone has a T-shirt with a slogan you don't like printed on it.FFS.If the bloke that pulled his money out of the club wants to make a statement why he did fine if not people will make their own minds up. Until he does I cant see his actions doing his business anything but harm, and if he sells another car/van in Dagenham or Redbridge I would be very surprised.
hockley dagger

Well I suppose a football ground is private property and if the owners don't like a particular T shirt they could refuse admission to the person wearing it. My view is that Mr Hopkin has taken note of the demographic make up of his trading area when taking his stand against apparently racist flags (at leas racist in his eyes). My observation is quite a significant proportion of the regular support don't live in Barking and Dagenham or Redbridge in any case and I reckon he knows that.
Sagres

Club shop was busy today...
Pondfield Dagger

i'll get a season ticket but there is no rush, since the club need money, i'm more than happy to be pay after the early bird and in effect donating £85.
i wonder those getting the early bird, are willing to put the difference under the donation part, hmmmm.
Mike the Dagger

Pondfield Dagger wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:19 pm i'll get a season ticket but there is no rush, since the club need money, i'm more than happy to be pay after the early bird and in effect donating £85.
i wonder those getting the early bird, are willing to put the difference under the donation part, hmmmm.
Buy the early bird and donate the extra on the form. Better for the club tax wise.
GdadSteve

As a matter of fact, I have used the Early Bird discount to renew my own season ticket and buy another for someone that will be a season ticket holder for the first time so I think I have trumped your £85!

Snide remarks like yours are what is wrong with this forum. We all support the same team as best we can!

Steve