Staunton

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

He's gone. Not especially bothered: always looked weakest link wherever he played.
TommyD&R

He turned down a contract so he must've thought he was worth more. Handy player to have because of his versatility but I'm sure we can replace him easily enough.
mickeyblue

wish him well he always gave 100% which is all anybody can ask, not the greatest but wow what a tackle early on last season to take 2 out when looked a certain goal.

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/2 ... 31627.aspx
but we finished 9th!
Lcbdagger

Personally sad to see him go, but certainly not a vital missing link in the team without him
diggerdagger1

Does anybody know if Joe widowson has signed the new contract he was offered? If my memory serves me right 4 players were offered new contracts. Pennell and Ling have signed ans Staunton has gone. Also did the 2 academy lads sign there first professional contracts offered to them by the daggers?
diggerdagger1

Does anybody know if Joe widowson has signed the new contract he was offered? If my memory serves me right 4 players were offered new contracts. Pennell and Ling have signed ans Staunton has gone. Also did the 2 academy lads sign there first professional contracts offered to them by the daggers?
Diggerthedog

Think he will be a big miss, very versatile player that never let any one down in the several positions he was asked to play with all our injuries. Thought he performed better at times than some that have stayed.

Good luck Josh.
A S dagger97

Diggerthedog wrote:Think he will be a big miss, very versatile player that never let any one down in the several positions he was asked to play with all our injuries. Thought he performed better at times than some that have stayed.

Good luck Josh.
I agree with DTD on all these points.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
stanton101

Always thought he did a decent job for us, I wish him well.
Adrian

Not really fussed either way with him.
He was versatile but I didn't see anything that suggested he should be first choice in any position.

Had a couple of shockers at centre back as well.
dagger4eva

Apparently now signed for Woking.

Slightly concerning as he said he had rejected us for footballing reasons. Is something going on at Woking I didn't know about?? :?
Mark

Probably that he'll play every week?

They just got taken over too.
RayleighDagger1986

It's not apparently.
According to Woking website he has signed for them. He reckons they can progress his career further there. TBH he's more guaranteed first team football there