New daggers webste IT genius's 2

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Has the last thread was locked i just wanted to finish off by saying i felt certain peoples attitudes on it were appalling at best,and who gets to decide who locks a thread up.
Lets hope some nice people or new fans havn't been put off from coming on here in future for fear of getting ripped apart.
durnzo

Careful!!!!!
mickeyblue

glad it wasn't just me
but we finished 9th!
NBDag

Is all a bit tedious with people taking it upon themselves to lock threads because they're not happy with it. Very North Korean Daggers.
Moderator 1

It seems that there is some kind of basic misunderstanding here.

What the moderators are saying is that, should the Daggers or the press post a story that is of potential interest to people here, please just post the link and any comments you may have, not copy the story verbatim.

This is simply to encourage people to click through to the Daggers or press site, which has value to the people who provide the stories in terms of throughput there and therefore attractiveness to advertisers. Presuming that we want more press coverage and the Daggers to do well commercially this should be pretty simple to understand really.

There is no board Gestapo, everyone here is giving their time free to provide a service to the fans.

Now, back to bitching... ;)
Don Beech 3

In other words keep it like when Diggerdagger were interviewing GT, GH & LG at various times over last year with the link to the interview.

Don't think it's too hard to do gents (and ladies) but also not sure Barking & Dagenham Post will cut it's coverage due to few extra hits its missing out on from here also If the new website is rubbish we know why though :!:
NBDag

All good and well saying that it encourages clicks. But could easily be argued that copying and pasting an article on here brings the article to people who may not necessarily want to read what the post or the website says. And by then saying that it was written by them may encourage those people to go out their way to visit the site more in the future if they liked the article they read on here.
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:All good and well saying that it encourages clicks. But could easily be argued that copying and pasting an article on here brings the article to people who may not necessarily want to read what the post or the website says. And by then saying that it was written by them may encourage those people to go out their way to visit the site more in the future if they liked the article they read on here.
Yeah, right!
Alan

I find the copying and pasting of articles irritating and unnecessary. Seriously, if people are IT literate enough to find and use this forum, they can click on a link.
The Romford Dagger

I understand the general point made about the link being posted rather than a whole copy and paste - fair enough.

I did think the thread being locked and the general rudeness involved in response to the copy and paste was unnecessary though.
durnzo

^^^^^^ what he said.

Although without the general rudeness and general misery I reckon this forum would lose some of its charm!! Some ginormous over reactions, which are always highly amusing.
Auntie Merge

I would like this to be a place where there was banter instead of insults and more off topic discussions about favourite crisps, biscuits, music and films. I'd also like this to be a relatively safe place, like the old forum, where you could post when a 'bit pist' without anyone taking everything oh so seriously.
durnzo

Drunken posting should always be encouraged. I often wake up with the beer fear, and it can take a good few hours before I'm brave enough to to look at the mobile telecommunications vessel. All good, wholesome, family fun though.
Auntie Merge

durnzo wrote:Drunken posting should always be encouraged. I often wake up with the beer fear, and it can take a good few hours before I'm brave enough to to look at the mobile telecommunications vessel. All good, wholesome, family fun though.
Yep. I'm less inclined to post something anywhere when drunk. I like to think I learnt my lesson with 'THAT dress' for those with long memories.

I purposely deleted all ex-boyfriends phone numbers from my phone so I don't do any drunk texts. Doesn't stop me receiving them though.

But watching someone else in freefall is very amusing.