Maidstone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DagenhamDan

Stuck at home doing university work anyone know where I can find commentary for today?
David coles

Commentary.... we are winning...they are poor.. we should win...No Bloomfield...robbo commanding...sparkes getting space wide...more goals to come i would hope......etc
DagenhamDan

Well that's a start I suppose xD
Daggernewbie

Managed to getaway with a win,yet again let the opposition get back in the game by sitting back and John Still taking off our wide players.
ARNU

Thought we did well. Maidstone had about a ten minute spell 2nd half that we contained. We were by far the better team. Wouldn't be Dagenham without a little scare towards the end. Hopefully we had a buyer in the crowd today.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Good performance today, lots of effort and a few players were clearly shattered by the end.
Kandi looked like he was struggling when he went off and Sparkes had done nothing for most of the second half so not surprising they went off.
Squad does look a bit thin at the moment - Fejiri and Cheek both looked knackered by the end.

Back four did very well, Howells does a great job at left back. Despite the pressure at the end I don't remember Cousins really making a save.
Adams had a strange game - made lots of good interceptions but then gave the ball away.
Not sure how Boucaud got MOTM. The pass that led to the first goal was great, but he kept getting too close to his teammates and taking away space and trying too many of his little flicks.
Not sure why his booking got booed. If he'd just gone for the tackle properly he'd have probably won the ball or got fouled but instead ended up making the worst challenge of the game.
Alan

Competent performance, you can only beat what’s in front of you. Great ball by Boucaud for first goal. Thought we sat too deep for much of the game, perhaps because the players looked so leggy.

Maidstone’s diving in the box was quite incredible. The Turgot’s one early second half was worthy of an Oscar - even he had a chuckle with the sieve about it afterwards.
NBDag

Think it’s a bit silly to say Still was wrong for taking off our wide men. Howell coming on was needed as we were lacking in midfield with no one looking willing to to the grunt work off the ball. Robinson coming on was maybe a bit premature, but that was not the reason we conceded our goal.Good win in all, torn between Adams and Pennell for my MoTM. Only complaint is once again we invited them to lump all sorts of pressure on us at the end of the game.

Hope that lot go down, from what I saw of them today their fans are a classless bunch. In a way I can understand why we were moved out of the TBS as there would have been a fair chance of trouble.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done lads , another true Dagger efforr.

Thought both the attitude and commitment were excellent all around the team.

Cant be easy for our lads , most have probably worked out they wont be here next season and that must always be in their minds when they are being asked to throw their bodies on the line, one long term injury now and they are as good as redundent as a footballer. The fact they are not shying away from anything should be salauted by all of us.

Well done lads you have done us proud during these self inflicted trying times that are tottally out of your control.
Diggerthedog

Crap game only bit of quality was out first goal, we love to invite pressure but have no one to hold the ball up with Bloomfield injured?

Lots of players at all levels are out of contract come June not sure what makes ours so special about bodies on the line at this stage.
DaggerJoel11

Good result but once again we look comfortable then invite pressure in what was probably their only decent spell in the game. We weren't great and sunk to their level a bit with the aimless balls forward, neither team could really keep hold of the ball too well but ultimately we showed the quality that Maidstone didn't have. Infact I'd say they are definitely the poorest bunch to visit all season amd the fact that their centre back is now their top scorer of all their current squad speaks volumes.

Just a quick note. We're now six points off the playoffs with a game in hand, against Guiseley. Since nothing is expected of us anymore we're really playing with freedom. If we keep up this recent resurgence then who knows, I'm not saying we will or that it's even on the cards but it's just a pleasure to see us win again after the months we've had. Onto Saturday and a game I'm really looking forward to, which is quite the rarity.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DI Mike Dashwood

Nice and positive DtD, that's what we need.

I thought it was decent game and good performance, enjoyed it.

Always interesting how people see things differently I suppose. I thought Sparkes had his best game for us, Boucs was good although I wouldn't have given him MOM. I would have given it to Nunn I think.

Subs were not what I would have done. Boucs was struggling to move after 70 mins, would have swapped him personally.
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:32 pm Nice and positive DtD, that's what we need.

I thought it was decent game and good performance, enjoyed it.

Always interesting how people see things differently I suppose. I thought Sparkes had his best game for us, Boucs was good although I wouldn't have given him MOM. I would have given it to Nunn I think.

Subs were not what I would have done. Boucs was struggling to move after 70 mins, would have swapped him personally.
Sparkes had a lot of space but didn't use it well.
Got caught offside twice when it was easy to keep himself on, and some of his crossing was woeful.
Boucaud was struggling because he got hurt bottling the challenge that got him booked.
DI Mike Dashwood

First half Sparkes put two very dangerous balls in. Second half maybe not so much. Boucs movement lessened even more after that tackle but he was blowing before that to be fair.
BB-Dagger

I thought it was a good all round effort, all too easy to criticise from the terraces but I don't think anyone had a bad game, the effort and pride shone through in a typical Daggers fashion, the last five minutes of Madstone hoofball never really threatened us it just added to the bank holiday excitement.

Thought the reff did ok as well apart from not booking that tosser for the dive. but as previously said we all have different views on it.
COYD