FGR Away Second Leg (1-1) Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Their defence is really good, it's so annoying
It takes a lot to keep Whitely quiet over two legs. Marked him out the game in both.
A S dagger97

I do hope tranny hammer this lot..Vegie C**ts!!!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Adrian

TommyD&R wrote:
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Their defence is really good, it's so annoying
It takes a lot to keep Whitely quiet over two legs. Marked him out the game in both.
They didn't do anything, he just had poor games.

Over the two games there were three incidents which could have resulted in red cards, and only resulted in 2 yellows and a mild talking to.

We deserved nothing over the two games but I hope that lot don't end up going up.
Paul from Barking

2nd goal on half time was a killer for us and I agree with what Still said when interviewed on telly midway in the 2nd half 2-0 made them look good.

We acquitted ourselves well but not our day.

Will we be good enough next year?
redboy

I think that most of us would have taken top 10 back in August, so we probably over achieved. However we should have won Thursday night by a couple of goals and got punished today. Fine margins unfortunately. If the team continues to grow I'll be happy, but to lose to a team who riled me through their antics just hurts at the moment.
A S dagger97

Paul from Barking wrote: Will we be good enough next year?
We will need our best to stay fit and hold on to virtually all of our best XI. And obviously we've got to make a few signings mainly a decent RW.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Adrian

We will need to replace Maguire-Drew.
There's a reasonable chance that we'll lose Whitely.

We could do without the injuries from this season and someone much better to play at left back.
Lcbdagger

Any idea who isn't already signed up for next season? Williams is a great player to have back if we can keep him fit... interested to see where Guttridge fits in next season (if at all). Pennell should give a bit of defensive cover in the middle if he's fit as I think Robson should make the middle of the park his own.

Deserved what we got today... should have been ahead after the first leg and the first goal they scored was awful from any perspective
Alan

Disappointing performances in both legs from our creative players. Whitely's hernia perhaps limiting him and Okenbeherie didn't look match fit.

Don't like Robson in middle of the park. A fit Robinson should always start ahead of him in that position.

2 poor goals to concede. Not sure why Doe ran to the line instead of challenging Doidge for the first. For the second, Whitely fails to track back after losing the ball, Williams invites a shot and Cousins will feel disappointed he didn't keep it out.
Mark

Think Guttridge Widdowson Williams Benson Cousins are all out of contract.
Adrian

If we can keep them fit I'd keep Guttridge and Williams.
I'd keep Benno for his experience.

Wouldn't bother with Widdowson or Cousins.
stanton101

We just failed to show up and were playing with 8 men in the first half. The goal at half time killed us stone dead. And while we improved in the 2nd half, it would have been an injustice had we gotten anything out of this match. I hope this mob get stuffed at Wembley, their time wasting was appalling again, so much so that even their bench decided to hide the ball when it went off ffs!! Shit ground, terrible food, and what was with their clever fans who through drinks at us, but shat themselves outside.
Motm today for me was Robson never gave up and a special mention to the many that followed our team today, nearly 500 was a great effort.
Mark

They're a shit house of a club. I hope Tranmere absolutely stuff them.

I like Cousins but Justham ( wrongly imo ) was recently given a new contract. I don't think either if we're being brutally honest are good enough to win the league.

Widdowson had a good season largely but had a mare today. I'd love us to go for Femi again.
Alan

Mark wrote:They're a shit house of a club. I hope Tranmere absolutely stuff them.

I like Cousins but Justham ( wrongly imo ) was recently given a new contract. I don't think either if we're being brutally honest are good enough to win the league.

Widdowson had a good season largely but had a mare today. I'd love us to go for Femi again.
If Femi is the answer, I'm not sure what the question is.
A S dagger97

Borehams player of the year wasn't he