Rebuilding club /supporters relations

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Alan wrote:Can the people moaning about this latest tea set extreme weather simply email the club to complain/seek clarification?
The email was read out Alan and the club is going to asked about it and why have they not spoken to anyone yet again regarding any issues that arises.
ARNU

Daggernewbie wrote:
NBDag wrote:Well then- if it's definitely from Thommo then serious questions need to be asked. I wonder if we would be seeing this happen if certain overly-sensitive comments/threads weren't made on this forum.
The club need start learning to sit down and talk to supporters face to face if they have an issue with any individual/group it more than likely achieve more than just getting flak afterwards.
I'm not being funny but they don't have to do ****** all to keep you happy. In return you don't have to support them. But you do have to behave reasonably and follow the club rules.Say you Have a party at your house and you don't want someone in, you can throw them out without explanation and any flags they chose to bring with them. This is a nothing issue that I think you are taking too seriously. You have some slight sympathy from me in that the flag in question isn't really offensive as far as I can see but it's not funny anymore or necessary. The club haven't banned flags but I'm sure it's down to them what they'll allow. I'm sure if a flag was appropriate they'd deck the ground out in them.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:Adrain my point is doesn`t matter what the subject is sit down and talk and how do you know Glyn or anyone else knows anything about the email you are assuming they do,as for alienating supporters there a lot now that only come in to watch the game where before they have a drink before and afterwards so that lost income.
Sorry, but do you even understand what I've been saying?
You're assuming Hopkin doesn't have anything to do with the e-mail. I'm saying it is a possibility that he could. I have not at any point stated that any one person or group of people is to blame, while you have clearly laid the blame at Thompson.

So I'll flip your question around - how do you know it is only Steve Thompson that has made this decision?
Daggernewbie wrote: ARNU it`s the way Steve Thompson has gone about business yet again making the decision about the North Korean flag himself.
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Adrain my point is doesn`t matter what the subject is sit down and talk and how do you know Glyn or anyone else knows anything about the email you are assuming they do,as for alienating supporters there a lot now that only come in to watch the game where before they have a drink before and afterwards so that lost income.
Sorry, but do you even understand what I've been saying?
You're assuming Hopkin doesn't have anything to do with the e-mail. I'm saying it is a possibility that he could. I have not at any point stated that any one person or group of people is to blame, while you have clearly laid the blame at Thompson.

So I'll flip your question around - how do you know it is only Steve Thompson that has made this decision?
Daggernewbie wrote: ARNU it`s the way Steve Thompson has gone about business yet again making the decision about the North Korean flag himself.
Steve Thompson sent the email with no mention that it was decided by the board or with anybody else.
Alan

Daggernewbie wrote:
Alan wrote:Can the people moaning about this latest tea set extreme weather simply email the club to complain/seek clarification?
The email was read out Alan and the club is going to asked about it and why have they not spoken to anyone yet again regarding any issues that arises.
You're making the same error: don't complain to us about it, complain to the club. Personally, I've never understood why people need to bring flags to football matches, so I couldn't care less if they banned them all. But if you're bothered about the club banning some flags, complain TO THE CLUB.
Chigwellian

That's ironic
I think people are discussing.... on a erm discussion forum
Daggernewbie

Chigwellian wrote:That's ironic
No Chigwellian with the board of directors etc. when they have an issue about something.
durnzo

Chigwellian wrote:That's ironic
This made me chuckle. The bare faced audacity of some folk to raise an issue and discuss it on a forum. Some people are in desperate need of a mirror, long, hard look and all that!!!

Of course, if people aren't interested then they could just not read or comment on the issue, but then I'd be entering the realms of hypocrisy cos I'd be suggested that they didn't comment on a discussion forum and it all starts to spiral until a never ending cycle of bollocks. A bit like this post!!!

On the flag it's get right up my chuff cos I've had enough of the "I'm offended" brigade, who's hobby is to find ways of being offended and looking for offense in places where it really doesn't exist. It's like the national pass time. These people are grade A, ******** ***** and should be lined up and ******** shot and dumped in an unmarked,mass grave like the no good, filthy, ******** dogs they are. Now THAT could be viewed as offensive(but in the grand scheme of things it's not really!!).
Don Beech 3

Well of course people are right its a discussion forum so fair enough on that.

Think it a shame that it was 28 hours until after the match had finished that anyone concentrated on the game that took place and a discussion thread started on that (decent thread if anyone wants to discuss the game) Wonder if that other consortium think they are the ones who dodged a bullet instead of other way round?
DI Mike Dashwood

Bit confused here, maybe someone can help.

On this thread yesterday morning at 9.02am Daggernewbie states that the apparent e mail was read out by the stewards to certain fans.

On another thread, now locked, at 6.31am this morning ThatRoundThing says in a post that the subject came up in a chat with an apparent official on Friday night but that he didn't quote the method of communication.

So I am a bit lost (I am quite slow on the uptake though so maybe just me).

Oh, and then in a move you would expect from a certain State in East Asia the other thread gets locked. You couldn't write it hey.

C'est la vie
Auntie Merge

Hi, if there is a problem with the thread being locked, let me know. But it might be best if the discussion goes on hold until the club has the opportunity to speak to those (supporters club, flag owners etc) in person.

I haven't been got at, nor is this a dictatorship. If you want it reopened let me know.
DI Mike Dashwood

One thread on the issue as a whole is probably plenty.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well it would appear Mike that AFC Fylde d not mind who they shared it with as it sounds that the contents of this alleged email was made known to anybody who was interested.

As I have previously posted Perhaps in future the Supporters Club should have a structure agreed with the Club where any complaint any supporter or group of supporters have cab be channelled through an agreed procedure.

We have many good People involved and who hold Office in the Supporters Club and I would have complete confidence in them being able to sort out any complaint I might have, if that situation ever arises.

As a way forward there is Benifits to both parties, one being an agreed complaints procedure could act as a recruiting Seargent for the Supporters Club and the Club in future could hopefully avoid the car crash this is becoming
Richie

Auntie Merge wrote:Hi, if there is a problem with the thread being locked, let me know. But it might be best if the discussion goes on hold until the club has the opportunity to speak to those (supporters club, flag owners etc) in person.

I haven't been got at, nor is this a dictatorship. If you want it reopened let me know.
Oh, the irony.
steeevooo

Auntie Merge wrote:But it might be best if the discussion goes on hold until the club has the opportunity to speak to those (supporters club, flag owners etc) in person.
It's my understanding that the Supporters Club have sent requests to both Thommo and Paul Gwynn in regards to arranging said meeting for a couple of months now, and on each and every occasion have either been completely ignored or received a reply declining the invitation, so I wouldn't build your hopes up on a speedy resolution!