NEW COMMERCIAL MANAGER NEEDED

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

http://daggers.co.uk/news/-KtCAofR7y19OXXfgrt3

So another one bites the dust …..
Had it on very good authority that Dagenham Korea’s finest had struck again – this has been confirmed on Twitter by what I assume is a relative of the previous Commercial Manager – who stated my assumption was correct and that when a person (one person) makes your work life unbearable there was only 1 thing she could have done.

I’d be astounded if Glyn were to allow this to continue. In today’s day & age you just cannot get away with behaviour, and treating your staff like this, to the point where they are reduced to tears, several times, in the workplace.

I don’t know about having flags banned but maybe someone from the Supporters Club should consider sending an e-mail around to all other clubs warning them about the conduct of our MD.
CrownDagger

Didnt we get a new one of these in March/April time?
NickMurphy

Two sides to every story, no?
Daggerthroughmyheart

NickMurphy wrote:Two sides to every story, no?
When one side is a known bully, what chance does the other side have to do a good job?
InTheKnow

I looked around the ground on Saturday and said to my mate that there are a lot of open spaces for advertising boards around the pitch and that there aren't any new ones. A look in the programme from Saturday also tells me there are no new ones. The only "deal" won since March seems to be the A13 Steel sponsorship of the stand which I understand was won by our MD. Therefore its probably for the best that we get a new commercial manager sooner rather than later.
Daggernewbie

CrownDagger wrote:Didnt we get a new one of these in March/April time?
Yes we did and if it`s true about a certain person they need to go sooner the better.
Daggerthroughmyheart

InTheKnow wrote:I looked around the ground on Saturday and said to my mate that there are a lot of open spaces for advertising boards around the pitch and that there aren't any new ones. A look in the programme from Saturday also tells me there are no new ones. The only "deal" won since March seems to be the A13 Steel sponsorship of the stand which I understand was won by our MD. Therefore its probably for the best that we get a new commercial manager sooner rather than later.
If the North Korean one was upsetting someone so much, how on earth could they work properly? It has been common knowledge since she joined that things were not happy.

Plus have you got proof that the entire A13 deal was initiated and conducted by our MD?
Diggerthedog

Girls mum has had something to say on Twitter. 6 months is a normal probation period for a new Job perhaps she was not up to it? On the other hand we all know.
leewilson

InTheKnow wrote:I looked around the ground on Saturday and said to my mate that there are a lot of open spaces for advertising boards around the pitch and that there aren't any new ones. A look in the programme from Saturday also tells me there are no new ones. The only "deal" won since March seems to be the A13 Steel sponsorship of the stand which I understand was won by our MD. Therefore its probably for the best that we get a new commercial manager sooner rather than later.
Spot on from what I've heard as well.

Can't comment on how Thommo treats people mind you.
Auntie Merge

As I understand it, Lauren has quit of her own accord.
I'm not sure if she has anything else lined up, so be wary that criticising her work might not be very fair and could prevent her from finding successful employment elsewhere. I'm sure none of you want to do that.

When anyone starts a new job, they start with lots of hope and expectation, and in this case the illusions were probably shattered very quickly. (Did anyone else feel like they wanted to phone her before she joined, and warn her?) The job she took on was a new role for the club, and one wonders whether the club created the correct environment within which she could succeed, or whether she was being set up to fail.

There could be other factors influencing the lack of sponsorship.
I wish her every success elsewhere.
Adrian

Auntie Merge wrote:As I understand it, Lauren has quit of her own accord.
I'm not sure if she has anything else lined up, so be wary that criticising her work might not be very fair and could prevent her from finding successful employment elsewhere. I'm sure none of you want to do that.

When anyone starts a new job, they start with lots of hope and expectation, and in this case the illusions were probably shattered very quickly. (Did anyone else feel like they wanted to phone her before she joined, and warn her?) The job she took on was a new role for the club, and one wonders whether the club created the correct environment within which she could succeed, or whether she was being set up to fail.

Not sure how any comments on here would prevent someone finding employment, seeing as how no names were mentioned until you did.
The only "criticism" is essentially based in fact - there are less boards around at the moment.

Odd that you haven't asked for people to refrain from the personal comments about other parties though.
Auntie Merge

Adrian wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:As I understand it, Lauren has quit of her own accord.

Not sure how any comments on here would prevent someone finding employment, seeing as how no names were mentioned until you did.
The only "criticism" is essentially based in fact - there are less boards around at the moment.

Odd that you haven't asked for people to refrain from the personal comments about other parties though.
From memory, there are usually less boards around at the beginning of the season. It happens, when boards are taken down and people don't pay to renew.

To throw all the criticism to someone who will shortly find themselves unemployed is not fair, particularly when so many of us are aware of the true situation at the club.
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:
From memory, there are usually less boards around at the beginning of the season. It happens, when boards are taken down and people don't pay to renew.

To throw all the criticism to someone who will shortly find themselves unemployed is not fair, particularly when so many of us are aware of the true situation at the club.
What is the "true situation" then, if so many people are aware?

My understanding is that the lady resigned out of the blue, and wasn't pushed or forced out.
Auntie Merge

It isn't my story to tell.

If you think she resigned out of the blue, then you're talking to the wrong people.
dagger4eva

I dont believe anyone has said she was pushed or forced out..

Im fairly sure if someone has been treated like shit (i'll reitterate the IF) - and the person dishing the treatment is too obvlivious and/or ignorant to realise their behaviour then of course it will come "out of the blue" when person on the receiving end hands in their notice.